PDA

View Full Version : Changing music tracks

VoidWeaver
June 2nd, 2013, 11:31
As far as I know, Dungeon Keeper soundtrack written by Russell Shaw contains 6 songs, 4 of which are in-game audio backgrounds. Ie playable directly on the maps.

This is the tracklist:

Last Hopeless Sunrise (World map)
Ghostly Cave Theme
Enchanted Cave Theme
Mechanical Cave Theme
Backmasked Monster Voice Theme
Chanting Monks / Invading the Dungeon (Intro)

For those who are interested, it's here : http://dfiles.ru/files/iqp083o0i
~ 57 mb in mp3

If I understand correctly, the soundtrack is attached to each specific map. Now the question itself. Is it possible to change the soundtrack акщь that tracklist for each individual map or not? I just remember a conversation that mefistotelis perhaps in the future, will add such an option. But what for now?

Mothrayas
June 2nd, 2013, 11:59
In DK1, the music tracks are determined by the ID of the map.

If the ID of the map modulo 4 equals 1 (Map 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, etc.), "Ghostly Cave" plays.
If the ID of the map modulo 4 equals 2 (Map 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, etc.), "Enchanted Cave" plays.
If the ID of the map modulo 4 equals 3 (Map 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, etc.), "Mechanical Cave" plays.
If the ID of the map modulo 4 equals 0 (Map 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, etc.), "Backmasked Monster Voice" plays.

I don't think this can be changed in the original game - but you can change the soundtrack played for any map by moving the map to another ID (although this would be quite a messy solution).

I'm not sure how mefistotelis is faring with changing this around for KeeperFX, but I suppose he could change this system around at some point in time.