PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about advanced editing in DKII Editor Pro

Ostatni Samuraj
February 18th, 2013, 11:53
Hello.

I want to make a my own, new camaign in DK II. And i'm thinking about adding new creatures to the game. I've got a problem with add new type of creature, because when i do it, the editor is crashing.
So i decided to editing a unique creatures to make new. But i've still got a problem because when i make new "Zombie" by editing the "Unique Firefly" i can change sound, properties, name, icons, spells, but I can't change the model of Unique Firefly (basically "Firefly). I know that addind new textures to the game will be too difficult for me, so i decided to try change model of Firefly for example Skeleton. New Zombie created from Unique Firefly will have model of Skeleton but i don't know how to do this.
Second things is editing the spell "Skeleton Army". I want to add new spell "Dwarf Army" (dwarfs will be appear instead of skeletons) by edit Skleton Army spell and i know how to do that but finally when the creature is using this spell, dwarfs are appeaing but they not disappear after time.
Anyones know how to change model of uniques creature and edit "Skeleton Army" spell?
Sorry for my Engilsh I know is very simple and not perfect.

Metal Gear Rex
February 18th, 2013, 18:19
Simply put: The Editor is not finished. A lot of the things in pro editor are hidden in the default editor, because a lot of them don't work properly or DKII lacks full/proper support for them. You cannot creatre new Creatures. Only new Objects and Creature Spells can be created, as far as I know.

With Skeleton Army, it has two requirements. It must be given to the Dark Angel and it must create Skeletons. At least, I think there are two requirements. I know the Dark Angel requirement is a must but I'm not sure about Skeletons. Anyways, point is that there's something hardcoded in the game that makes Skeleton Army only properly usable by Dark Angels (and when creating Skeletons). Don't ask me why or how. DKII likes to hit me whenever I try and figure out a solution to its problems.

Also, your English isn't that bad. It's easy enough to understand and that's what's important.

Ostatni Samuraj
February 19th, 2013, 08:41
Thank you for such a quick answer. :)
It a pity that creating creatures and traps is still inpossible. Maybe in the future editor will be more advanced and more stable.
About skeleton army, i took a guess that is something in a code of game that dark angel must have only this spell. And now your words are confirming what I was thinking about this.
I've also one more question. Besause i try to add a new textures to the game. I want that the uniques creatures will have different portraits.
I'm using the "Dragon Unpacker 5" and without problem I can extract textures from WAD file. But is there any program which can create the texture file into WADpack?
I try googling by only programs for doom, halflife, etc.

Metal Gear Rex
February 19th, 2013, 16:28
It a pity that creating creatures and traps is still inpossible. Maybe in the future editor will be more advanced and more stable.

I doubt it. There's really no one working on the editor now so there's no way for it to improve.

I've also one more question. Besause i try to add a new textures to the game. I want that the uniques creatures will have different portraits.
I'm using the "Dragon Unpacker 5" and without problem I can extract textures from WAD file. But is there any program which can create the texture file into WADpack?
I try googling by only programs for doom, halflife, etc.

Not that I know of.

Ostatni Samuraj
February 21st, 2013, 23:36
I've got a next two questions. :)
I tired change the properties of "Cyclone" - a shot type of firefly's "Wind". I made a wind trap and everything is ok... it's doing damage of group of opponents but i don't know how to change thing that is responsible of stunning also my creatures. Trap makes a tornado and then also my creatures are falling on the ground and are stunned.
It's possible to change that or it's also a thing in code of game that we cannot change?

Second, complex question.
In my campaign I also changed the creatures which are appearing in levels. And for example my modified firefly is appearing in lvl 1. I want to do that when is generating in portal it has the short performence, the camera is zoom on the firefly and the lector is saying bla bla (i know formula "when rooms, then close portal, initialise timer, and when timer, then generate", etc). And then i've got problem...follow camera path at AP X. Which "path" i must put? Every creature have its own "path"? If not, what exactly is this "path" in "Follow camera "path"?