PDA

View Full Version : Issue with created map

iomatix
July 4th, 2016, 01:47
I just finished my new map which is highly scripted.
Map is working correctly on singleplayer skirmish and multiplayer level (with 1 human + 1,2 or 3 cpu players) but issue appear when game is starting with 2 or more human players. :confused:

Map instantly finish and in Evil Rating Window are no players who was added to game. :confused: :confused:

For reason: When before starting map in multiplayer I'll add 1 blue cpu player and human player will join (who is green) only yellow player will be showed in window.

When I was trying debbug that map i hit the trail (I'm not sure that...) but i think there is problem with action points. Issue disappear when I'll delete all action points from map (which result is script error (I mind again) and game crash.)

I attached map, maybe someone will fix that (or somebody will involve in the game on this map without other humans :rolleyes: )

I'm asking all of you for help or ideas. :hellhound:

Metal Gear Rex
July 4th, 2016, 15:02
First two possible issues that come to mind.

Does everyone have the exact same map? DK2 is extremely picky about this.

It's possible that the error is simply caused by having a computer in Player 2 position, and then having a Human Player 2 in Player 3 position and so on. Have you tried no computers at all?

I can look into the map further but that'll take some time, I'm not sure if I can get around to it today.

iomatix
July 4th, 2016, 15:50
First two possible issues that come to mind.

Does everyone have the exact same map? DK2 is extremely picky about this.

It's possible that the error is simply caused by having a computer in Player 2 position, and then having a Human Player 2 in Player 3 position and so on. Have you tried no computers at all?

I can look into the map further but that'll take some time, I'm not sure if I can get around to it today.

Yes, I used my laptop for testing it with current map files sending by pendrive. I tried start game without computer players still the same issue. Game instantly ends :(

I tried also delete all keepers from map and set them again with default settings without movie scenes and without other script - the same bug.

I also deleted all hero parties, and heroes who was scripted - the same bug appear.

It moved forward when I deleted all action points - what i said in previous message.

I think it may be that error with players positing but how can I repair it? :0

Thank u for reply and your help! I hope we can fix it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[07.06.2016] Update:
I verified "is computer player" value in map editor. All keepers have unmarked that value.

Still I don't know what is reason of the issue.

I should try to check players' positing but I don't know how to do this. :confused: