PDA

View Full Version : New Map (Work in Progress)

Hades
July 31st, 2013, 22:09
Okay, I'm working on a new map, where swarms of insects are attacking your dungeon. However, the map is currently incomplete, and I'd like your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fzzs2v9wq8qqyni/uP1741e9bk

Hades
August 1st, 2013, 19:22
Bump?

Metal Gear Rex
August 1st, 2013, 20:09
Bump?

Bump? Bump from what? Bumping back from the top to the top in less than 24 hours on a quieter forum with no other interfering replies on the same sub-forum? Come on, man.

People tend to want to play completed maps, not playtest and complete your unfinished ones for you. And if you're concerned with making sure a map is done properly, well that's why you get criticism after posting said completed map from people who play it.

DragonsLover
August 5th, 2013, 06:52
By looking at your script:
- AVOID putting comments without the command REM placed at the beginning of each of the commenting lines or the game will read your comments without understanding them.
- Typo mistakes: recruit, not recurit; no double spaces after commas; messages should end with a comma; preferably a capital for the name of a room and for Keeper; a capital at a beginning of a sentence.
- SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG0 == 1) is wrong. Should be SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG0,1)
- PLAYER_0 isn't a valid player.
- One timer is never used, another one is used twice.
- Where's quick message 5?

I also tested your level and:
- Thanks for the "Reveal map" bonus!
- Thanks for giving me an unaligned bridge, but how am I supposed to build it? I can't complete your level because of that.
- Are neutral heroes supposed to be enemies? Are vampire heroes supposed to be neutral?
- Hero magic doors surrounded by earth are kinda useless and annoying. I mean, you can dig a path just next to them.
- It's a good thing to give me a workshop, but without traps and doors to build, what do you want me to do with it? The only useful thing I found is to leave hellhounds busy forever! But a guard post would do the same thing.
- Training and scavenging require gold. Are you sure you gave the player enough of that precious metal? At least, give us a Treasure Room to build, 'cause the way from the gold to the already built one is loooooooooooooong and requires micro management.
- Enemy flies are destroying the hero doors at the west, fight level 10 skeletons and imps are killed by the unaligned traps. Is it intentional?

Hades
August 5th, 2013, 10:10
Ok, DL, the plan is you recruit heroes while fighting enemy undead. Most of the bugs should be ironed out now. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fzzs2v9wq8qqyni/uP1741e9bk

dayokay
August 5th, 2013, 18:19
One of the unofficial DK1 editors had a script checker didn't it? Could it be made into a small app for script checking? It is a frequent de-bugging requirement. (I know it can't catch everything..)

Metal Gear Rex
August 5th, 2013, 23:24
One of the unofficial DK1 editors had a script checker didn't it? Could it be made into a small app for script checking? It is a frequent de-bugging requirement. (I know it can't catch everything..)

Adkited I believe.

Hades
August 6th, 2013, 12:05
Yeah, that's what I'm using.

DragonsLover
August 9th, 2013, 11:29
By checking at the level script:
- Again, some comments don't have REM placed at the beginning of each of the commenting lines. Those are: AIs, Spells, Doors & Traps, Creatures, Player0, Player1, Player2, Player3 and Objectives.
- Again, some typos in your messages.
- Again, one quick message's missing.
- Didn't noticed it earlier, but some of your ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL commands have invalid data:
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,FLY,1,5,28,100) means that you wanna create 5 level 28 hero flies at AP1 with 100 gold each
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,BUG,5,7,18,100) means that you wanna create 7 level 18 beetles at AP5 with 100 gold each
- Didn't noticed it earlier, but QUICK_INFORMATION commands don't need the player at the end of the command, only the number and text. As for QUICK_OBJECTIVE, the player at the end of the command is the zoom to. Better use ALL_PLAYERS instead.
- You're giving an Iron door and a WOP trap at the beginning of the map. Is it intended?
- To make sure flies act properly in your level, since my patch sets flies fear to the max, use a SET_CREATURE_FEAR for the flies to be 0.

After playing the map again:
- Thanks again for the "Reveal map" bonus!
- Hero magic doors surrounded with earth are still kinda annoying, but anyways...
- Your workshop is too small in order to build Iron doors and WOP traps. The workshop must have at least 26 tiles in order to build these (unless I sell a few tiles and use a bug).
- Thanks for the gems, and more gold veins, but when they're far from my dungeon, at least, gimme a freaking Treasure Room to build... unless you want my Imps to be level 10.
- The level is still impossible to finish, not because of the bridge, but the blue flies destroy all the hero doors at the west, one of the Keeper's imps claim all the area, dig to get the neutral heroes (which are supposed to be for me, are they?), flies or imps get killed by the unaligned traps and then the imps fortify everything. So, unless you gimme the Destroy Walls spell, I can't break through the enemy Keeper's dungeons.

But, why don't you playtest your level yourself and then send it when everything is correct?