PDA

View Full Version : heroes sprinting?

12114_v2
December 13th, 2014, 21:50
I guess its a keeperFX feature, because i don't remember this happening in the old DK. Whenever heroes are attacking me, they randomly go super fast for several seconds. Anyway to fix?

its an add_party_to_level command.

YourMaster
December 13th, 2014, 22:02
I have seen this sometimes. Don't think it is a feature but a bug, if you have a way to easily reproduce it you could report it and it will get fixed.

12114_v2
December 13th, 2014, 22:15
I'm using unpatched 0.4.5. Its been happening consistently on all maps so far (I'm up to editing level 4). I thought before it was because they were following a tunneler who was their leader but nope, its happening with a simple add to party command now... heres my level 4 script:

REM ************************************************** **************************
REM Campaigns Consolidation Project for KeeperFX strategy game.
REM ************************************************** **************************
REM Script for Level Flowerhat
REM Campaign: DK Original
REM Authors: based on Bullfrog script
REM KeeperFX CCP Team
REM Date: 17 Dec 1996 - 11 Feb 2011
REM Copying and copyrights:
REM This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
REM it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
REM the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
REM (at your option) any later version.

REM New rooms for the player:
REM BRIDGE - Researchable
REM WORKSHOP - When other rooms are built
REM New creatures for the player:
REM TROLL - Attracted by WORKSHOP
REM New powers for the player:
REM POWER_CALL_TO_ARMS - Researchable
REM POWER_HEAL_CREATURE - Researchable
REM New manufacture for the player:
REM DOOR_WOOD - Manufacture
REM TRAP_POISON_GAS - Manufacture

SET_GENERATE_SPEED(400)

START_MONEY(PLAYER0,29999)

MAX_CREATURES(PLAYER0,20)

ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(FLY,5)
ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(BUG,10)
ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DEMONSPAWN,20)
ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(TROLL,20)
ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(SORCEROR,5)

REM SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,KNIGHT,3)
REM SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,THIEF,3)
REM SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,DWARFA,3)
REM SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,TUNNELLER,3)
REM SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,ARCHER,3)
REM SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,BARBARIAN,2)

SET_CREATURE_MAX_LEVEL(PLAYER0,DEMONSPAWN,10)

CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BUG,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,FLY,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,DEMONSPAWN,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,SORCEROR,1,1)

ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,TREASURE,1,1)
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,LAIR,1,1)
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,GARDEN,1,1)
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,TRAINING,1,1)
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,RESEARCH,1,1)
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE,1,0)

DOOR_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,WOOD,1,0)
TRAP_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POISON_GAS,1,0)

MAGIC_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_SLAP,1,1)
MAGIC_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_HAND,1,1)
MAGIC_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_CALL_TO_ARMS,1,0)
MAGIC_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_SPEED,1,0)
MAGIC_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_IMP,1,1)
MAGIC_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_HEAL_CREATURE,1,0)

CREATE_PARTY(WEAKLINGS)
ADD_TO_PARTY(WEAKLINGS,ARCHER,8,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES ,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(WEAKLINGS,DWARFA,8,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES ,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(WEAKLINGS,ARCHER,7,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES ,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(WEAKLINGS,DWARFA,9,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES ,0)

CREATE_PARTY(THIEVES)
ADD_TO_PARTY(THIEVES,THIEF,10,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES,0 )
ADD_TO_PARTY(THIEVES,THIEF,10,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES,0 )

CREATE_PARTY(BARBS)
ADD_TO_PARTY(BARBS,BARBARIAN,10,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES ,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(BARBS,BARBARIAN,10,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES ,0)

CREATE_PARTY(HEROMIX)
ADD_TO_PARTY(HEROMIX,BARBARIAN,10,100,ATTACK_ENEMI ES,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(HEROMIX,ARCHER,9,100,ATTACK_ENEMIES,0 )

CREATE_PARTY(LANDLORD)
ADD_TO_PARTY(LANDLORD,KNIGHT,10,20000,ATTACK_ENEMI ES,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(LANDLORD,SAMURAI,9,2000,ATTACK_ENEMIE S,0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(LANDLORD,HORNY,9,2000,ATTACK_ENEMIES, 0)
ADD_TO_PARTY(LANDLORD,HORNY,9,2000,ATTACK_ENEMIES, 0)

REM "Build up a dungeon including a treasure room, a lair, a hatchery, a training room and a research room. Also dig to and claim an entrance. Do not venture north yet as there are powerful enemies there."
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(45,PLAYER0)

IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE == 1)
REM "Your researchers have given you the ability to lay down bridges. You will need them to cross over lava."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(46)
ENDIF

REM Let's use flags to support a situation when player builds a room and then sells it
IF(PLAYER0,TREASURE > 0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG0,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,LAIR > 0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG1,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,GARDEN > 0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG2,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,TRAINING > 0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG3,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,RESEARCH > 0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG4,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,ENTRANCE > 0)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG6,1)
ENDIF

REM When all the available rooms are built, allow the player to build WORKSHOP
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG0 == 1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG1 == 1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG2 == 1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG3 == 1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG4 == 1)
IF(PLAYER0,FLAG6 == 1)
REM "When you are happy with your dungeon, build a 3x3 workshop which is now available to you. There, your creatures will be able to build doors and traps."
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(47,PLAYER0)
ROOM_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,WORKSHOP,1,1)
TUTORIAL_FLASH_BUTTON(13,-1)
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,WORKSHOP >= 9)
REM "To manufacture Traps and Doors in your Workshop you will need to assign creatures to it, by dropping them into the room. Manufactured items can be selected from the Workshop Panel as soon as they're ready."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(48)
SET_FLAG(PLAYER0,FLAG5,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,FLAG5 == 1)
IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE == 1)
IF_ACTION_POINT(2,PLAYER0)
REM "When your troops are sufficient in number and have had some training, lead them north and crush any who oppose you."
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(49,PLAYER0)
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,FLAG5 == 1)
IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BRIDGE == 0)
IF_ACTION_POINT(2,PLAYER0)
REM "You will have to find a way to cross the river of molten lava that bars your way."
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(50,PLAYER0)
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,FLAG5 == 1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BUG,1,0)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,FLY,1,0)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,DEMONSPAWN,1,0)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,SORCEROR,1,0)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,TROLL,1,1)
ENDIF

IF_ACTION_POINT(1,PLAYER0)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,WEAKLINGS,3,4)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,BARBS,7,4)
ENDIF

IF_ACTION_POINT(5,PLAYER0)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,THIEVES,4,4)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,THIEVES,8,4)
ENDIF

IF_ACTION_POINT(6,PLAYER0)
REM "The enemy's Dungeon Heart throbs before you. Assemble your minions nearby and administer the coup de grace."
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(51,PLAYER0)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,LANDLORD,-1,2)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,HEROMIX,-1,1)
ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,HEROMIX,-1,1)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER0,TROLL > 0)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,BUG,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,FLY,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,DEMONSPAWN,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,SORCEROR,1,1)
CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,TROLL,1,1)
REM "A Troll has joined you. Skilled in the craft of manufacturing, trolls are best employed doing dark deeds in your Workshop. They don't complain about the hours, because their labours keep them away from combat."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(52)
ENDIF

IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,WOOD == 1)
REM "Your engineers have come up with a wooden door. Place them down in corridors. They will keep out the enemy but allow your creatures to pass. You can lock doors by tagging them."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(54)
ENDIF

IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POISON_GAS == 1)
REM "Your engineers have manufactured a poison gas trap. Lay them down and when triggered, it will shroud that area in a deadly vapour."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(55)
ENDIF

IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_CALL_TO_ARMS == 1)
REM "You have researched the call to arms spell. Cast it once to gather creatures into a group, then cast it again to where you want that group to go. Call to arms is free on your land, but costs on all other land."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(56)
ENDIF

IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_HEAL_CREATURE == 1)
REM "Your researchers have discovered the HEAL CREATURE spell that allows to replenish the health of your creatures and keep them from dying for a while longer."
DISPLAY_INFORMATION(176)
ENDIF

IF(PLAYER_GOOD,DUNGEON_DESTROYED == 1)
REM "With the enemy Dungeon Heart in ruins, you have trounced the once proud opposition. Rule your new domain with terror and loathing, for a laugh."
DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE(53,PLAYER0)
WIN_GAME
ENDIF

YourMaster
December 13th, 2014, 22:31
Could you make a savegame from before it happens, and share the savegame with me? I'll load it, and will see what happens for me.

12114_v2
December 13th, 2014, 23:20
heres the map and the savegame. i can also make a video of them walking 100 miles an hour if you want.. its not normal lol. Its the knight and his dudes basically at the end, let the imp trigger the action point.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pugeqg

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 00:34
Couldn't load your save, so I had to play a bit of the level,... so many heroes.

In any case, I see what you mean, and reported the issue: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=456

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 00:37
ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL instead of ADD_PARTY_TO_LEVEL seemed to fix the issue (just tested). I guess i could rescript it every time i want them to move at a normal pace. It has downsides though if i want level and creature variety in enemy heroes, ill run into the 48 limit fast lol.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 00:48
Try it with a party without a horned reaper,... perhaps his massive speed is somehow addictive to the other heroes.

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 00:53
nah its not that, like i said it works perfectly with add_creature_to_level. Besides i had parties with just giants and dwarfs in level 2 which also moved uber fast.

Im pretty sure its a keeperfx "fix" in order to make the game harder and to make the creatures stick together more.

you can also see here from some random dude on youtube that his pace is fine since he's either using an old keeperfx version or gold dk or whatever: http://youtu.be/RV22BWBFvYg?t=18m27s

another problem i have is my tab on the left (creature/room/spell etc panel) randomly disappearing. It's a simple fix to press tab again but still.

Also, do you know the 3 default fear values from original DK? I'm not a fan of the idea, and i dont care if my flies die.

edit: actually is there a .cfg file collection with ALL default values for all creatures from original dk? That'd be great. Or was fear the only thing changed?

Other than that keeperfx is good :D

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 01:13
I'm pretty sure it is not a conscious decision for KeeperFX,... I've seen the list of changes, and this aint there....

Are you sure your sidebar is randomly disappearing? Because yes you can hide it by pressing tab, and show it again by pressing tab.

Fear truly is messed up yes,... Original DK did not have 3 separate fear values,... just one setting on how low health had to be before the creature retreated. That would be the fear wounded in KeeperFX. You can set it to 12 for most creatures, 0 for skeleton/vampire to get that to the original setting. The FearNoFleeFactor you can set to '1'(as that multiplies fear when you enable fleeing). The FearStronger did not exist. If you select a really big value creatures will never run away from stronger creatures, so just like in the original.

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 01:32
I'm pretty sure it is not a conscious decision for KeeperFX,... I've seen the list of changes, and this aint there....

Are you sure your sidebar is randomly disappearing? Because yes you can hide it by pressing tab, and show it again by pressing tab.

yeah im sure its totally random, sometimes it happens when i press m, or wasd to navigate. Happens about every 10 minutes.

is there a list of .cfgs that would make everything revert back to default as far as creatures go that i could use for my campaign? that'd be awesome :D I mean i can take ancientkeeper's config and manually change fears back to the original but is fear the only thing that was changed? Doubit it.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 01:46
That's why I made this: http://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=111

If you run that, all changes to creatures get reverted. If you open the DragonSlayer.bat with a text-editor you can also un-comment the classic bug mode, so you'll also get classic bugs back.
You can then copy the creature and other config files to your own campaign.

Or just download the config files here: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=393. There is also the change-log.

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 02:08
ok ty. i thought of another idea though, steal ancientkeepers cfg, delete everything except creature names and 3 fear values and hope it works (have 4 lines in total in each .cfg).
btw the early levels are sooooo boring to edit. I can't wait to edit level 11 (hearth). I did it once before but unfortunately lost the file. made it 20 times harder and it was world war 3 rofl, was the funnest level ever. Talk about cutting it close too, my heart was a few hits from going down lol. Kept everything the same for the human player, disallowed creature transferring from the level before, just buffed the white heroes. The original level 11 is an utter joke though.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 10:38
heres the map and the savegame. i can also make a video of them walking 100 miles an hour if you want.. its not normal lol. Its the knight and his dudes basically at the end, let the imp trigger the action point.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pugeqg

Do you have a video of the slow creatures going fast? I posted the savegame, but what I saw is explained (https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=456) as followers being able to catch up with the leader. If you indeed have giants walking super fast, that would be another problem.

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 15:32
Do you have a video of the slow creatures going fast? I posted the savegame, but what I saw is explained (https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=456) as followers being able to catch up with the leader. If you indeed have giants walking super fast, that would be another problem.

sorry, a video of what exactly? I had giants walking super fast with add_tunneler_to_level command in level 2 which is actually understandable because there IS a leader (their tunneler) and they were just trying to catch up. That is alright. I also had this level 4 knight party walk super fast which i posted here, which is not normal as there is no party leader in an add_party_to_level command. Who is their leader? Do you want the level 4 or level 2 vid?

And, like i posted above, the guy with the old DK version had his knight at the end walk just fine, as it should be, because there's no party leader. Only add tunneler_to_level has a leader...

Or by leader do you mean just the guy in front which would be the horny? In that case it's a new feature of keeperFX.... I'm sure if i go back to my old pc with windows xp and ORIGINAL DK, edit this same map in level 4, and add that horny/knight party in flowerhat they will walk at a normal pace. I can actually try to do that lol.

Also, how can you post the tab disappearing bug :P it's pretty bothersome.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 15:35
A party always has a leader. If not the tunneler, then the strongest creature. If it is just the followers going fast, that's ok. If you have the entire party moving super fast, a video of that.

Here you can report issues: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/list

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 15:37
A party always has a leader. If not the tunneler, then the strongest creature. If it is just the followers going fast, that's ok. If you have the entire party moving super fast, a video of that.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't so in the original dk. If i go back to my windows xp pc with original dk im pretty sure it will be different (not 100% but still). want me to make 2 different videos comparing original to FX?

add_creature_to_level has no leader and doesn't move fast, i believe add_creature_to_level (in KeeperFX) = add_party_to_level (in original dk).

Your logical explanations are good sure, but irrelevant because all im saying is that its different from original.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 16:35
I believe you that wasn't the case in the original. I don't really like how the follower-creatures move either, but there is a difference between a whole party moving too fast and as such reaching their destination really quickly, or follower creatures sprinting to catch up to the party leader.

If it is the latter, that is known, no need to make a video there. If it is the former, it would be nice to have some way of reproduction, and a video might help there.

'Add creature to level' spawns individual creatures, 'Add party to level' spawns a party, that will stick together by all following the strongest among them.

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 16:44
"I believe you that wasn't the case in the original."

so it IS a keeperfx exclusive feature after all, like i thought.

"but there is a difference between a whole party moving too fast and as such reaching their destination really quickly, or follower creatures sprinting to catch up to the party leader."

I'd prefer neither in most cases and have it just like the original. It would be nice if there was 1 more parameter in add_party_to_level in keeperFX for fast (fx mode) or slow (original dk mode) as an F or S abbreviation at the end or something.

I guess ill have to use add_creature_to_level for now and hope i don't run out of the 48 limit.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2014, 16:48
Parties sticking together,... yes.

Just to be clear, do you just have fast followers, or fast leaders as well?

12114_v2
December 14th, 2014, 17:43
forgot kinda, ill just make a vid of that savegame you couldnt load and you can be the judge.

edit: here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRtXoNQ7j1M&feature=youtu.be

sorry for spamming m, i thought i could make my tab glitch disappear and illustrate that as well, but no luck.

In the video it looks like they were just following a level 9 samurai (level 9 samurai is stronger than level 9 horny? who knew), but it looks like its actually working as intended (the leader wasnt speeding) so no problem there. However, i believe i did see tunnelers, who are leaders, go super fast in the level before.

YourMaster
December 15th, 2014, 09:47
Update to r1518 first, I think that's a massive improvement.

Sraw
February 1st, 2015, 02:02
As a player who strictly plays only the origional DK gold (or the GoG version), I can say that the followers sprinting to catch up to the leader is present in the origional dungeon keeper. It is rare, and usually only happens while they are not in combat. It seems to be tied to collision with walls in my experience, as they are trying to walk the most direct path to their leader and their leader is diagnally away from them. This causes them to go super fast, and it does not appear visually like any other speed enchanced movement.

I have had it where I dropped in an imp on some unclaimed land, and the heroes sprinted to attack my imp, and then I pick it up and they sprint back away, and then I can repeat it several times. Eventually though, they will revert to not sprinting once they catch up with the party leader (This was when the party leader could not see the imp)