PDA

View Full Version : problems with Ai

darkkingkongman
February 22nd, 2013, 11:53
Hi, I,ve downloaded the editor and set up a custom map, but one one the keepers only slaps his creatures and does not dig for gold or build rooms. But the other Keeper is fine and does what it tells you to. Both of them are identical dungeons and have same the same ammount of gold to dig available. Rather strange. I have Version 1.7 of Dungeon keeper 2. I have even checked the Keeper properties are set up correctly and it seems strange how one does something while the other one doesn't. Please help!

Hapuga
February 22nd, 2013, 12:03
AI is broken in 1.7.

darkkingkongman
February 22nd, 2013, 17:19
Managed to fix the problem with the Ai. Loaded the map up in the editor and removed the keepers Dungeon heart, then replaced it on the map. Now the Ai works fine. Must have just been a bug.

TBC_x
June 11th, 2013, 02:58
The map you were playing was Circlet (3 keepers and heroes with 9 boxes in the middle)? That happened to me too on 1.3, i suspect that is something wrong with the map.

Hapuga
June 11th, 2013, 10:32
Nothing wrong with the map. The AI behaves like that in closed quarters, or when there is a lot of impnetrable rock, or any other stuff and not enough normal diggable land.

Skarok
June 11th, 2013, 11:10
Doesn't have to be true. When carefully designed the AI can respond good to closed quarters too, like for example Belial in level 11. It takes ages to get the DKII AI to do what you want though, it either responds good right of the bat, or it requires ages until it does what it's suppossed to.

Hapuga
June 11th, 2013, 11:17
AI reaction is a derivative of a map design, yes. However, map design cannot change the actual AI behavior willingly, because those two are not connected in any way, they are two different systems. For example - Swiss Cheese, my favorite map. Green does very poorly on this map. By altering the gold seams behind him, you get a much better behavior of Green (I had a map fix somewhere, where all 3 keepers do really well, even caught me unguarded once and I lost, which NEVER happens).

So yes, there are no special "adjustments" to the level that somehow determine the AI behavior. The AI itself is flawed, and certain map patterns bug it out.

To sum it all up: All maps are done properly. Due to internal logic bugs, AI responds improperly on some maps. To avoid that, AI patterns should be well known, as well as what causes it to bug out. As a result the map can be altered to better accommodate the retardedness of the AI.