PDA

View Full Version : How to play singleplayer custom maps ?

p132
May 12th, 2014, 19:21
Everything is in the title.

Thanx for the help

Metal Gear Rex
May 13th, 2014, 00:46
Find your DKII.exe, and create a shortcut for it. Edit the shortcut and at the end of the Target location, add the following:

-q -level "name"

Replace 'name' with the name of the level. It should be exact to the file name with things like spacing, though I don't think proper capitalization is necessary. Access the shortcut and it will play the map. Change the name as you please to access different single player maps.

Also, I moved this thread over to the Troubleshoot sub-forum.

p132
May 13th, 2014, 18:33
When I try what you've said it just say "it's not a valid target"
This is what I've typed :

"C:\Users\Pierre\Documents\jeux\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII-DX.exe"-q -level Whynots KingDoom

Metal Gear Rex
May 13th, 2014, 18:57
You have to put the level name in quotes as I did.

p132
May 13th, 2014, 21:55
Its still not working, and I really dont understand why because I've done exactl what you've told me !
Could you give me an exemple please ?

Metal Gear Rex
May 14th, 2014, 01:26

Target Text: "C:\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe" -q -level "level13a"

If you follow everything exactly, it should work. I use this technique literally all the time in order to playtest my maps. It isn't totally uncommon either, as I know of other users using this technique. It's also mentioned in cheat lists as well.

If for some reason it still isn't working, you can perform a slower and more tedious method that is guaranteed to work. That being, renaming all the map files of the level you want to play. Change them to "level1" and then overwrite your existing level1 files (after backing them up of course). Then start up a new campaign and you'll get that map.

This shouldn't be necessary as the Level Select trick should work fine. I do not understand why it wouldn't be working, if you've followed everything correctly as mentioned. I was thinking that maybe it being GOG has something to do with it, but I don't think so.

Mannoroht
May 14th, 2014, 14:20
You should also copy the map name instead of writing it by yourself (that's what I did (was a short map name)) but it didn't work for whatever reason, so better copy & paste the name if you did not do this already.

p132
May 14th, 2014, 20:04
I dont know how to thanx you !
It worked !
I can finally play all the custom singleplayer maps I want !