PDA

View Full Version : Why Don't They just update DK2 Level Editor Pro - so you can place Lair and Hatchery

Bj007pro
July 3rd, 2013, 07:57
Why Don't They just update DK2 Level Editor Pro - so you can place Lair and Hatchery rooms so they didn't need to go all the trouble of making another .exe file editor just for that, - It would've just been easier....

Metal Gear Rex
July 3rd, 2013, 08:12
Why Don't They just update DK2 Level Editor Pro - so you can place Lair and Hatchery rooms so they didn't need to go all the trouble of making another .exe file editor just for that, - It would've just been easier....

If I'm not mistaken, all Editor Pro does is simply take the normal Editor and turn off certain flags for hidden options to make them unhidden. And a lot of those options were hidden to begin with because they are broken. The RC3 version is more of a released beta version of the editor, having options that weren't in the final release version of the normal editor for whatever reason. Ergo, the issue is that the Editor Pro can't "unhide" the Lair and Hatchery tiles because those options aren't even there. They're not hidden, they just aren't there. For whatever reason. The Editor Pro is more fanmade, while the RC3 and Normal Editor are more official.

But of course this is all based off of assumptions. I do not know any of this for certain.

Bj007pro
July 3rd, 2013, 08:22
If I'm not mistaken, all Editor Pro does is simply take the normal Editor and turn off certain flags for hidden options to make them unhidden. And a lot of those options were hidden to begin with because they are broken. The RC3 version is more of a released beta version of the editor, having options that weren't in the final release version of the normal editor for whatever reason. Ergo, the issue is that the Editor Pro can't "unhide" the Lair and Hatchery tiles because those options aren't even there. They're not hidden, they just aren't there. For whatever reason. The Editor Pro is more fanmade, while the RC3 and Normal Editor are more official.

But of course this is all based off of assumptions. I do not know any of this for certain.

But then tell me.... they did it in RC3 editor, can't they just do that in DK2 Level Editor Pro??

Metal Gear Rex
July 3rd, 2013, 08:31
But then tell me.... they did it in RC3 editor, can't they just do that in DK2 Level Editor Pro??

Those editors weren't made by the same people.

Skarok
July 3rd, 2013, 10:52
You don't really need RC3 for Lair and Hatchery tiles anyways. I usually just copy them over, level 11 has these rooms pre-made for every AI and you can get them for Keeper 1 on some other Campaign Levels.

CAN
July 9th, 2013, 09:31
Just change their introduction indexes it hides the first room and the second room.