PDA

View Full Version : How to get it to work on Windows 7

hchn
July 25th, 2013, 02:57
I found a download on this site for 7 bucks and I haven't been able to play it for about 2 years so I'm really pumped to of found a good download only problem is I'm not sure about the compatibility. Will it work on my computer? I'm using Windows 7. It doesn't mention it as compatible in the description, but is it compatible? Or is there some way around it?

Thanks heaps =] :tentacle::tentacle::tentacle::tentacle::tentacle: :tentacle::tentacle::tentacle::tentacle::tentacle: :tentacle::tentacle::tentacle::tentacle:

DragonsLover
July 25th, 2013, 07:25
Hello!

If you wanna play the Windows version, KeeperFX is the way to go.
However, if you wanna stay true to the original, you can use the Dos version under Dosbox.

So theorically, yes, it is supported on Win7.

hchn
July 25th, 2013, 13:46
Hey!

Thanks for the reply, I've also spoken to people on other forums and they've replied saying that it would work. I've heard a lot about Keeper FX but I think I'll just stay true, It's been a while and I'm looking forward to it's old self =]

Thanks again =]

DragonsLover
July 25th, 2013, 21:50
You can play the original Windows version too I think, but you may encounter colour palette bugs. Better go under Dosbox with a good amount of cycles and you should be fine.

hchn
July 30th, 2013, 09:07
I've actually been attempting to get the Keeper FX to run today. But I've hit a problem, it loads the first cut scene but then goes to the red disc screen, and has an error. Wondering what the cause is?

mefistotelis
July 30th, 2013, 19:08
it loads the first cut scene but then goes to the red disc screen, and has an error. Wondering what the cause is?

Make sure you've read readme file. Also check log file for clues.

timpane
September 19th, 2013, 12:23
Better go under Dosbox with a good amount of cycles and you should be fine.

Kerdinario
September 22nd, 2013, 02:03
I did work vanilla dungeon keeper run in windows 7, without keeper fx or dosbox, but it has a lot of bugs and for make ir running you have to do some annoying things, i tried with dosbox but it doesnt goes fine, only if the cycles are sets to max, if set to max some things will go extremely fast, like the credits. So the best way to play it is keeperfx.