PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No See

Enker-Zan
May 21st, 2015, 18:57
Howdy boys!

How is everyone? KeeperFX still growing strong? Less buggy/glitchy and the like?

YourMaster
May 21st, 2015, 21:08
Not many people left over here, but KeeperFX is still going strong. I would say the latest release is not buggy at all, but take a look at the changelog ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/wiki/VersionHistory').

Enker-Zan
May 22nd, 2015, 01:55
The AI actually functions properly now? That's a plus! They would definitely make my MOD a lot harder. :-P

On a scale of 0.5-10.0, how close is KFX to the original game? (not including tweaks and additions)

YourMaster
May 22nd, 2015, 02:12
I'd say overall it is a lot better. It is the small things that can make a huge difference. For example in the original game the workshop used to fill up by trap-boxes that could not be placed, making the workshop to annoying to use for me. Just a minor fix that made the difference for me in using or not using a workshop. Vampires now don't teleport away from combat anymore, rival keepers defend their dungeon hearts and just all around function a lot better.
Also many people enjoy playing in higher resolution.

Enker-Zan
May 22nd, 2015, 04:54
Very nice, I will have to check that out.

I got my hands on an old machine to continue my work on my MODs, so I might come back to doing that for Dungeon Keeper. :-P

YourMaster
May 22nd, 2015, 09:44
I think for you the best way to proceed is make it KeeperFX only, and not make it a MOD but a separate campaign. That is quite simple, simply put your levels in a folder under campaigns and fill in the campaign config file and you get listed in the campaign list alongside the main campaign instead of replacing the original campaign. Campaigns also support custom creature/config files.

I think people would be more willing to give it a try that way, and you can use all the KeeperFX specific functionality ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/wiki/NewLevelScriptCommands') if you like.

Enker-Zan
May 22nd, 2015, 23:55
Currently the MOD only modified the stats of all the monsters, rooms, traps, and spells; I was working on altering the original campaign to make it much harder before my last machine died.

Metal Gear Rex
May 23rd, 2015, 00:40
You can still make modifications to the campaign and have it be a separate campaign, just named in such a way that expresses that it's a modified version of the original campaign.

Replying in YourMaster's stead as he cannot post on the forum anymore.

It'll ruin his chicken rank.