PDA

View Full Version : Misc programmable events

Sraw
February 1st, 2015, 02:22
Dungeon Keeper Gold (no fx)

I have been designing a maze/adventure type map, and was wondering if there was a way to forcibly destroy a specific wall (without using a tunneler), or to forcibly claim a specific tile? The idea is that you cant research bridges and these tiles would be unusable (or worthless) until you had achieved a specific condition (something less intense than destroying a keeper heart).

For instance, Once you touch action point 7, enable you to use a "Save Point" of claimed land two tiles over, with a now accessable path.

Would also be awesome if you could turn a wall into a tile of lava directly, but I doubt that is possible

My second question is in regards to this link
http://keeper.lubiki.pl/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm#scrpt_group_creatures

Avoiding using any IF statements (except maybe initialization IFs)...

Is there a way to influence other settings besides these? Like changing the amount of experience points required to level from 2 to 3, jobs, anger, lair size, etc. Pretty much anything not specifically mentioned in that link that would be able to be changed in the creature.txt?
Additionally, is there a way to give other creatures reincarnation (like vampires)? I tried it with making level 10 imps able to reincarnate as a lower leveled imp, but that did not work. Maybe I should have tried a creature that has a lair...

YourMaster
February 1st, 2015, 09:55
First question: No
You've given the possibilities yourself, use a tunneler or when a dungeon heart is destroyed. Perhaps you could get the computer player to sell a room tile, but that seems unlikely.

Second question: No
In the creature.txt you can change almost anything, but on a map specific basis you can only change the things you've found in the scripters guide, nothing else.

Woudo
February 1st, 2015, 16:04
There isn't a way to change slab ownership directly. It's a question that's been asked many times; clearly the desire for something like it is there, but at the moment you'll have to get creative.

You said you wanted a way to limit space until a condition is met? That has been done before with reinforced walls and tunnelers. Since you don't want any tunnelers, you could use reinforced walls owned by green-keeper with green tile behind. When the condition is met, kill the green keeper and the reinforced walls will turn to plain dirt as it strips him of his tiles.