PDA

View Full Version : No minions in Elmshadow?

SpeedDaemon
March 12th, 2013, 00:47
I have the 1.7 version from GOG.com.
I'm on mission 5 of the campaign ("fear"/Elmshadow), and no minions ever come trough the portal. I keep getting attacked, but all I have are imps. Finding the jail doesn't seem to trigger any, either.
All of the guides I've looked at for this mission seem to assume you get minions as normal. I've sat around with a lair, hatchery, and training room built until the enemies tunnel into my dungeon, but still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug, or working as designed?

Metal Gear Rex
March 12th, 2013, 02:54
I know that in Level 5, you can't get Goblins. I think no Fireflies either, but not sure. Can you upload your level5 so I can take a look at it in the editor?

SpeedDaemon
March 12th, 2013, 22:57
Well, 3x3 lair, hatchery, and training room doesn't get anything. Scrounged up the funds for a 2x3 library, and finally got a warlock.

So no Goblins, fireflies or salamanders, I guess...

Metal Gear Rex
March 12th, 2013, 23:00
Well, 3x3 lair, hatchery, and training room doesn't get anything. Scrounged up the funds for a 2x3 library, and finally got a warlock.

So no Goblins, fireflies or salamanders, I guess...

No none of them. Also, Salamanders don't appear this early on in the game. DKII has a silly rule about them not existing with lava on the map. It's not hardcoded or anything. Level Designer's choice. They first appear in Level 7, when Giants also appear.

Hapuga
March 13th, 2013, 00:40
its a 1.7 specific bug. Earlier versions have those levels working fine, with full unit pool.

darkkingkongman
March 15th, 2013, 10:52
I've had a look at this level in the editor and the creature pool is set to allow you to attract warlocks, dark elves, and trolls to your dungeon. These are the only creatures you can attract in this level. Build a guard room first to attract in dark elves and then a libary to attract warlocks. Yous should then start getting some creatures. I also own version 1.7 and goblins and fireflys cannot be attracted to this level.

DragonsLover
March 25th, 2013, 07:43
Version 1.7 kinda has something weird that makes some creatures being absent from the pool. There's an anti-boycott creature patch I did right there (http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=79&func=fileinfo&id=65) (even though it's mentioned in French, it works to all languages).