PDA

View Full Version : DK Level script plugin for Notepad++

YourMaster
September 2nd, 2014, 21:30
I was doing some scripting, and I've put the Dungeon Keeper syntax into Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/). This means syntax highlighting and auto-complete functionality.
So no more typo's.

This is the result:

I'm happy to share. It requires two files, the syntax and the autocomplete list.

Installation instructions.

Download the files here:

Extract to a temporary folder on your PC

Open Notepad++. In the menu: View - User-Defined Dialog.... Then select 'Import..' and select the file syntax_keeperfx.xml which you've just downloaded. Click 'Open' then close Notepad++.

Move the file keeperfx.xml to the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\APIs', or wherever you have installed notepad++.

Finished. Now when you open a dungeon keeper level script file in Notepad++, select 'KeeperFX' from the language menu.
If autocomplete does not show up - and you are sure you've installed it correctly - you have autocomplete disabled(standard). To enable: Settings-Preferences-Backup/Autocompletion -> check 'Enable auto-completion on each input'.

Included are all script commands from KeeperFX until the current nightly(r1366), so usable for Dungeon Keeper and KeeperFX.

EDIT:
I made an update. The above doesn't work anymore due to updates in notepad++. And there have been many more script commands (https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx-unofficial/wiki/New-and-Modified-Level-Script-Commands#keeperfx-unoffical-additions).
Download the update here: 1954

As for the installation, the file keeperfx.xml now goes to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Notepad++\autoCompletion', or wherever you have installed notepad++. The other file can be handles as above, and you can enable it now through Settings->Preferences->Auto-Completion.

EDIT 2:

The Notepad++ menu seems to change with every version. Now it's: 'Language->User Defined Language -> Define Your Language -> Import'

Trondhor
September 27th, 2014, 16:50
Thats nice work men! Thanks for that. Works superb :D

0etelaer
April 27th, 2016, 23:40
I can't get it to work, maybe my notepad++ needs to be updated.

I saw no import at User Defined Dialog..., but found an import at Settings>Import>Import Style themes, where XML formats could be imported.
The api map at the notepad directory has more xml files, and I already had put keeperfx.xml file there, before I imported syntax_keeperfx.xml.
I also restarted notepad++, two times now, but I can't find keeperFX in the language menu.

YourMaster
April 28th, 2016, 00:48
I don't know how old your version is, but this topic is almost 2 years old so it worked with an old version as well. In the latest version the menu's have changed a bit.

In 6.8.1 of notepad++ click 'language', then 'define your language' and you'll have the import button right there.