PDA

View Full Version : Nevergrim is Getting Grimmer and Grimmer!!!

Ominous Perspective
January 21st, 2013, 05:35
Okay, so I’m playing Nevergrim, and it frustrates me that the enemy dungeon keeper has started attacking me before I’ve even started building my dungeon. I’ve tried to be anti-social, but the enemy keeper really wants to eviscerate me. I’ve read in another walkthrough that Horned Reavers are supposed to be available at the level before Nevergrim, and can be transferred. How did I miss this? What do I need to do to make this level easier to beat, and how to do I get a Horny one in the previous level?

Metal Gear Rex
January 21st, 2013, 06:26
Okay, so I’m playing Nevergrim, and it frustrates me that the enemy dungeon keeper has started attacking me before I’ve even started building my dungeon. I’ve tried to be anti-social, but the enemy keeper really wants to eviscerate me. I’ve read in another walkthrough that Horned Reavers are supposed to be available at the level before Nevergrim, and can be transferred. How did I miss this? What do I need to do to make this level easier to beat, and how to do I get a Horny one in the previous level?

You could just possess a Dragon, waltz up to the enemy Heart, and spam Flame Breath.

Or if you want to beat it fairly (doubt it), you could just hasten your build up time, or try to. I dunno about your strategies or speed so I can't really comment on that.

DragonsLover
January 21st, 2013, 07:45
The reason why you fail is because you're too slow. There are 2 ways so solve that level: 1. Use a transferred creature (like a :horny:) from the previous level, possess him and seek for the enemy keeper's dungeon in order to destroy it. That's the fast and somewhat not satisfying way. Oh, where do you get that :horny: you said? Hint: Temple. 2. Build up your dungeon fast. Attract :dragon:, :warlock: and :bile:. Start training your minions and do some basic researches when you get at least the CTA spell. Once you have the bridge, hurry for the coasts on the east and on the west of the level where each has a "Increase level" bonus crate. With creatures of 2 experience levels higher than your enemy, you shouldn't have any problems now.

Ominous Perspective
January 23rd, 2013, 22:38
The reason why you fail is because you're too slow. There are 2 ways so solve that level: 1. Use a transferred creature (like a :horny:) from the previous level, possess him and seek for the enemy keeper's dungeon in order to destroy it. That's the fast and somewhat not satisfying way. Oh, where do you get that :horny: you said? Hint: Temple. 2. Build up your dungeon fast. Attract :dragon:, :warlock: and :bile:. Start training your minions and do some basic researches when you get at least the CTA spell. Once you have the bridge, hurry for the coasts on the east and on the west of the level where each has a "Increase level" bonus crate. With creatures of 2 experience levels higher than your enemy, you shouldn't have any problems now.

I did beat the level with an imported level 10 dragon. Why didn't I import a Reaper? Didn' get one, even after building a temple. I built a rather large temple, but no reapers came to play. Either there's a bug, or there's something I'm suppoed to do with the temple to get the Reaper. Just so you know, I'm playing the GOG version of DK, so I don't if there any bugs that came with the package which prevent me from gettin that lovable horned dude.

Metal Gear Rex
January 23rd, 2013, 22:58
I did beat the level with an imported level 10 dragon. Why didn't I import a Reaper? Didn' get one, even after building a temple. I built a rather large temple, but no reapers came to play. Either there's a bug, or there's something I'm suppoed to do with the temple to get the Reaper. Just so you know, I'm playing the GOG version of DK, so I don't if there any bugs that came with the package which prevent me from gettin that lovable horned dude.

You sacrifice to get Horned Reapers. They don't come through the portal. Also, room size doesn't increase the possibility of obtaining a creature, at least as far as I know. That's in DKII only.

As for who you sacrifice, well, Level 9 has a very big hint on that.

friscmanseby
January 23rd, 2013, 23:09
Size doesn't increase the odds that a creature enters in your Dungeon, that is true, but you won't forget that there's a minimum size that you have to reach before such creatures will enter in the Dungeon (for example, the Vampire has as a minimum size for the Graveyard about 30 tiles)...

Hades
January 23rd, 2013, 23:40
Yeah, that level really IS Kill or Be Killed. The only time there is anything like this level is Tulipscent, where you had better have transferred a :samurai:, :lord: or :dragon: beforehand...

Bloodletter
January 24th, 2013, 11:52
Build fast and play aggressively, focus on training your creatures and only research the bridge to get the two increase levels on the east and west plains. There are also Flies in the middle of the map so be sure to get them too because they can help you scout out the enemy quicker. This is one of those maps that you just have to be really swift, good luck to you!

Ominous Perspective
January 24th, 2013, 19:29
Thanks for the advice guys. I managed to beat Nevergrim and the level after anyway, with a possessed 10 level dragon, and that was intense. It was great defeating all the enemy critters in Nevergrim with my strafing dragon, melting them before they could do much damage. Of course, they were so weak, they couldn't damage me much at all. Good thing the dragon could walk on lava, and be able to destroy the dungeon heart before the enemy keeper got any stronger. The next level was a different story. The humanoid enemies were tough dudes, particularly the fairies (felt like they had super rail guns as weapons), but with my healing ability and multiple forms of attack, I beat them. All my other creatures died, and I killed quite a number in friendly fire, but I conquered the realm. It's amazing how much difference an imported 10 level creature and first-person control can have on the game. I have no way of changing my overhead perspective back to normal after unpossessing a creature, but it is most satisfying.

Oh, and the Dungeon Keeper wiki explained that 1 Dark Mistress, 1 Bile Demon, and 1 Troll are is needed to sacrifice to create a Horned Reaper. I tried it before, but I think I might've messed up the combination. They don't explain how to create a spider when you need it to create a bile demon, sadly.

shortmicky
January 25th, 2013, 15:04
Whenever I've played the original campaign I've never had any troubles from Moonbrush Wood (9) all the way through to Mislte (19). In Tickle (8) I found the temple, created the Horned Reaper trained him to level 10 transferred him and went in for the kill immediately. Level 9 possess the horned reaper and dig to the west and attack the creatures swiftly, Level 10 possess the horned reaper and destroy their dungeon heart immediately, Level 11 have the Horned reaper battle most battles whilst training other creatures as "backup". level 12 possess horned reaper, dig south, enter and destroy Green dungeon, head west destroy blue dungeon, in same possession go south and kill all heroes. level 13 possess imp tunnel south to enemy, possess horned reaper attack green, be careful of lvl7 dragon, go west and destroy blue. level 14 tunnel north to the major gold where both keepers have started digging into. possess horned reaper swiftly destroy green then blue build up army head north destroy heroes. level 15 wait for samurai to destroy blue, possible green, build up army destroy heroes. level 16, possess horned reaper destroy blue immediately, level 17 tunnel every direction to destroy heroes as they appear using horned reaper where possible to destroy everything. Level 18 have a transferred creature from one of the Bonus levels possibly a horned reaper tunnel out everywhere to destroy heroes as they appear destroy heroes to the gems and destroy hero dungeons. Simples. The hardest level past level 8 is level 15 where the enemy keeper might destroy the samurai.