PDA

View Full Version : Selled bridge tiles turn into land in Buffy Oak

darkkingkongman
March 11th, 2015, 08:27
Ok, I'm not sure if this is a glitch. But selled Bridge Tiles turn into land. Is there a nightly build that will fix this?.

YourMaster
March 11th, 2015, 09:29
I never seen this, nor do I know about any (past) issues related to this. I tried selling bridges over lave and water just now and nothing strange happened.
Do you just have it on this level or on every map? Which version are you using?

darkkingkongman
March 11th, 2015, 12:40
I never seen this, nor do I know about any (past) issues related to this. I tried selling bridges over lave and water just now and nothing strange happened.Do you just have it on this level or on every map? Which version are you using?

I'm using version 4.5 and it's only on the level Buffy Oak. Unless it's a corrupted save file when I saved the game. Strangest thing is in some places over the lava land doesn't form from selled bridges of tiles whatsoever. Could it be a corrupted save file?

YourMaster
March 11th, 2015, 16:16
I'd share the save so this could be looked into.

I would also update to the latest nightly build, it is not that the 0.4.5 release is more stable or anything like that as Mefisto does not have a full team of testers working for him on every full release, and the there is an increasing gap between major versions and as such there have been many fixes, features and changes since 0.4.5. Looking at the change list, nothing related to bridges though.

And you could try some of the newly created maps of course.

Edit: I tried the exact same thing on the exact same map you did in the video you sent me, in both r1643(newer) and r976(older) but I could not reproduce it.
So you could try restarting the level and see if it happens again, if so, test a recent nightly, and if not simply be happy with your own lava-filling-superpowers.

darkkingkongman
March 11th, 2015, 18:19
Here's the save file. See what you think. http://www.mediafire.com/download/13du4r63772vrjg/Buffy_oak_save.rar

YourMaster
March 11th, 2015, 20:38
Cool, with the savegame I can do it too!

I reported the issue for you: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=525

UnknownMaster21
March 12th, 2015, 02:02
This is off topic, but now I am more positive about those boulders on my thread, hint hint

YourMaster
March 12th, 2015, 09:06
Why?

YourMaster
March 13th, 2015, 19:58
I'm using version 4.5 and it's only on the level Buffy Oak. Unless it's a corrupted save file when I saved the game. Strangest thing is in some places over the lava land doesn't form from selled bridges of tiles whatsoever. Could it be a corrupted save file?

Could you restart the level and see if you still have the problem? Have you changes the level in any way?
Because if not it is indeed the save that is corrupted according to Mefisto ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=525').

darkkingkongman
March 14th, 2015, 09:15
Could you restart the level and see if you still have the problem? Have you changes the level in any way?Because if not it is indeed the save that is corrupted according to Mefisto (https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=525).

I have not altered the level in any way and I have just restarted it without saving and it does exactly the same thing.

Unless it's one of the recent nightly builds or it could it be corrupted level data for that level specifically. It could be that the data file for buffy oak and for building bridges is corrupted.

I could have a go at editing the level by reproducing a new copy and see if that fixes the problem.

YourMaster
March 14th, 2015, 10:27
No, simply delete map00013.wlb and restart the level. That should fix it.

darkkingkongman
March 14th, 2015, 11:09
No, simply delete map00013.wlb and restart the level. That should fix it.

Thanks. It actually worked. Can I delete the wlb file on some of the other levels as well. just in case it happens again.

YourMaster
March 14th, 2015, 11:51
Sure.

dayokay
March 14th, 2015, 14:20
Can you post your original wlb file so we can play with it?

darkkingkongman
March 14th, 2015, 17:10
Can you post your original wlb file so we can play with it?

Sorry, I deleted it. he he. :)

mefistotelis
March 14th, 2015, 18:26
The file can be re-created with Adikted and its 'u' (update all dat/clm/w?b) function.

I'm not 100% sure that Adikted generates the file correctly, but from what I just checked it looks ok.

Maybe it's a good idea to do that for all maps and include all wlb's in next release - otherwise this problem will come back, as editors create the file as empty while re-saving.

Mickeyminime
November 17th, 2019, 03:47
I experienced this glitch many many many years ago. It was on one of the deeper dungeon levels. Must have been back in the late 90's when i had it. I can't remember what caused it at the time, but the level i was playing on was either the 5th/6th or 7th mission on Deeper Dungeons. The map starts with you having a 3 by 3 dungeon, you are surrounded by water. In the middle, the heroes have a dungeon of there own and at the bottom of the map, another keeper (blue) reside there. They have gems and for you, you have to work your way to yours which is somewhere in the north east of the map under heroe control.

I just remember building a bridge and sold it, all of a sudden, it became land. This allowed me to build closer to home instead of further away as there was a lot of water in the area that could become land when i sold the bridge.