PDA

View Full Version : New map

Hades
June 28th, 2013, 16:17
Ok, Here's a new map I've been working on (name pending), where the basic premise is: you have to face two keepers and heroes. However, resources are scarce where you are, and you have to go on the offensive

Notes: This is an incomplete map, as I intend to have more hero islands, and hero drops. As well as that, I can't get the blues to attract :vampire:

Here's the map in question. Discuss away. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3gnjdnaapffovr0/qi7Z7aGKpC

dayokay
June 29th, 2013, 10:10
there is an error in this script. Max creatures for player 1. Apologies if you already discovered this. Dayo

Hades
July 1st, 2013, 16:06
That error has been fixed.

HuKo
July 2nd, 2013, 14:28
Nice Job! Looking forward to more maps :)
I like your sig, and I think mine answers the question! Just kidding!! It's such a tough choice...I love them both! I think Mistress is one of the most strongest in the game..without modification..I mean she kites so well nobody can catch up :P

Hades
July 2nd, 2013, 15:11
Here's the revised version (note, there is a reveal map, largely for testing purposes, and the hero base with the two faces of gems has been reinforced) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3gnjdnaapffovr0/qi7Z7aGKpC

ETA: It has the working title of Dis.

dayokay
July 4th, 2013, 11:15
You may wish to consider enabling the KeeperFX scripting commands? That allows viewing the whole map through the script. Like so:

LEVEL_VERSION(1)

REVEAL_MAP_RECT(PLAYER0,127,127,254,254)

Easy to turn off when you're happy with how the map functions.

Dayo

Hades
July 4th, 2013, 14:16
Thanks for the tip.

Anyhoo, the new version of this map will be released tomorrow. Any bug issues or problems, please report to me.

Hades
July 6th, 2013, 19:49
Sorry for the late version of the map, but without further adue (still trying to resolve issues around AI)...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3gnjdnaapffovr0/qi7Z7aGKpC

Hades
July 9th, 2013, 15:45
Any comments?

dayokay
July 12th, 2013, 18:33
How do I install and run a free play level?

dayokay
July 15th, 2013, 15:20
I've put the level into the main 'levels' folder i.e. not in the campaigns folder. I then edited ddisk1.lif to add this file to the end of the deeper dungeons list. It doesn't appear in free-play levels when I load DK1. Any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?

mefistotelis
July 16th, 2013, 00:20
I've put the level into the main 'levels' folder i.e. not in the campaigns folder. I then edited ddisk1.lif to add this file to the end of the deeper dungeons list. It doesn't appear in free-play levels when I load DK1. Any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?

1. Start the original campaign, enter first level, then exit and check the list again. Such levels can be only played when original campaign is active, and somehow my code seem not to change the campaign automatically.
2. You shouldn't need to change ddisk1.lif, as this level has its own .lif file.

dayokay
July 18th, 2013, 14:48
OK that's sorted me out. All working. Thanks Mefisto.

I have started the level. Enjoying it a lot. Liked the start with the Knight, and had to try a few times with a re-load, as my Knight FPS skills were found wanting! I see yellow tiles with no yellow keeper, but assume that's intentional? Strangely, one of those tiles I cannot claim, as my imps refuse to do it. I also have some strange dragon behaviour at times - they seem to be lost / frozen, but they eventually move, or I move them. I haven't encountered blue or green yet - I am just about to I think, so only a partial review. Will post more as I make progress (I have to do some work now!).

Incidentally, the logfile is spammed with messages about the Flies being unable to move (player 2 if I recall correctly). Just for information.

Nice work!

Dayo

Hades
July 18th, 2013, 23:51
Yeah, the Yellow Keeper bit was intentional so that you'd have to go the other way to break out of the hero base.

The idea was that you would have to take over the 6-blocks of gems, then you'd have the Blues and Greens come knocking (For some reason :vampire: refuse to train when a scavenger room is nearby)

Hades
July 20th, 2013, 15:56
I'm going to finish this level soon, but I want to find a way for the Blues and Greens to be completely neutral (i.e. they won't break out) until the Hero bastion is attacked.

Next update will have a stronger hero presence.

Hades
July 22nd, 2013, 00:35
New revision up: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51qrec76v7ub5jb/Osgfi8sQq-

ETA: Main points:

- Stronger hero presence (i.e. hero drops occur on some islands after you capture the)
- Flies have been removed
- Rival Keepers are encased, and won't attack until you move on the main hero base.
- Hero drop next to your base

Hades
July 22nd, 2013, 21:35
bump?

Hades
August 24th, 2013, 13:40
New version up.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51qrec76v7ub5jb/Osgfi8sQq-

DragonsLover
August 26th, 2013, 08:32
Script errors:

- Put REM in front of commenting lines. It's been 2-3 times I told you that, why don't you do it?
- QUICK_INFORMATION doesn't have a third parameter. You first specify the number, then the message. By adding the player at the end, you make QUICK_INFORMATION commands not showing in-game.
- You forgot ENDIF when we claim the Guard post.
- SET_FLAG commands are wrong once again. It must be: SET_FLAG(PLAYERX,FLAGY,Z) where X, Y and Z are numbers.
- In fact, concerning flags, some flags are totally useless. And it is also useless to set a flag to 0 since it has this value at the beginning of the map.
- You have too much ENDIFs in your script. Way too much.
- A lot of NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE commands are missing.
- One of your timers, TIMER0 of PLAYER0, isn't even triggered at all.
- Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence.
- ) missing at the end of a command.
- IF_AVAILABLE command is wrong. Must be IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_IMP == 0)

IF(PLAYER0,TOTAL_CREATURES < 2)
IF(PLAYER0,KNIGHT == 0)
LOSE_GAME
ENDIF
ENDIF
- Here, if we have a creature and it is not a knight, we lose?
- It is required to get 2 guard posts in order to make it available to build. Is it intended? (Same goes for Workshop and Scavenger room, but it's less important)

About your map:
- It is impossible to claim the yellow path. Why?
- Action point 1 is a bit misplaced. Is it intended?

Hades
August 26th, 2013, 11:48
I intended the Yellow path to be "allied" to PLAYER0, like Duke Ragereaver did with Frostsorrow Glacier.

The :lord: was always intended to be kept alive throughout the level.

As for Action Point 1, it's supposed to trigger the Avatar's arrival.

I thought I had largely fixed the coding in the level.

Anyways, here's the new version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51qrec76v7ub5jb/Osgfi8sQq-

DragonsLover
August 26th, 2013, 21:48
Why? It blocks the way.
About the Knight, well, ensure that if the Knight if dead ONLY, lose the game.
The AP1 is over the lava in a room. The player must build a bridge there in order to trigger it which isn't obvious.
I'll check the script later.

DragonsLover
August 28th, 2013, 00:44
Okay, you don't seem to catch totally what I'm saying, so I'll show you. Note that it's only a part of it, there's other similar mistakes of that kind thru all of your script file:

Incorrect:

Dis

SET_GENERATE_SPEED(500)

QUICK_OBJECTIVE(0,"This ocean of fire is being contested by two rival keepers and the heroes who control most of the islands in this realm. Slaughter them all and dominate this realm.",PLAYER0)
QUICK_INFORMATION(1,"You have little to start with Keeper. However, you have arrived adjacent to a semi-abandoned hero base. Use it as a staging post for your attack. To help you, an elite knight has come into your service. Take good care of him.",PLAYER0)

AIs

IF_ACTION_POINT(2,PLAYER0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG1 == 1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG1 == 1)
SET_TIMER(PLAYER0,TIMER0)
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,TIMER0 == 4000)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,FAIRY,3,6,4,5000 )
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,FLY,3,30,8,500)
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,FLAG0 == 1)
IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_IMP,0,0)
IF(PLAYER0,IMP == 0)
LOSE_GAME
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

Correct:

REM Dis

SET_GENERATE_SPEED(500)

QUICK_OBJECTIVE(0,"This ocean of fire is being contested by two rival keepers and the heroes who control most of the islands in this realm. Slaughter them all and dominate this realm.",PLAYER0)
QUICK_INFORMATION(1,"You have little to start with Keeper. However, you have arrived adjacent to a semi-abandoned hero base. Use it as a staging post for your attack. To help you, an elite knight has come into your service. Take good care of him.")

REM AIs

IF_ACTION_POINT(2,PLAYER0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG1,1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG1 == 1)
ENDIF
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,TIMER0 >= 4000)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,FAIRY,3,6,4,5000 )
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,FLY,3,30,8,500)
NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,FLAG0 == 1)
IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_IMP == 0)
IF(PLAYER0,IMP == 0)
LOSE_GAME
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

So, Hades, seriously, RTFM (http://keeper.lubie.org/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm)!

EDIT: I spotted another mistake. Look again above.

Hades
September 4th, 2013, 14:27
This should fix some of the flaws

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51qrec76v7ub5jb/Osgfi8sQq-

DragonsLover
September 4th, 2013, 22:20
I just looked again at the script and sighed... You didn't understand what I said above didn't you?