PDA

View Full Version : Vassago

Hades
January 26th, 2013, 18:50
Ok, I downloaded the map Vassago from FX,

And it's outright insane! When you are just getting your army built up, the yellow keeper bridges over to your base and has a massive army that would wipe out your entire army, while the hero base has impossibly tough creatures.

How am I supposed to win this realm?

Duke Ragereaver
February 5th, 2013, 06:53
I have some vague memories from playtesting this map, but there are some key points in order to achieve victory:

Coordinate with your ally, he has strong units under his command.
When the Yellow Keeper attempts to bridge your ally is likely to come into conflict, join in! If you don't win here, the Yellow Keeper will probbaly stomp you both into oblivion. And keep pushing from there before Green joins the fray. It should be managable from there.
Kill your ally when he becomes either too powerful or no more of any use (it's mandatory to win)

That is all I can remember back from back then. Then again, as mapmaker I knew the map in and out and did not find the map to be polished enough compared to some other earlier works.

For these reasons, I will look if the map can be made somewhat easier and refined.

friscmanseby
February 5th, 2013, 18:07
I don't played the map, I just would like to know why is mandatory to kill the ally when is too powerful (is mandatory because is a WIN_GAME condition or what?)