PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Invasion

Mothrayas
December 28th, 2009, 18:59

"Beware, Keeper, for many Keepers have tried to conquer this land, but they have all failed. The Heroes in this land are not to be underestimated. You have only barely gotten in and they've already found you and are going to invade your dungeon. Prepare for a tough war."

This map combines the worst things about Mirthshire and Blaise End, and capitalizes on them. Lots of Heroes, with tunnelers digging to you from every side.

Not recommended for newbie keepers. This is a very hard map.

Feedback is appreciated.

23-11-10 EDIT: reuploaded level.

dragonfist
October 22nd, 2010, 09:15
I am sure I am not the only one, that doesn't know how to unpack *.rar files.

Metal Gear Rex
October 22nd, 2010, 09:26
I am sure I am not the only one, that doesn't know how to unpack *.rar files.

You get winrar. Easy by googling it.

Duke Ragereaver
October 25th, 2010, 18:51
As an alternative, you can download it here (http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk1_maps_lone.php?start=00442).

On-topic:
It's a nice map that kept me entertained. But sometimes I had this feeling the Tunneller parties did not work as intended, sometimes they would dig around the map before suddenly making a U-turn, litterly. But it did not affect gameplay significanly because the lack of gold forced me to go agressive to look and pick up some fights, so the Heroes had some entrance in my dungeon.

Mothrayas
November 23rd, 2010, 17:42
Heroic Invasion 2

"After your most impressive victory in Heroic Invasion, new Heroic forces have arrived in the war. These are known to be some of the most formidable forces in a wide radius, and they all set out to invade you, Keeper, once again. Prepare for an even bigger war than before."

Same premise, made even harder. Not recommended for those who haven't beaten Heroic Invasion yet or aren't good in general.

3d1n0
December 11th, 2012, 17:47
Heroic Invasion.zip doesnt work, i downloaded it and when i try to play it "you have been defeated" and the map is black.

Klinsk
May 13th, 2013, 12:25
Heroic Invasion.zip doesnt work, i downloaded it and when i try to play it "you have been defeated" and the map is black.

I have the same issue.

UnknownMaster21
October 11th, 2014, 18:07
You will get it working this way:

Open folder levels and find files, which are named map00401. Find a map00401, which is a LIF-file, open it with notepad, you will see a number and name of the map.

There is a wrong number, 442, change this to 401 and save and here you go!

Problem: Wrong mapnumber ( it should be 401, but it isn't, maybe a typo or something)

EDIT: Sorry for being late, but at least an answer is given. Found it today as I was planning to play it finally

Krizzie
October 12th, 2014, 15:01
The first one took me two tries to win.

The second one is indeed quite hard, haven't won it yet. But I will. :P

UnknownMaster21
October 12th, 2014, 15:33
I don't know, but the first one was too easy to be very hard, yes, it is hard, but not very hard in my opinion.

Have to check it out second one, if that one gives more challenge

Krizzie
October 12th, 2014, 19:47
Won the second one too, not that difficult if you can cut off the heroes.

Took a few tries to know where to dig, but ones that was done, it's a matter of training your creatures to level 10 and open up the map one part at a time.

0etelaer
April 25th, 2016, 23:57
Great map.
Hard, but no to hard.
Stable, it will not go tilt.

YourMaster
February 16th, 2017, 16:35
I played the first one (http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk1_maps_lone.php?start=00442), very nice. Question,... is it on purpose that you can't get into the little hero fortress with the gems, or the gems within the lava because you don't get a bridge?

Mothrayas
July 31st, 2017, 18:10
(Very belated response :))

Yes, there are reasons those parts of the map are laid out the way they are, and it's actually a spoiler for those who have not played the map.

They're teases :)

You get one wall of gem block more or less straight up (guarded by a Fairy). That's a nice, but slow source of income. Greedy/lazy keepers will try to go for the other gem blocks on the map, which show 2 walls (southwest, but inside a moated dungeon which makes it impractical to get much out of) and 4 walls (covered by lava so impossible to dig from entirely, and guarded by another Fairy). Then they'll learn the hard way that they have to manage economy the harder way, and in general be forced to play more aggressively.

Additionally, going for these areas means exposing yourself to Hero gates that you now cannot wall yourself out of, so you have to challenge the Hero parties coming from those straight on.