PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper Gold - multiplayer question

stitch123
February 2nd, 2014, 11:10
Hello!

I use GOG version of Dungeon Keeper Gold.
Is there any way how to play multiplayer without KeeperFX, Hamachi and other third-party mods/features?

Thanks and sorry for my English.

DragonsLover
February 3rd, 2014, 06:25
Hello!

Yes, you can, but good luck! The multiplayer of Dungeon Keeper Gold works either under IPX, Modem or Null Modem Cable, all of which are outdated today. You can play the multiplayer mode of the Dos version of Dungeon Keeper under Dosbox by enabling IPX, but computers have to be in the same room. You can use softwares to allow playing Dosbox IPX through TCP/IP but I haven't really tried it. Be warned though that the game may be very laggy.

If you have Windows XP, the IPX protocol can still be installed too. You can then play the multiplayer mode of the windows version if configured properly.

Other than that, if you don't have very old computers connected together, then no. I'm sorry, you can't. TCP/IP of KeeperFX is your best alternative.

Powtreeman
February 3rd, 2014, 06:33
If you want to play with someone in the same room then find the "Launch Multiplayer" inside the dungeon keeper gold folder in your GOGGAMES folder and run it as administrator and have the host click the host option and have the other person click the client option.
He/She will then have to type in your IP which will likely be 192.168.1.1 But if that does not work then try 192.168.1.2 or just keep changing the last one until you get to 9. If none of those work then your router is set to something other than default.

stitch123
February 3rd, 2014, 14:42
Ok, thank you both :)

DragonsLover
February 3rd, 2014, 23:06
Hmm, didn't know that GOG added a feature to play multiplayer through TCP/IP. Would be nice to have it included in KeeperFX.