PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Keeper 1 Settings Editor

darkkingkongman
June 28th, 2014, 14:51
I've downloaded the settings editor for dungeon keeper 1. But I'm having problems. Abilities learned that I've assigned to specific creatures won't show up in game after I've applied the changes to them. I've ran the Editor as an administrator and even saved the changes through the editor as a 'DKS' file. Does this need to placed somewhere in order for the changes made to work? please help.

mefistotelis
June 28th, 2014, 19:02
I've downloaded the settings editor for dungeon keeper 1. But I'm having problems. Abilities learned that I've assigned to specific creatures won't show up in game after I've applied the changes to them. I've ran the Editor as an administrator and even saved the changes through the editor as a 'DKS' file. Does this need to placed somewhere in order for the changes made to work? please help.

The editor writes creature.txt file - check if the one in your DK1 is updated.

Note that KeeperFX doesn't use creature.txt at all - it's only for DK1.

Woudo
August 26th, 2014, 17:16
The editor writes creature.txt file - check if the one in your DK1 is updated.

Note that KeeperFX doesn't use creature.txt at all - it's only for DK1.

It doesn't? How do you go about custom creatures then?

YourMaster
August 26th, 2014, 19:39
They are all ini files, you can simply open them with a text editor (like notepad) and make the changes you want. Try to open archer.cfg for example with notepad, located in \KeeperFX\creatrs

Change the health from 300 to 3000 and see what happens.

Woudo
August 27th, 2014, 11:40
What if you only want to change a creature for a single level? Shit outta luck i'm guessing? You can edit creatures to an extent with level scripting according to the doc but it's not what i'm looking for.

While we're on the subject, Quest for the Hero has faster training for creatures. I looked through the level scripts and the script commands doc but nothing comes up to explain why. Qfth does have a custom creatures.txt file but we just got done talking about how it isn't read by KeeperFX.
There's a code for faster researching;

RESEARCH(PLAYER1,ROOM,SCAVENGER,50000)
but not for faster training room or even manufacturing.
I'd like to, for just one level, have flies train significantly faster than usual.

And do you know if Mef has fixed flies getting stuck in pools of water yet? I'm going to update KFX and see if anything changes.

YourMaster
August 27th, 2014, 12:33
You're shit in luck: http://keeper.lubiki.pl/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm#scrpt_group_creatures

And yes to the flies as well: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=252

Woudo
August 27th, 2014, 13:42
Yeah that was the "to an extent" I was mentioning. You can't make them train faster, swap their spells around, allow 'locks to manufacture, set 'locks to infight with wizards sharing the same lair. That sort of stuff.

YourMaster
August 27th, 2014, 14:50
That's right, although that wasn't possible per map in vanilla either.

If you want those other things, you could create a 1-map-campaign, as each campaign can have their own creature files.

Woudo
August 27th, 2014, 16:05
Updated to the latest + nightly build but flies are still getting caught in water. Still have a fair number of maps to build so i'll just sit on this one for a while.

I also might need to overhaul the map entirely.
A level 8 fly lost to a level 1 knight and level 1 giant. I knew flies were terrible but I overestimated their strength.

YourMaster
August 27th, 2014, 17:41
Ok, too bad about the flies, you could report your issue on the tracker.

And yes, an overhaul to a level where you don't want your flies fighting would solve everything. Otherwise, raising their strength and health to make them strong enough to kill knights is possible in the level script of course. Or give the keeper the heal spell.