PDA

View Full Version : A couple of things I need Help With. (Editor Installation, FanMap installation)

Yoghurt
March 18th, 2014, 22:27
Just downloaded the editor but I'm unsure of where to unzip the file.
Last time I had it installed on my other computer, I wasn't able to find and play the maps I had created.

I'm also unsure of how to properly download the maps you guys have made. I think I already downloaded a bunch, now I just need to actually put them where they need to be so I can play them.

Yeah sorry if I sound like a total noob. I love to play but I'm really terrible with the technical things.

Yoghurt
March 19th, 2014, 02:23
You've got the official editor right? Try to put it in the editor folder of the game install.

The maps go in the maps folder.

It sounds obvious but I wasn't lying when I said I'm a derp when it comes to that technical stuff.
I think I have the official editor. The file is simply named DK2 Editor :\ I got it from this site
http://www.gamefront.com/files/999

I'll try it out.

Yoghurt
March 19th, 2014, 02:38
Well I got it to work and that manual document that came with it should help with any further questions I have.

I also had a 'duh' moment and for some reason didnt' think to take the .dlk files from the folders and add them with the rest of the default maps *eyeroll*
Thanks for your help :)