PDA

View Full Version : Queries

dayokay
August 16th, 2013, 16:35
Testing a new map, and I get hundreds of this error in the logfile. Any idea what it might mean?

"Error: script_create_creature_at_location: Couldn't create creature breed 1 at location 51"

I have a re-usable command to place a creature at dungeonheart after it dies, so possibly related to that?

also, I recall reading about the ability to switch off keeper alliances? I have a map where all players are allied to start. I'd like to end all the alliances with player0 when one alliance is broken

cheers

dayo

DragonsLover
August 17th, 2013, 03:07
Can I see the script and possibly the level by itself?

mefistotelis
August 17th, 2013, 07:43
I recall reading about the ability to switch off keeper alliances? I have a map where all players are allied to start. I'd like to end all the alliances with player0 when one alliance is broken

Reading your post, I realized I never finished that. So I quickly did the change.
Now ALLY_PLAYERS command has 3 parameters if LEVEL_VERSION(1) is present. The third one is either 1 or 0, for creating and breaking the alliance, respectively.
Levels with no LEVEL_VERSION will require the command having 2 parameters, as in original DK.

dayokay
August 17th, 2013, 14:11
Great stuff. I look forward to downloading that update when I get back from holiday (in 2 weeks).

@DL - I can't upload here. PM me your e-mail address?

thanks both

Dayo

DragonsLover
August 20th, 2013, 07:34
Okay, I quickly checked your level using an older version of KeeperFX and I'm not getting such error. However, of course, if you're using a reusable command to spawn more and more Wizard, you may end at a point where you reach the creature max limit, which is 255, especially when you have the Scavenger Room available to siphon them off.
There's also the problem of the things max limit. Each time a Wizard dies, it creates more and more gold bags and if we let things going as more Wizards are killed at enemy dungeon hearts, there will a point where creatures won't be able to attack and shoot projectiles since there's too many gold pots (and perhaps even Wizard corpses) lying on the dungeon floor. Therefore, the game will be unable to create more stuff or add more creatures and that's probably the reason why you get that error message.

And I catch about the alliance thing 'cause it's easy to claim all the tiles around the gem tiles to prevent enemies to get more gold.