PDA

View Full Version : Modding Spells

Schizz
February 28th, 2017, 23:07
Hello, I have a few questions about modding the game.

1) AreaDamage = x y z
What those three values represent?

2) How can I change damage of Poison?

3) Is it possible to add new spell based on some existing one?
For example: I wanna make new Fireball spell which will be same like normal fireball but with faster reloading. Is it possible?

Thanks.

YourMaster
March 1st, 2017, 00:03
Hello.

1) This is the info from the magic.cfg:

DamageType = None
; For shots that can damage surrounding area - hit type, range, damage and blow.
; Hit type controls which things will be affected by the spell (1..4).
; The damage and blow will be at its max only very near to the casting point;
; at distance it will start decaying, until zero is reached at given range.
; Blow is the strength of hit wave which pushes creatures on explosion.
; Range is in subtiles, damage is in points per turn.
; Note that range and damage are increased with caster exp level.

2) Easy answer: You can't. Hard answer: By modifying the source code of the game. The setting is currently hardcoded.

3) You cannot add a spell, but you can replace another one. Say you don't like the firebomb spell, you can change it into a second fireball spell by changing the last line of the instance in creature.cfg. If you are using version 0.4.6u (https://keeperklan.com/threads/5174-KeeperFX-Unofficial-0-4-6) you can replace spells that are currently not used, for example the spell 'CAST_SPELL_TIME_BOMB' and assigning that to a creature. You can accomplish exactly what you want with this.

Quuz
February 2nd, 2020, 03:31
Hello.

1) This is the info from the magic.cfg:

DamageType = None
; For shots that can damage surrounding area - hit type, range, damage and blow.
; Hit type controls which things will be affected by the spell (1..4).
; The damage and blow will be at its max only very near to the casting point;
; at distance it will start decaying, until zero is reached at given range.
; Blow is the strength of hit wave which pushes creatures on explosion.
; Range is in subtiles, damage is in points per turn.
; Note that range and damage are increased with caster exp level.

2) Easy answer: You can't. Hard answer: By modifying the source code of the game. The setting is currently hardcoded.

3) You cannot add a spell, but you can replace another one. Say you don't like the firebomb spell, you can change it into a second fireball spell by changing the last line of the instance in creature.cfg. If you are using version 0.4.6u (https://keeperklan.com/threads/5174-KeeperFX-Unofficial-0-4-6) you can replace spells that are currently not used, for example the spell 'CAST_SPELL_TIME_BOMB' and assigning that to a creature. You can accomplish exactly what you want with this.

Where i can find reload time of spells?

YourMaster
February 2nd, 2020, 09:04
fxdata\creature.cfg