PDA

View Full Version : High Scores

Mathalor
September 1st, 2012, 19:55
Does anyone know what effects your high score in DK1? What boosts it, what detracts from it, and what's ignored? At the end of a map I see about 50 statistics but I'd like to know what contributes to a high score and what doesn't.

mefistotelis
September 3rd, 2012, 17:34
Score is computed while playing in "max_gameplay_score" variable. It is recomputed now and then, and if its value exceeds previous one - it's updated. So, max_gameplay_score is the max score you had during the whole level.

At end of the level, it is used by compute_player_final_score() function to get the final score:
- if you're playing a campaign, the value is increased by 10% per level index (ie. score for level 11 is multiplied 2x)
- if you're playing multiplayer, the value is simply multiplied by 2
- after that initial set, the value is divided by 2 is player has lost the level

See source code to figure out what makes "gameplay_score" increase. It is basically scaled 0..1000 and:
- is highly decreased if you have angry creatures
- is increased by the amount of distinct rooms you have
- is increased by the total amount of experience, research, manufacture and gold that was produced while playing
- is increased by winning battles and scavenging

Mathalor
September 4th, 2012, 03:20
So, would I get a higher score with several smaller rooms than one particular huge room of any given kind?

Also, thanks so much for your answer. I'd been searching Google fruitlessly for what seemed like hours.

mefistotelis
September 4th, 2012, 17:27
Three factors are taken into account when computing rooms-related part:
- amount of TYPES of rooms you have (0..17)
- total amount of room slabs you have
- amount of entrance slabs

Mathalor
September 5th, 2012, 02:33
Thanks, very much.

DragonsLover
September 5th, 2012, 06:03
If I remember well, there was a bug in the code that, instead of increasing the score, would decrease it. I don't remember where, but I've seen this somewhere.

But mefisto, you talked about levels in campaigns and multiplayer ones. What about "free to play" levels?

mefistotelis
September 6th, 2012, 16:51
The score bug: I'm not sure.. there's no such bug in KeeperFX, but I changed the algorithm a bit...
Some values are substracted, but it makes sense - ie. you get score from amount of battles you fought, but you get even more score if you've won more battles than you've lost (so score depends on (won_battles+lost_battles), but also on (won_battles-lost_battles) ).

The free play levels:
All levels which are not SP campaign levels have the score just multiplied x2.