PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with sounds

DragonsLover
December 31st, 2009, 06:08
I have two problems.

First, I'd like a program that open, edit and save MPEG Layer 2 files (*.MP2). I have searched over the web, but I didn't find any good and free program to let me do so. Does someone here know a good one?

Second, I'm totally unable to play the "Maiden of the Nest" and "Jack-In-The-Box trap" sounds by using either MAStudio 2002 and Dragon Unpacker. Strangely, in MAStudio 2002, the program considers the files to be .WAV files where in Dragon Unpacker, they are .MP2 files. :confused: I tried extracting them by using both programs but nothing worked. They're like "broken", but it's not the case as we can hear them in-game. Is there a way to listen and extract them correctly?

Thanks! :)

Madkill
December 31st, 2009, 06:35
The 'level' .SDT files open in VLC.

When trying to do so with the 'Global' .sdt files "VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf""

That's right. I used VLC.

dotted
December 31st, 2009, 07:10
I have two problems.

First, I'd like a program that open, edit and save MPEG Layer 2 files (*.MP2). I have searched over the web, but I didn't find any good and free program to let me do so. Does someone here know a good one?

Second, I'm totally unable to play the "Maiden of the Nest" and "Jack-In-The-Box trap" sounds by using either MAStudio 2002 and Dragon Unpacker. Strangely, in MAStudio 2002, the program considers the files to be .WAV files where in Dragon Unpacker, they are .MP2 files. :confused: I tried extracting them by using both programs but nothing worked. They're like "broken", but it's not the case as we can hear them in-game. Is there a way to listen and extract them correctly?

Thanks! :)
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/beta_windows

DragonsLover
January 1st, 2010, 09:23
Unfortunately, I wanna open "MaidenHD.std", "JackinBoxHD.std" and "TrapsHD.std" files that are all situated into the "Global" folder.

Strangely, I also noticed that some .MP2 files inside some .STD files seem to be broken as well. How to repair them?

And Dotted, I already knew about AudaCity. I have that program already. It can open .MP2 files, but it cannot export them back into the same format...

dotted
January 1st, 2010, 14:09
Mine can, which is why i suggested it

DragonsLover
January 2nd, 2010, 22:21
Okay, I didn't see it has been improved. I downloaded the new version and you're right, it accepts opening/saving .MP2 files. Thanks for that! :)

Now, only the "broken" sound files are a problem. I'm trying to correct them. By the way, do you have an idea on what tells the game which sounds should loop and which sounds shouldn't?

Thanks!

dotted
January 2nd, 2010, 22:33
By the way, do you have an idea on what tells the game which sounds should loop and which sounds shouldn't?
I would assume thats defines when they are used. But i don't know.