PDA

View Full Version : Temple Recipes

Patrician
August 30th, 2009, 13:18
Good sacrifices

:imp: = Reduces Create Imp spell by 300 gold (minimum of 150 gold - stackable).
2 x :fly: = Finishes current research.
2 x :beetle: = Finishes current manufacturing.
:fly: + :spider: = :warlock:
:beetle: + :spider: = :mistress:
3 x :spider: = :bile:
:troll: + :bile: + :mistress: = :horny:

Bad sacrifices

:ghost: = All your chickens die
Chicken = All your chickens die
2 x :vampire: = All your creatures become diseased (after the first Vampire drop, you get a warning)

Neutral sacrifices

2 x :bile: = All your creatures become chickens (useful to avoid an enemy Armageddon)
Gold = Funny quote
:horny: = All your creatures become angry (works in KeeperFX only. Otherwise, DON'T try it). However, note that when you do it, you are rewarded with 30000 points to your score (not tested).

Thanks to DragonsLover for disproving a number of other suggested combinations!
Post edited by DragonsLover, and my pleasure Pat! ;)

mefistotelis
November 22nd, 2009, 14:11
Horned Reaper = All your creatures become angry (doesn't seem to work)
There is a coding mistake in this function - instead of setting creature anger, it writes into another part of memory. This is because function arguments are switched - the parameter "reason" is switched with "annoyance level". So instead of:

annoyance[reason] = level;
we've got:

annoyance[level] = reason;
Writing memory at random position may hang the game - so don't use this sacrifice.

In KeeperFX, this error is fixed - all creatures are becoming angry, as intended.

DragonsLover
November 23rd, 2009, 02:15
Yeah, it was really strange when you heard that the gods have punished you... when nothing happened.

Thanks for the find! :)

Zyraen
July 13th, 2011, 15:20
I'm not sure, but I recall reading somewhere that Temple Sacrifices cannot be altered for original DK1... is that true?

Metal Gear Rex
July 13th, 2011, 15:24
I'm not sure, but I recall reading somewhere that Temple Sacrifices cannot be altered for original DK1... is that true?

Yes.

The Orc
November 10th, 2013, 20:47
The gods are pleased with your sacrifice. THE GODS HAVE PUNISHED YOUR UNWORTHY OFFERING!

mefistotelis
November 14th, 2015, 22:33
I found an interesting code I didn't noticed before.. a sacrifice implemented separately from all others. I haven't tried if it works.

Anyway:
- sacrifice EXACTLY 4 gold piles
- sacrifice EXACTLY 4 imps
- after that, you will get 1 spider for every sacrificed chickens until you have 4 Spiders.

Note:
- the spider will come from entrance, not from temple water as other rewards
- it doesn't matter whether there are spiders in creature pool
- if any spiders have come to you from pool, they still count to the 4 spiders limit

YourMaster
November 14th, 2015, 23:05
I tried it, doesn't work. When you sacrifice a chicken you'll get punished by the gods and your chickens die, perhaps this conflicts with this Easter egg.

Ecarus
November 14th, 2015, 23:30
It doesnt work for me either. Also yourself mefisto said that we cant use a creature that is already used in a bad sacrifice for creating new sacrifices (dahell did i just said?)

EDIT:
Forget what i said hahaha. Im drunk and YourMaster already explained what i wanted to tell.

mefistotelis
November 14th, 2015, 23:41
Yeah, it might be not working.

Anyway looking at the code again, you get 1 spider every 16 chickens, not every chicken.
The related code is here:
https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx-stable/blob/master/src/thing_objects.c#L1251

YourMaster
November 14th, 2015, 23:58
It does work, cool easteregg! Really annoying to do so, because sacrificing chickens kills chickens so you don't have any more chickens to sacrifice,...
I got spiders in level one where I gave myself a temple.

I read the code though as it having a random level, but I had this problem (http://dilbert.com/strip/2001-10-25). Spiders appeared in order: Lvl3, 4, 5 and 6.

Edit: Second attempt other levels,... random it is.

Ecarus
November 15th, 2015, 00:31
Now it works. I have a question: in KFX can i create a sacrifice where for example if you sacrifice 5 Hornys it give you one avatar?

YourMaster
November 15th, 2015, 00:44
Sure, under [sacrifices] in rules.cfg.
I'd do it like this to get the ultimate representation of good:
MkGoodHero = AVATAR KNIGHT(noble) SAMURAI(honorable) GIANT(powerful) MONK(holy) WIZARD(wise)

Ecarus
November 15th, 2015, 02:40
I mean, sacrificing horny is a bad sacrifice, so i ask if the sacrifice i gave as an example will work properly.

YourMaster
November 15th, 2015, 09:40
Sacrificing horny is only a bad sacrifice because it is configured that way. If you remove the current horny recipe and replace it with another one it will work no problem. But no, conflicting recipes do not work as the ingredients used to make one recipe are used up before you can complete the other recipe.