PDA

View Full Version : Japanese DKMaps8 pack

Endrix
August 19th, 2015, 12:21
Hi.

The first Mission in Japanese DKMaps8 pack. I don´t know what I can do.

Have only the Bridge room and no money to build Bridge over the Lava to the treasure.

YourMaster
August 19th, 2015, 12:59
You can claim a guardpost a bit to the south, sell it and get money for the bridge. With the bridge you can claim the treasury and a dragon to defend your heart.

Woudo
August 20th, 2015, 00:46
Or you can just BEAST all the heroes with your dragon and dig around the area just south. There's gold pots in random alcoves and a gem seam.

YourMaster
August 23rd, 2015, 00:23
I've never played this campaign before, I just opened the first level to answer Endrix's question, but I've continued playing and have finished the first two levels. Not bad.

On the first map I triggered a party of lvl 10 heroes including avatars early on. I could sell the bridge but the lvl 10 hell hounds destroyed my entire army but the vampires. From that point forwards it was just vampires, which aren't that bad. Later on got a few orcs who after training never left the workshop to create many boulder traps. I didn't bother the heroes, but reaching the green keeper I got a message that said I killed him and got a bridge as a reward. Beat the map without ever having to kill the white dungeon or the avatar. Green's army was bigger than mine with very powerful creatures, and all my vampires got killed several times over but eventually green was dead.

Second map I died several times right from the start. I won't spoil why because after the beginning the map is basically done already. Save to say just when I got my first 2 creatures I had a large group of lvl 10 hounds in my base. Seems like a lot of effort went into the maps, although I'm not that much of a fan of the massive hero pockets.

Hades
August 24th, 2015, 14:58
A major problem with this map (and a problem I find with quite a few other fanmade levels and campaigns), is that they are more "Punishing" (random drops of "Oh Fuck!" without any rhyme or reason as well as no indication of what you are supposed to do, like much of this campaign) than "difficult" (This is the problem you face, find a Solution. Great examples of the latter include Twin Keepers, Undead and Ancient Keeper). Extra Credits did a very good video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs) on this sort of thing.

YourMaster
August 24th, 2015, 15:10
Yes, on the third map the lethal surprise parties had gotten on my nerves enough that instead of continuously reloading I used the reveal-map-cheat. Most maps do this, even several of the Deeper Dungeon maps and I can't imagine anybody liking this. I listed in my mapmaker guide (https://keeperklan.com/threads/4914-Guide-to-fun-DK1-maps) for a reason, together with frameskip-to-win maps this is the most common problem there is. Closely followed by maps where you become super overpowered through prison/graveyard.

Hades
August 24th, 2015, 15:33
Yes, on the third map the lethal surprise parties had gotten on my nerves enough that instead of continuously reloading I used the reveal-map-cheat. Most maps do this, even several of the Deeper Dungeon maps and I can't imagine anybody liking this. I listed in my mapmaker guide (https://keeperklan.com/threads/4914-Guide-to-fun-DK1-maps) for a reason, together with frameskip-to-win maps this is the most common problem there is. Closely followed by maps where you become super overpowered through prison/graveyard.

Good advice. Also add Overuse of Traps as a problem, because a room full of lightning/word of power traps will slaughter imps and bankrupt you (or use a l10 dragon for tedious bomb disposal). Then there's severe dick moves like putting boulders behind magic doors.

Endrix
September 24th, 2015, 15:37
Map 5 > Sengoku musou < are very difficult :eek:

tips and advice??

YourMaster
September 24th, 2015, 17:08
I just played it for the first time for you,... what did you find difficult?

You get unlimited imps, you can possess them to scout and claim where you want to go. Don't have your imps claim the entire map, that takes too much time. Make sure to rescue your imprisoned samurai before they starve. As a bonus when they are free, claim the prison and fortify the walls so you can have 5 prisoners at a time and get skeletons.

Scout the map and take the fight to them. Allow your creatures to flee, make sure none of them die, and pick them up and put them back in the lair quickly so they heal between fights. When rested and nothing is coming for you, claim as much of the hero rooms as possible as that causes hero parties to stop coming and blue creatures to appear that help you. When they do, try to fight alongside them.

Woudo
September 24th, 2015, 17:24
This level was actually made easier with somewhat recent changes to creatures and guard posts.

- When all three imps die, you get another set. Don't waste money on creating additional imps.
- Stepping on a guard post will stop it's associated party from spawning.
- If your samurai aren't fighting, they should be sleeping.
- If you're going to spend time on imprisoning, only imprison level 7's and above. The rest aren't worth the time.

- Destroying the hero dungeon heart is the only requirement to finishing the level. You can ignore the final hero party by just letting them pass and then flagging their heart.
- A single tap of cave-in will send a party running across the map. This could buy you half a minute or more in dire situations.
- When fighting a level 10 or the horned reaper, drop one samurai at a time a few seconds apart to chain the freeze duration.
- When fighting knights, drop one samurai so the Knight uses Reflect and pick the samurai back up. Wait until it's expired and then drop your samurai one at a time like above.
- Manage the allied waves. If you kill every enemy party in their path, they'll break down a door and loose some enemies you can't deal with yet.
- Because you only need to step on the guard post and not claim it, you can possess a samurai and knock down the doors of the spawning parties to quickly turn them off.