PDA

View Full Version : Can not overwrite Maps/save new maps

Taliasam
November 2nd, 2012, 18:32
Hey there evil keepers,

i am playing dungeon keeper since 1998 and im still faszinated from its gameplay.
I already scripted and made maps earlier, but today i am using the keeper fx version and can not manage to get the editor working on there.
Already tried to use the editor in the simply installed path of original dungeon keeper gold, it is working, but i can not overwrite or even save created maps.:mad:

Have you any tips for me how i can get this fixed?:mistress:

sincerly

Taliasam

Taliasam
November 5th, 2012, 18:54
Looks like this forum is down... thats realy sad, hopefully noone will forget this amaizing game :)

Mothrayas
November 5th, 2012, 19:10
It's not down. It's just that no one has answered yet.

As for the map editor on KeeperFX, did you read this thread (https://keeperklan.com/threads/1666-How-to-get-the-official-editor-to-work-with-KeeperFX)?

And on DKGold, are you sure that you have read/write permissions in the maps folder?

Taliasam
November 10th, 2012, 14:24
Thats it, first of all i tried it by myself..
After failing at it ;) i tried the manuals of the thread you posted, but still it doesnt work.
I also tried creating a whole new level without overwriting a given one from the deeper dungeons but that didnt help either

Mothrayas
November 10th, 2012, 14:39
Ti tried the manuals of the thread you posted, but still it doesnt work.

As stated in that thread, if you have any issues with that method, send a private message to DragonsLover. However, I realize DragonsLover's method is not particularly helpful - and I didn't get it to work either - so here's an alternative.

Download the editor from here: http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=79&func=fileinfo&id=285
Put the files into the respective KeeperFX folders.

It's in French, but that shouldn't be too big an issue. You can replace the French text files with the English ones in order to get the Editor in English. (Off the top of my head, replace data/EDITTEXT.DAT with data/EDITTEXTEN.DAT, both provided in the download - that should work).

I also tried creating a whole new level without overwriting a given one from the deeper dungeons but that didnt help either

Are you sure that you have read/write permissions in the maps folder? You didn't answer this question.

Taliasam
November 10th, 2012, 14:56
Are you sure that you have read/write permissions in the maps folder? You didn't answer this question.

If you mention that the whole folder is set on read-only, it is not. If you mentioned anything else, please explain it, maybe thats the oint why it doesnt work

Download the editor from here: http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?...ileinfo&id=285
Put the files into the respective KeeperFX folders.

It's in French, but that shouldn't be too big an issue. You can replace the French text files with the English ones in order to get the Editor in English. (Off the top of my head, replace data/EDITTEXT.DAT with data/EDITTEXTEN.DAT, both provided in the download - that should work).

I will try on it in the evening, thank you a lot from this point anyway :)