PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Video Creatures

Metal Gear Rex
October 12th, 2009, 19:40
Even though DK2 had MUCH better models than DK1 in the videos, I actually like the DK1 video creatures more. They were darker and eviler. I'm just wondering if there are any models of DK1 creatures in the videos besides the Knight, Avatar, Horned Reaper, Bile Demon, Imp, and Troll. Or if anyone would make them, lol. But seriously, that would be nice. They aren't too complicated of figures so it wouldn't be hard.

Kromeh
October 12th, 2009, 19:42
There were bats...

And a dwarf and some other human....

We could get some animated movies for the lulz :)

Or make the RPG into a movie!! :O

Gold Knight
October 17th, 2009, 09:15
Although I mostly agree with you, I do think the Horned Reaper model from DK2 was better than the DK1 model. The DK1 model looks all blocky and weird. You can see him more easily if you look on the back cover of the DK1 Gold CD.

DK1 Horned Reaper (http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8165/dungeonkeepergoldback.jpg)
DK2 Horned Reaper (http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.com/media/2008/12/ae5yw45y4wrq44327y6hgjyty.jpg)

DK1 Bile Demon (http://www.juegomania.org/Dungeon+Keeper+Gold/foto/pc/1/1028/1028_t.jpg/Foto+Dungeon+Keeper+Gold.jpg)
DK2 Bile Demon (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/SinjinRazeem/bileenpied_full.jpg)

Although the DK2 Bile Demon is of a higher quality, I prefer the original DK1 version.

Metal Gear Rex
October 17th, 2009, 10:59
True. But I do think the DK1 model was creepier and/or scarier than the DK2. I could be friends with the DK2 model but not sure if I really want to get too close to the DK1 model. He's got this creepy grin that the DK2 model failed at.

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 00:08
In DK1, Horny looks deranged and psychotic whereas in DK2 he looks mean and angry. With the DK1 model, it was probably the oversized head and teeth along with his pupil-less eyes which did it. DK2 made him look more... natural.

The DK1 Horny gives the impression of some insane, killing monster thing. In DK2, you feel like you are apart of the action and that you are on his side - the evil side. (with the intro cinematic in mind)

That's just my opinion. :horny:

Metal Gear Rex
October 18th, 2009, 00:14
I remember beating the game and seeing Horny's head under "Dungeon Keeper" after the Avatar was turned into a troll. The image actually creeps me out. Nice. Or bad, I should say.

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 00:29
Remember, there is a difference between scary and evil.

Metal Gear Rex
October 18th, 2009, 00:44
But evil should be scary. DK1 Horny captured that.

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 00:49
DK1 Horny did not look that evil, he looked more insane and scary.

DK2 Horny did not look as scary or insane, but he did look more evil.

Metal Gear Rex
October 18th, 2009, 00:50
I have to admit that smile did look evil. But I'd probably face the DK2 Horny head on but wet myself if the DK1 Horny came at me.

dotted
October 18th, 2009, 01:35
I have to admit that smile did look evil. But I'd probably face the DK2 Horny head on but wet myself if the DK1 Horny came at me.

No you wouldn't

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 02:46
What? I'm pretty sure if either came at you then you'd be wetting yourself.

Metal Gear Rex
October 18th, 2009, 03:12
Well yeah, but so would you. But if I judged by his appearance, I wouldn't be so scared of the DK2 Horny.

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 05:33
Well yeah, but so would you. But if I judged by his appearance, I wouldn't be so scared of the DK2 Horny.
Yes, you'd be 'scared' of him. That's only because DK1 Horny looks like he has rabbies and will chase after you and brutally slaughter you on site. The fact that he may look more scary does not make him any more evil.

DK2 Horny looks a lot more like he'd lead an army (and win). He also looks a lot more 'battle-ready' with all his armour and huge body. I just think the DK2 Horny has a better design.

dotted
October 18th, 2009, 07:15

Why would you be more scared of DK1 horny, they are both gonna kill you.

Metal Gear Rex
October 18th, 2009, 07:26
True but the DK1 Horny captured a look of fright. While in DK2 he does look more like a leader, remember that the Horned Reaper isn't designed to be a leader but a lone wolf that needs to kill everything in sight. That is the scary DK1 Horny.

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 08:07
... remember that the Horned Reaper isn't designed to be a leader but a lone wolf that needs to kill everything in sight. That is the scary DK1 Horny.
Where did you come across this information?

dotted
October 18th, 2009, 09:38
Where did you come across this information?

Well it's true for DK1. But he is a leader type of sorts in DK2

Gold Knight
October 18th, 2009, 09:50
Well it's true for DK1. But he is a leader type of sorts in DK2
I know he was like that in DK1 but whether he was actually designed for that purpose is a different question. After all, he is the mascot of Dungeon Keeper.

I just feel that the DK1 Horned Reaper was just slightly over the top. But then again, this is Dungeon Keeper we are talking about. :troll:

Dre@m
October 18th, 2009, 23:13
Both have their ups and downs. DK1 reaper was definiately more scary.

DK2 reaper just looked... cheeky. :P

Back when I first played DK1 I thought that the reaper was crazy scary and whoever designed him was demented.

I think if he was on one of those "shock" things where they flash up, I'd jump. If it was DK2's I probably wouldn't.

Metal Gear Rex
October 18th, 2009, 23:17
Both have their ups and downs. DK1 reaper was definiately more scary.

DK2 reaper just looked... cheeky. :P

Back when I first played DK1 I thought that the reaper was crazy scary and whoever designed him was demented.

I think if he was on one of those "shock" things where they flash up, I'd jump. If it was DK2's I probably wouldn't.

Finally, someone who understands exactly what I mean. :D

Evi
October 18th, 2009, 23:50
What I think of both the "Hornys" from Dk1 and Dk2?

Meh, they both kill you the same.

Madkill
October 19th, 2009, 01:44
Why would you be more scared of DK1 horny, they are both gonna kill you.

One runs and the other walks.

dotted
October 19th, 2009, 03:53
One runs and the other walks.

So one kills you faster

Metal Gear Rex
October 19th, 2009, 03:57
So one kills you faster

That's how you know he gets the job done by the end of the day.

Krizzie
October 19th, 2009, 05:40
Let's look at both intro movies shall we, in the DK1 intro Horny decapatates a knight head while laughing (I presume) in DK2 a dwarf bumps in to him and he growls...

I like horny as a psycho killing machine not as a "smart" talking demon...

Gold Knight
October 19th, 2009, 06:39
Finally, someone who understands exactly what I mean. :D
I have known what you mean throughout the entire discussion. You are completely missing the point. Yes, DK1 Horny looks like some vile, hideous monster that goes on rampages and slaughters anyone on site - in other words, he looks 'scary'. I accept that. What I am trying to say, is that the DK2 model has a lot more natural and smooth design. The DK1 Horned Reaper just looks like a whole bunch of body parts attached together whereas the DK2 Horned Reaper actually looks like he is one, if you catch my drift.

Then there's also the matter on the difference between scary and evil, but I don't think I'll bother.

Metal Gear Rex
October 19th, 2009, 07:52
I have known what you mean throughout the entire discussion. You are completely missing the point. Yes, DK1 Horny looks like some vile, hideous monster that goes on rampages and slaughters anyone on site - in other words, he looks 'scary'. I accept that. What I am trying to say, is that the DK2 model has a lot more natural and smooth design. The DK1 Horned Reaper just looks like a whole bunch of body parts attached together whereas the DK2 Horned Reaper actually looks like he is one, if you catch my drift.

Then there's also the matter on the difference between scary and evil, but I don't think I'll bother.

I already got your first statement, but your evil idea seems more of an evil genius when the Horned Reaper is supposed to just be scary and mad with his killing.

dragonfist
November 8th, 2009, 02:02
DK 1 Horny is not evil, but an animal in defense.

In DK1, it's more like nature against humanity. Where humanity is called heroes. The only more or less human in the Dungeon is the warlock, and makes the most terrible sound ever when dropped down. Good thing they are the first ones to get killed in every fight.

DK 2 is commercial plagiarism.
In my opinion. It's only about money, a settled name. No story behind it, just an imitation of an original game. I am not the only one that has that opinion. Maybe it is put a little bluntly because of all de complicated history behind it. But Horny in DK2 has no story, is a new creature, is not a creature from nature, but rather a creature from mythology. The devil. The devil is not an original creature, his name is not Horned Reaper.

DK 1, also called Dungeon Keeper, is except for a game, also an experiment with the possiblities for AI and creating a funny virtual reality. This project was stopped by Electronic Arts, for whatever reason, a compleet other engine was used. Most fans back than expected improvement of the engine, not destroying it. This was very painful to many fans, the Dungeon Keeper Community disappeared from the internet, after the Dungeon Keeper 2 plagiarism was put on the market.

gnounc
November 15th, 2009, 07:29
Hello *waves*

been reading the forum a bit finally found something I thought I should jump in on.

DK1 Horned Reaper (I dont think he was called horny until dk2..either way, I prefer to call him the Horned Reaper) is psychotic. He runs to a kill, and if
he isnt killing something, he's not happy.

that said, I like the impression the first dungeon keepers horned reaper gives
more than I like the impression of the second horned reaper model.

DK2 Horned reaper does have a more natural looking model, it looks like
the body of something that is alive and could exist.
but I think the unnaturalness of the first model is also something
to its benefit, making him look even more insane.

I would like to see a DK1 Horned Reaper remodeled with a more natural
look (not totally natural mind you) that aims to preserve just a little bit
of the misproportions (he should still have a big head and a lean crack addict looking body) It would be totally sweet.

Its the absolute glee he gets from killing that makes me like him more, the DK2 Horny doesnt look so kid in a candy store about it.

Metal Gear Rex
November 15th, 2009, 07:50
(I dont think he was called horny until dk2.. either way, I prefer to call him the Horned Reaper)

The script command for Horned Reaper is HORNY so I think so.

DK1 Horned Reaper is psychotic. He runs to a kill, and if he isnt killing something, he's not happy.[quote]

Exactly why he's the "mascot" is because he's the most brutal killer in the entire game. Which is what being evil and a Dungeon Keeper is all about.

[quote]that said, I like the impression the first dungeon keepers horned reaper gives more than I like the impression of the second horned reaper model.

That's what I'm talking about.

DK2 Horned reaper does have a more natural looking model, it looks like
the body of something that is alive and could exist.
but I think the unnaturalness of the first model is also something
to its benefit, making him look even more insane.

It matters not how he appeared to be, since DK2 did have better graphics. But how Horny gave out his immage, his face did look rather creepy which is glorious to evil.

I would like to see a DK1 Horned Reaper remodeled with a more natural
look (not totally natural mind you) that aims to preserve just a little bit
of the misproportions (he should still have a big head and a lean crack addict looking body) It would be totally sweet.

Basically a modeled Horned Reaper that has something like the DK2's video graphics but with DK1's evilness and horror, sounds nice... or bad I should say.

Its the absolute glee he gets from killing that makes me like him more, the DK2 Horny doesnt look so kid in a candy store about it.

He didn't get much inside DK2. His scythe never touched flesh.

The Horned Reaper in DK2 I didn't like because he didn't always get the job done since he was slow as hell. If he ran... well let's just say that 2000 mana a second ain't too bad a deal.

gnounc
November 16th, 2009, 05:02
Basically a modeled Horned Reaper that has something like the DK2's video graphics but with DK1's evilness and horror, sounds nice... or bad I should say.

precisely