PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs

Patrician
August 30th, 2009, 11:50
Easter Eggs

Full Moon
On every full moon, you will receive funny rhymes when you run the game, and a hidden level is activated. The date is based on your CPU clock, of course, which you can change by double-clicking the time on the bottom-right of your task bar.

Torture Screen
If you complete a level with the Lord of the Land being imprisoned while you hear "You have conquered this realm", you will be taken to a special screen...

Wishing Well
Try sacrificing some gold in the temple.

Greets I
Press and hold down Left-Shift, type FECKOF or SKEKSIS. You will receive some greetings from the programmers. These will run until you release Left-Shift.

Greets II
Start the game with the command parameter -alex. While playing, press and hold down both Shift keys and type JLW. You will hear a sound each time you type the letters.

Hidden message
To get the hidden message from Jonty Barnes in the game, you must have the Hatchery, the Temple and the Chicken spell. First, sacrifice more than 16 chickens into the Temple pool, then point your mouse cursor over the Chicken spell icon to show its bubble... and read.

Birthday wishes
On the following dates you will see a message saying Happy Birthday to a member of the Dungeon Keeper team :

January 13: Mark Healey
March 21: Jonty Barnes
May 3: Simon Carter
May 5: Peter Molyneux
November 13: Alex Peters
December 1: Dene Carter

Harass your enemies
To send harassments, press ALT + F1 to F8 keys.

If you know of any others post here and I'll add them to the list.
Post edited by DragonsLover

DragonsLover
October 21st, 2009, 18:58
Mefistotelis and I have finally found the Easter Egg involving Jonty's message with the Chicken spell. Just read above to make it happen. :)

Metal Gear Rex
October 21st, 2009, 19:02
Lolz, I am so trying that.

By the way, weren't there some messages like "Your creatures have a craving for chocolate" or something? How are those achieved?

DragonsLover
October 21st, 2009, 19:08
Well, the only thing I know about that is : to hear such funny speech, a Keeper (you or any of the enemy) must have X times more creatures than the number of built rooms and wait for the next payday. Sometimes, it doesn't work. Only Mefisto could be precise if he gets the code.

dk2player
October 21st, 2009, 22:56
They should have put more easter eggs in the game because it is a humorus evil game.

mefistotelis
November 22nd, 2009, 17:17
Torture Screen
If you complete a level with the Lord of the Land being tortured, you are taken to a special screen...

It's not exactly like this. You are taken to the "Torture tower" screen only if a knight is IMPRISONED when the victory is decided.

So:
- The first knight on a level have to be imprisoned (any knight in KeeperFX)
- You must win the level (hear "You have conquered this realm") while he is imprisoned
- Note that it's not important if he's imprisoned or not when you press space at end. The important moment is when you hear "You have conquered..".

Torturing him may work too - I'm not completely sure.

And which knight in "first knight on a level"?
It's hard to say. Original DK assumed that there will never be more than one knight per level. This is fixed in KeeperFX - all knight are checked there.

Monsterbaby
November 22nd, 2009, 17:22
I've tried to sacrifice money in the Temple, but I cannot see anything happening - what do you actually gain by doing that?

Mothrayas
November 22nd, 2009, 18:07
a funny quote.

DragonsLover
November 23rd, 2009, 02:07
It's not exactly like this. You are taken to the "Torture tower" screen only if a knight is IMPRISONED when the victory is decided.

So:
- The first knight on a level have to be imprisoned (any knight in KeeperFX)
- You must win the level (hear "You have conquered this realm") while he is imprisoned
- Note that it's not important if he's imprisoned or not when you press space at end. The important moment is when you hear "You have conquered..".

Torturing him may work too - I'm not completely sure.

And which knight in "first knight on a level"?
It's hard to say. Original DK assumed that there will never be more than one knight per level. This is fixed in KeeperFX - all knight are checked there.

Interesting. Because, as you may probably already know, there's an unused animation sequence showing an Imp dragging the Lord of the Land out from the prison cell to bring him in the torture chamber (without sounds, unfortunately). Showing that in KeeperFX before the special torture screen (like it should be) would be so great by the way! I'm sure it's easily doable.

Pizu
May 29th, 2010, 07:12
i remember after having the game on for about 12 hours(rarely pausing it) i'd hear something like: "isn't it time too take a nap in your keeper-bed". It was in dutch so poorly translated, but i assume its alike in English xD

DragonsLover
June 2nd, 2010, 00:37
In DK2, yeah. But in DK1, I don't think so.

Dominus
June 2nd, 2010, 06:32
I remember, if I had a printer connected to the PC that at some point in the game while playing, a message from the enemy keeper was printed on a paper and I was like WTF LOL :D

anyway, DK have the funniest easter-eggs in a game ever

Pizu
June 3rd, 2010, 18:15
In DK2, yeah. But in DK1, I don't think so.
i rarely ever played DK2, so i doubt it.

Mothrayas
June 3rd, 2010, 18:21
I don't recall DK2 having been translated to Dutch, so I doubt it as well.

Necror
June 3rd, 2010, 18:44
according to this file found in FrontEnd.WAD they were planing to make it in dutch but they never did

uch attaching files to post seems to be a lot harder since the new vBulletin I'll upload it elsewere

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4031/titlescreendutch.png

Pizu
June 3rd, 2010, 19:36
according to this file found in FrontEnd.WAD they were planing to make it in dutch but they never did

uch attaching files to post seems to be a lot harder since the new vBulletin I'll upload it elsewere

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4031/titlescreendutch.png

orly? thats interesting! are there many files in dutch or just some empty folders? curious ^^

DragonsLover
June 4th, 2010, 23:15
I remember, if I had a printer connected to the PC that at some point in the game while playing, a message from the enemy keeper was printed on a paper and I was like WTF LOL http://static.images.keeperklan.com/forum/images/keeperklan/smilies/biggrin.gif

Yes, that was with the PRINT command line. This works with the BETA versions if I'm not wrong. I guess this command was used to help Bullfrog about the scripting.

i rarely ever played DK2, so i doubt it.

I don't recall DK2 having been translated to Dutch, so I doubt it as well.

Then perhaps it's one of the DK1 silly mentor quotes, only translated differently. Anyway, you can easily listen to them and extract them by using Danrhan's DKSound utility.

Lasharus
June 7th, 2010, 00:39
Actually, I've played DK2 in Dutch ages and ages ago. There was definitely a Dutch translation of it.

I could probably find it again, but I've got a stable installation with Windows 7 64-bit now, and I don't want to jeopardize it :P

dotted
June 8th, 2010, 22:54
Actually, I've played DK2 in Dutch ages and ages ago. There was definitely a Dutch translation of it.

Yup http://webseed.keeperklan.com/DK2/data/dk2v170nl.zip <- Dutch 1.7 patch.

mefistotelis
July 11th, 2010, 12:14
On request of DragonsLover, here's some code

// Rare message easter egg
if ((game.play_gameturn != 0) && ((game.play_gameturn % 20000) == 0))
{
if (ACTION_RANDOM(2000) == 0)
{
k = UNSYNC_RANDOM(10);
if (k == 7)
{
output_message(SMsg_PantsTooTight, 0, 1);
} else
{
output_message(91+k, 0, 1);
}
}
}

DragonsLover
July 13th, 2010, 06:08
So briefly, if I understand well:

If at every 20000 game turns excepted for the very first one (0), a random number generated (from 0 to 1999) is equal to 0, a random number from 0 to 9 is generated. If that number is 7, then you get "Your pants are definitely too tight". Otherwise, you get one of the other silly mentor quotes, excepted for speech 98 because of the number 7 above (which is weird, should be changed). Am I right?

Hah, I was so wrong when it was related to number of creatures and rooms. :D

mefistotelis
July 13th, 2010, 06:47
If at every 20000 game turns excepted for the very first one (0), a random number generated (from 0 to 1999) is equal to 0, a random number from 0 to 9 is generated. If that number is 7, then you get "Your pants are definitely too tight". Otherwise, you get one of the other silly mentor quotes, excepted for speech 98
Yes. So every 16 minutes of gameplay, you have 0.05 percent (1/2000) chance of getting a random silly quote.

...because of the number 7 above (which is weird, should be changed)
I think it is made intentionally and has some reason. Quote 98 is probably just used for something else.

DragonsLover
July 14th, 2010, 03:31
Yes. So every 16 minutes of gameplay, you have 0.05 percent (1/2000) chance of getting a random silly quote.

Err... I guess it's rather 0.0005% chance... which is kinda rare.

I think it is made intentionally and has some reason. Quote 98 is probably just used for something else.

And what it is used for then? Another very rare case?

dotted
July 14th, 2010, 07:49
Err... I guess it's rather 0.0005% chance... which is kinda rare.
(1/2000)*100 = 0.05%

Noanechu
November 30th, 2013, 01:42
29th November birthday message for Michael Chateauneuf - seems to be the mentor of the french version?

DragonsLover
November 30th, 2013, 02:25
Michaël Châteauneuf....

is me.;)

Noanechu
November 30th, 2013, 02:30
Ok, I suspected that ;) ...then belated best wishes ;) .

DragonsLover
November 30th, 2013, 18:57
Thanks a lot! :)