PDA

View Full Version : Language

bluluxabica
June 15th, 2014, 04:41
Hello!

First, sorry if this was posted before, i searched a lot through here and through google as well.

Allright I'm brazilian and i've been learning korean on my own on the last couple of days, so, while i was playing DK, i recalled (some years back) that i changed the language to french by accident, and since i'm practicing korean i was wondering if i could translate dk to korean or brazilian portuguese, if so, how is that possible? What kind of files am i supposed to edit, or if there are any kind of programs that help me do this.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Bluluxabica,
Supreme boss of his own computer :cool:

mefistotelis
June 15th, 2014, 09:45
since i'm practicing korean i was wondering if i could translate dk to korean or brazilian portuguese, if so, how is that possible? What kind of files am i supposed to edit, or if there are any kind of programs that help me do this.

Recently we've put a lot of information about translating KeeperFX on this Wiki:
https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/wiki/TextLangMain
KeeperFX already recognizes "KOR" as language, so you may start creating gtext_kor.po using POEdit.
I'm not completely sure if there are korean characters within the game, but I think they are - in one of the chinese fonts.

If you'd like to create translation only for original DK - download DKTools or Dungeon Keeper Text Editor, and edit text.dat directly; the tools are here:
http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk1_tools_other.php
Note that original DK won't support korean characters.

bluluxabica
June 18th, 2014, 17:33
Hello mefistotelis!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I couldn't find the gtext_kor.po you mentioned and i also don't know how to use this POEdit program. Do you mind to give me a quick tutorial, if that's not a problem of course. ^^

And while i'm at it, since i'm going to translate keeperfx (which i'm really motivated to do so) will it actually help, or it'll be worthless? I would be flattered to see people playing Dungeon Keeper, the game i played since forever, in a language i helped translate. Imagine how awesome that would be! xD

And i also couldn't find any PO file related to brazilian portuguese... I read something about making a new file and then change it to po or something like that. Since i read it in a rush, i didn't understand a bit of it. Could you explain that to me as well please, mefistotelis?

Many many thanks!

Best wishes,
Bluluxabica,
Supreme boss of his own computer :cool:

mefistotelis
June 18th, 2014, 18:09
I couldn't find the gtext_kor.po you mentioned and i also don't know how to use this POEdit program. Do you mind to give me a quick tutorial, if that's not a problem of course. ^^

The file didn't existed before, it has to be created with POEdit from gtext_eng.pot.

Anyway, I did that for you -Just open the file and you can start translating:
keeper.lubiki.pl/temp/gtext_kor.po

If you wish to start with portuguese - just copy the file and rename into gtext_por.po.