PDA

View Full Version : Darkkingkongman's Maps

darkkingkongman
March 9th, 2014, 13:31
These are my own custom maps for version 1.7. Enjoy. http://www.mediafire.com/download/stgzrjw7uikpq1b/Dk2_maps.rar all comments, rating and feedback welcome.

darkkingkongman
April 12th, 2014, 10:29
download link for these maps updated.

darkkingkongman
April 17th, 2014, 12:03
These maps took me a few good months to make. I'm interested in receiving feedback and comments after playing. please give me feedback so I can make any improvements in the future.

Mannoroht
April 18th, 2014, 07:04
I may start play them, but the thing is... since this is for patch 1.7 and these maps are designed around Keepers which means 1.7 AI... don't think it's going to be much fun to play since 1.7 AI is dead.

darkkingkongman
April 18th, 2014, 11:38
I may start play them, but the thing is... since this is for patch 1.7 and these maps are designed around Keepers which means 1.7 AI... don't think it's going to be much fun to play since 1.7 AI is dead.I suppose you could try converting them to 1.3 version. their is a thread describing how to convert maps somewhere in the forum. I know earlier versions had better AI, but sometimes the 1.7 AI does make an effort. Depends on the design and type of map I suppose.

Metal Gear Rex
April 18th, 2014, 11:58
I suppose you could try converting them to 1.3 version. their is a thread describing how to convert maps somewhere in the forum. I know earlier versions had better AI, but sometimes the 1.7 AI does make an effort. Depends on the design and type of map I suppose.

No, it's not that. 1.7 AI does not drop Creatures in response to enemy threats. Therefore, it cannot attack others nor defend itself nearly as effectively as it could in 1.3.

This is the thread in question. [Link (http://keeperklan.com/threads/447-Converting-from-1-7-to-1-3)]

Also, as the content provider, it is probably better off if you, darkking, provided the 1.3 version of your maps if you desire to broaden the audience that plays them. It's never really a good idea to ask the player to do that for themselves.

Celtik
April 21st, 2014, 19:29
I agree with Metal. 1.7 version with keeper AI is just not fun as they won't do anything to attack or defend. Either make a 1.3 or 1.51 version of your maps or if you want to keep making maps for 1.7, don't put enemy keepers in them, just heroes. 1.7 is the best version EXCEPT for enemy keepers, but a map with only heroes can be much fun too.