PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please help me?

Keeper666
February 22nd, 2013, 03:21
Hi guys,

I just found this site and I´m very happy to have found an active forum for this game. I´ve been looking everywhere on the internet for a solution to my problem but I couldn´t find one so now I´m hoping the Grandmasters here can help ;)!

I´ve installed this game on about 5 computers since it came out. Every time it worked perfectly, no black screens, barely any crashes, and no graphical glitches. Now the urge has risen again, and once again it´s running very smoothly.

Except that the cheats won´t work. Which is strange, since all the other times they always worked. I know exactly how to input them, and I hear the ´door´sound, but when I enter the cheat, nothing happens.
I´ve searched the internet high and low, tried every available version with every available patch, but nothing works. I believe it might have something to do with my operating system, as this one is the first with 64-bit (windows 7). The last one was windows 7 32-bit, and they worked back then.

So if anyone has any idea why the cheats aren´t working this time around, any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Please don´t bash on me for using cheats. I just like to play the campaign every once in a while :).

Metal Gear Rex
February 22nd, 2013, 03:24
You should hear another door sound when you either properly enter a cheat, or you fail. When do you hear the next sound? During your typing or after you finish? If the former, you're probably not typing it in correctly.

Keeper666
February 22nd, 2013, 03:34
First of all, thanks for the quick reply!!!

I´ve gotten them to work before, so I know how to type them. I´ve never noticed the ´door´sound again when the cheat finished, even if the cheat worked. But I just started up the game to check and I´m not hearing the second ´door´sound at all. Is it possible the game doesn´t register some of my key strokes? I´m not experiencing any lag while playing a map (only in the menu).