PDA

View Full Version : Releases and news

mefistotelis
December 31st, 2009, 14:42
Version 0.34 is out, as a patch for v0.33.

It contains one new campaign!

Next version (0.35) is planned within a month (in January 2010).
Happy new year!

Hapuga
December 31st, 2009, 16:10
Happy NY to you too!

mefistotelis
January 21st, 2010, 19:28
I just finished updating KeeperFX project structure.
It's now very easy to recompile it - you only need MinGW (http://www.mingw.org/) to do this.

The latest source code is now available via SVN - see keeper.lubie.org for details.

mefistotelis
February 15th, 2010, 21:24
New version is out.

It's quite large - but that because it contains 9 unofficial campaigns.

natchoguy
February 15th, 2010, 22:35
is it with the undead campaign?

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2010, 22:37
is it with the undead campaign?

Why not check it yourself instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you.

dotted
February 16th, 2010, 00:25
New version is out.

It's quite large - but that because it contains 9 unofficial campaigns.

http://webseed.keeperklan.com/keeperfx/ mirrored

Krizzie
February 16th, 2010, 09:35
If I just copy paste this over 0.34 does it keep my saved games?

A New Room
February 16th, 2010, 11:28
If I just copy paste this over 0.34 does it keep my saved games?

Yes. There are no default saves that come with FX so it should, though I would make a back up just in case :)

mefistotelis
March 7th, 2010, 20:49
Patch to v0.36 is out.

It fixes the AI problems found in v0.35, and introduces completely new saved game file format.

Note that OLD SAVES WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE.
(If you don't want to start a campaign from beginning, you'll have to use cheats)
((No, I won't tell you how to use cheats - ask someone else.))
The save can now properly store messages from QUICK_* script commands.

Also, BONUS_LEVEL_TIME command will now work on any map.
This version should be also more stable - I fixed a few creature state issues.

Duke Ragereaver
March 8th, 2010, 09:02
Mefistotelis, maybe you could make a thread where people can report their bugs, it would be better than creating threads for minor game errors. Anyway, I've got some things to report.

Is it possible to fix the ATTACK_ROOMS parameter for parties? It does work fine actually, except for the part that they can vandalize PORTALS aswel (it's some sight to see that). :confused:

Similair to the AI in DD, the Computer AI can build traps ''illegaly'', with having dozens of traps on a single tile.

Not really a bug report but does the ''COMPUTER_SELL_TRAPS_AND_DOORS'' Global actually work?

CargoOfDarkness
March 8th, 2010, 12:00
Nice - but I thought you made it that you can have more than 50 multiplayer maps on the atlas?!? :confused:
Could you please re-upload it with more maps visible?

Krizzie
March 8th, 2010, 12:05
Nice - but I thought you made it that you can have more than 50 multiplayer maps on the atlas?!? :confused:
Could you please re-upload it with more maps visible?

I'd rather see a list like the DD levels. Maybe with (x) infront of them to see for how many players the map is.
A map preview would be nice aswell, but I guess that's a little too much work to implent. :P

mefistotelis
March 8th, 2010, 20:07

Err.. are you saying that the problem isn't fixed?
I remember checking it... will check again.

I'd rather see a list like the DD levels. Maybe with (x) infront of them to see for how many players the map is.

Is it really so important how the maps are shown?

I think having two different multiplayer menus would be confusing. Also, how do you imagine 2 players selecting their maps from a list!?

Let's leave simple lists for "free play" maps.

Krizzie
March 8th, 2010, 21:55
When someone creates a game he/she chooses the map from the list? It works like that in all other online games.

If you get custom Multiplayer maps you would get 100 flags on the map, how is that any better?

kyle
March 8th, 2010, 22:59
Can I ask (Slap me if this already exists and I am being an idiot) is there a changelog of the versions, I am writting a wiki article for KeeperFX and i would like to include that along with it.

EDIT: You know what, don't listen to me I am a fucking spaz, it's in the readme.

Edit from DragonsLover: Thanks to edit your post instead of double posting for next time.

mefistotelis
March 9th, 2010, 20:33
When someone creates a game he/she chooses the map from the list? It works like that in all other online games.

If you get custom Multiplayer maps you would get 100 flags on the map, how is that any better?

Just try DK online.

If you ever tried it, you would know that the selection system in DK is way better than in other games. All players are choosing the map together, and thay can even slap each other.

Mefistotelis, maybe you could make a thread where people can report their bugs, it would be better than creating threads for minor game errors.
I prefer to have several threads for bugs.

Is it possible to fix the ATTACK_ROOMS parameter for parties? It does work fine actually, except for the part that they can vandalize PORTALS aswel (it's some sight to see that).
I will remember to fix that when I'm able.

Similair to the AI in DD, the Computer AI can build traps ''illegaly'', with having dozens of traps on a single tile.

It's currently quite hard to fix... we'll see.

Not really a bug report but does the ''COMPUTER_SELL_TRAPS_AND_DOORS'' Global actually work?

Only in DD, not in KeeperFX (yet).

Krizzie
March 9th, 2010, 20:55
I played tons of LAN games with DK, I know the system, for 15 maps its cool. but for 100 maps you wouldn't know which level you were playing. Since there are extra maps being made it would be crowded quite fast. Or are you planning on multiple islands like the Campaigns?

Metal Gear Rex
March 9th, 2010, 22:28
I played tons of LAN games with DK, I know the system, for 15 maps its cool. but for 100 maps you wouldn't know which level you were playing. Since there are extra maps being made it would be crowded quite fast. Or are you planning on multiple islands like the Campaigns?

Oh and remember the maps have labels, and you choose where their location is on the map too. In fact, if you wanted you could line them up in rows and coloums like they would be in a list.

Babax
April 4th, 2010, 21:17

Any new version planned :P ?

mefistotelis
April 5th, 2010, 12:52
I'm not planning any release soon; most recent changes are always visible in Google Code page:
https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/updates/list

awsdert
May 19th, 2010, 10:08
Is it possible for you to impliment support for the models being used by NBK, Open dungeons and so on by having those sets in sub folders of whatever directory the originals are in and having an option in the keeperfx.cfg like this:
; Valid values for CREATURES - DEFAULT or NBK or OPENDUNGEON
CREATURES=DEFAULT
And of course they would be a seperate download altogether such as:
keeperfx_0-0.zip
keeperfx_pack_map_all.zip
keeperfx_pack_ctr_all.zip
obviously making sure that for specific maps / creature sets all is replaced with map / creature set name. also doing it this way should allow for a smaller main download. and one last thing if you do it like this then could you also make a detection feature for the campaign to auto load the first one if there is only one in the list.

edit: just had another idea, can you impliment support for the joypad e.g.:
X/Y Axis & D-Pad move cursor / possed creature
Z Rotation & L1 & R1 rotate view / turn left or right
Z Axis & L2 & R2 zoom in or out / look up or down with possed creature
Select open or close map
Start pause or unpause
X place building / trap / door / spell
Square pick up creature / gold / special (auto-use)
O drop creature / gold
Triangle open or close options menu
L3 slow down game
R3 speed up game

mefistotelis
May 19th, 2010, 17:02
Is it possible for you to impliment support for the models being used by NBK, Open dungeons and so on
I'm not planning anything like this. KeeperFX will have its own creature data format.

they would be a seperate download
I want KeeperFX to be simple - download, unpack, play. No separate downloads.
I'm sometimes publishing patches, but that's only because my internet connection is slow.

could you also make a detection feature for the campaign to auto load the first one if there is only one in the list.
You never played KeeperFX, do you?

can you impliment support for the joypad
That's task for someone who uses joypad. I'm not.

awsdert
May 19th, 2010, 17:15
I'm not planning anything like this. KeeperFX will have its own creature data format.

I want KeeperFX to be simple - download, unpack, play. No separate downloads.
I'm sometimes publishing patches, but that's only because my internet connection is slow.

You never played KeeperFX, do you?

That's task for someone who uses joypad. I'm not.
Well 1: Is their someone willing to try making a converter (I really like the NBK models), 2: I do play KeeperFX but I remove some of the campaigns because I just dont want them, 3: I'd like to try implimenting the joypad but I've only recently begun learning c/c++ so I'm not even sure I can actually do it, let alone submit it for the project.
Oh I might as well add my appreciation that you take the time to improve Dungeon Keeper like this, it really helps slow things down on a super fast system that can even handle PCSX2 at 100fps normally.

Edit: Okay, my attempt to multi-quote failed, someone mind telling me how I'm supposed to do that.

dotted
May 19th, 2010, 17:42
Edit: Okay, my attempt to multi-quote failed, someone mind telling me how I'm supposed to do that.
Manually

Metal Gear Rex
May 19th, 2010, 17:45

Well...
[.QUOTE] Pretty simple since if you quoted you should have figured it out by common sense. Just replace the "." with a "/". To make it say "Originally Posted By..." put down an "=" afterwords, to make it look like [QUOTE=Example]. Get it? No? Read it again.

[QUOTE=awsdert;20545]2: I do play KeeperFX but I remove some of the campaigns because I just dont want them

All that does is make a smaller list and also pretty much gives you less maps to play. They're in order either by Alphabet... or in the order the files are in inside the campaign folder. (Usually that's in by Alphabet, I'll have to check again to be sure which one it is for sure)

That means that as long as you know your letters, it shouldn't really be a problem. And you want it to automatically go to the campaign when you select New Game if there is only one, correct?

Well there are alot of campaigns, so the odds that you only want one isn't likely when thinking in practical terms of everyone. To delete them you must remove them from the folder, which is rather pointless since you may want to try them out again, meaning you'll have to redownload them or copy them over again.

And if you're willing to do that, then why aren't you willing to go through one more menu? It is a very simple task. To do this, all you have to do is move the mouse to highlight the campaign you wish to play then click the left mouse button.

It is that simple, far easier than it is for Mefisto to create a feature which will rarely be used that provides extremely little use.

Well 1: Is their someone willing to try making a converter (I really like the NBK models)

As do I, Bluto is a great modeller. However, if it was that simple... then how come NBKE was never finished? DK1 uses very well made and detailed 2D sprites. Changing the sprites with other sprites, while difficult and is not available in the current version of FX, is far more simple than exchanging sprites to models, I'm sure.

3: I'd like to try implimenting the joypad but I've only recently begun learning c/c++ so I'm not even sure I can actually do it, let alone submit it for the project.

It would be cool but Mefisto has more important buisness to take care of.

Actually, a joypad might be more difficult. It would be troublesome to switch back and fourth between the mouse and the joypad in which you use two hands for.

Why would you need to switch these out? Well with the Joypad you can only move the Hand of Evil so fast without it being annoying and out of control. It would be especially troubling in battles. Therefore a mouse would be more convineint. (Or a DS Screen)

And if it is too slow, then in battle it will also become frustrating for the more cautious players like myself who are capable of saving every last creature yet fail miserably due to the limits set by the slow control of the Hand of Evil.

Oh I might as well add my appreciation that you take the time to improve Dungeon Keeper like this, it really helps slow things down on a super fast system that can even handle PCSX2 at 100fps normally.

Cool. :)

Manually

Uhh... I doubt he knows how to do so if he didn't figure it out in the first place (Or he missed it or something)

Mothrayas
May 19th, 2010, 17:46
2: I do play KeeperFX but I remove some of the campaigns because I just dont want them,

You do realize that it would be easier for everyone to just not play them if you don't like some of the campaigns instead of removing them and asking Mef to program things that could also be done in game by clicking the left mouse button and waiting a few seconds, right?

mefistotelis
May 19th, 2010, 18:24
Err...

I asked if he ever played KeeperFX because the feature he mentioned is already implemented.

In fact, it is like this from the beginning of KeeperFX CCP project:
one campaign = no menu.

Implementing joypad:
If you'd like to try, you can download current source code from SVN server any time you want.

Metal Gear Rex
May 19th, 2010, 18:43
Err...

I asked if he ever played KeeperFX because the feature he mentioned is already implemented.

In fact, it is like this from the beginning of KeeperFX CCP project:
one campaign = no menu.

Oh I see... :o

Needless to say, I don't delete campaigns so I didn't know. >_>

awsdert
May 19th, 2010, 19:39
1: The quoting thing - I was aware about manual part ut I thought the quote or multi-quote buttons were supposed to do that automatically which is why I was confused.
2: I never did get around to deleting all but the main campaign so I never noticed, sorry about that.
3: Only reason I delete the other campaigns mainly is because I can't be arsed to go down the list just to find the main campaign of the original game (only really want original and deeper dungeons)
4: What I meant with the converter is getting it to take snapshots of the different angles of the 3d sprites and save as the images in the 2d sprites.
5: I'm aware there are limits to the joypad (which by the way has a -127 to 127 value on it's joysticks which can be used to adapt the speed of how fast it moves the cursor). Also while a mouse is easier it does get rather uncomfortable after a while which is why need a alternitive means of input to switch to for a while). Plus I just prefer a joypad whenever possible.

DragonsLover
May 20th, 2010, 01:29
I can understand awsdert a bit. Having multiple campaigns is good, but for all those that wanna play the original Dungeon Keeper ONLY, I guess it would be a nice idea that the other "unofficial" campaigns aren't included with KeeperFX by default. I guess it would be better to leave the decisions to the players. Of course, we can leave the campaigns there so that players could ignore them, but the additional campaigns cost in disk space (perhaps not a lot, but still). My suggestion would be to leave the additional campaigns for downloads so that players could make their choices. Also, another good thing about that: KeeperFX would be faster to download without those campaigns.
Yeah, the campaigns list would be a bit empty, but it would be reserved for downloadable campaigns. What do you think about that? It sounds a good idea for me.

And I don't think it would be that complicated... Otherwise, it doesn't disturb me to make a Lite version of KeeperFX.

awsdert
May 20th, 2010, 08:20
That sounds about right, I mean could always start a forum section for campaigns and let the uploaders just follow a format for the threads they create e.g.
Thread Title: Campaigne
1st Post:
Download
Description
Then users can report errors and improvements on those threads whilst providing someone assigned to the task a place to gather all campaignes into a single zip file which would have it's own sticky like "Download all Campaigns" with:
Download
List of Campaigns included (Linked to appropriate threads)
Users can then post about campaigns missed.

Edit: Just thought to myself it's a pity KeeperFX is still on 16bit colour, is it possible for it to be updated to the more common 32bit colour?

natchoguy
May 21st, 2010, 02:38
The edited part is interesting

mefistotelis
June 6th, 2010, 19:55
Different colour modes will be available in SDL version; it should be released in less than a month.

Next version of KeeperFX CCP will be released tomorrow. It contains all campaigns which were originally planned in CCP project - DK + DD + 15 unofficial campaigns.

dotted
June 6th, 2010, 19:56
Awesome news, looking forward to tomorrow!

mefistotelis
June 7th, 2010, 19:18
It's out!

Version: 0.37
Rewritten computer tasks list
Added palette stealing protection to video driver
Rewritten some of creature fighting code
Rewritten enemy seeking code for heroes
Fixed green volume box height in clueo (low walls) mode
Rewritten gold stealing code
Remade some creature spells code
Remade some of imps AI code
Remade and fixed some of Ariadne pathfinding system
Campaign list is now sorted
Imp tasks selection rewritten
Creature sprite indexes are now in .CFG files
Campaigns can now have their own creature config files

kyle
June 7th, 2010, 19:34
Your a god, mefistotelis.

A New Room
June 7th, 2010, 21:53
More KeeperFX is always a good thing! :D

Lasharus
June 9th, 2010, 14:32
Whoohoo!

A quick question before I download it though - are my old save files (from 0.36) still compatible or should I just toss 'em out? :P

Also: Have the creature cfg files been updated accordingly per campaign already? I'm still itching to try one or two of the more unplayable ones :P

mefistotelis
June 9th, 2010, 21:37
Saved games from 0.36 will work.

Campaigns with own creature settings:

Ancient Keeper campaign
DzjeeAr's 6-level campaign
Quest for the Hero

The creature CFG files are still missing for:

Lord Vexer campaign
DzjeeAr's 10-level campaign

If someone wants to make them - go ahead.

Note that spells and traps can't be customized per campaign yet - only creature parameters.

Lasharus
June 10th, 2010, 01:29
I've been playing it a bit so far, and I"ve noticed a few oddities.

For one: On the Quest for the Hero campaign, when starting, for some reason all creatures are replaced by immobile hell hounds stuck in running animation. It tells me I have imps, but they look like hell hounds and do nothing.

Second: Gem veins seem bugged. I've played a bit in the Good Campaign, and when digging gold away from around gem veins, they... well, bug out. The block turned into nine mini-tiles of random type, and became unminable :S

Should I try running it in debug mode and send in a report? I'm pretty certain it's not supposed to happen :P

Killian
June 10th, 2010, 02:27
Second: Gem veins seem bugged. I've played a bit in the Good Campaign, and when digging gold away from around gem veins, they... well, bug out. The block turned into nine mini-tiles of random type, and became unminable :S

I noticed that too. And when you get sick of hearing that your treasure room is too small every 10 seconds and decide to deselect the tile, you become unable to select it again. I don't mind too much though, I'm just passing it as another strategic element. :p

mefistotelis
June 10th, 2010, 17:47
All creatures are hellhounds:

Looks like I released the new per-campaign creature config too early...
Will have to make a patch. As a temporary workaround, you may just disable the per-campaign creature config by commenting out the line "CREATURES_LOCATION" in questfth.cfg and other campaign files which use their own creature parameters, ie:

;CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/questfth_crtr

Transforming gems:

LOG file is not enough to locate the problem. You will have to record a packet file - with this file I can locate it and fix.

To create packet file while playing, you must run the game like:

keeperfx -nointro -packetsave gemsbug1.pck -level 19
Note that this command will start level 19 of original campaign. To start a level from different campaign, you will have to copy the level files (MAPxxxxx.xxx) for your level into keeperfx/levels folder.

You can later view the replay like this:

keeperfx -nointro -packetload gemsbug1.pck
When watching it, you may make everything faster by ctrl-+ (from numpad). You may also start controlling the game (take over control) in any moment by pressing alt+t.

Well, post me the gemsbug1.pck packet file where the problem occurs and I'll fix it.

mefistotelis
June 11th, 2010, 23:24
I just located the gems problem - it wasn't hard to notice it.

Here's my packet file if anyone's interested:

http://keeper.lubie.org/dk1_wip/gemsbug1.7z

Lasharus
June 12th, 2010, 14:56
Hah, good thing I checked back up on this thread before running your solution test.

(Would've done earlier, but I've had a rather busy week).

Thanks for the update :D

mefistotelis
June 12th, 2010, 22:49
I just published a patch which fixes the reported bugs.

Version: 0.37a
Fixed gems appearance bug
Fixed selling bug
Fixed per-campaign creatures config bug

EDIT:
Another patch is out:

Version: 0.37b
Fixed crash on freeing swipe sprites at end of mission
Fixed SEEK_THE_ENEMY job (Hellhound)
Fixed crash when zooming in isometric (non rotable) view
Fixed Imps aimless walking around bug
Fixed invalid celebration sprite bug
Video modes in config file are no longer pre-defined

mefistotelis
July 27th, 2010, 21:47
Just published the next patch:

Version: 0.37c
Fixed dungeon heart blinking if under mouse
It is now easier to target a creature for pick up
Fixed disappearing in-game speeches
Computer player config is reloaded on saved game loading
Fixed possible hang when computer player moves creatures
Added new creature property, "NEVER_CHICKENS"
Rewritten more of pathfinding
Rewritten creature training code
Renamed and rescaled "PartnerTraining" (was "RealTraining")
Fixed linked list storing creatures who work in a room
Updated room selling code

The version which uses SDL will be delayed - I still need at least a month.

Metal Gear Rex
July 27th, 2010, 23:44
Wow, never has there been a "Patch C", huh? Just one question, about the "Partner Training". What did it do before and what did you change it to? (As I've never understood that as it never seemed to do anything besides making the creature "Attack" other creatures in the Training Room)

DragonsLover
July 28th, 2010, 07:24
Awesome! Great work, Mefisto! :)

Added new creature property, "NEVER_CHICKENS"

Do you think you could do the same with Disease?

And by the way, what's the difference between Creature.cfg file from 0.37b and Creature.cfg file from 0.37c? I just checked and both files are similar... :confused:

mefistotelis
July 28th, 2010, 15:34
about the "Partner Training". What did it do before and what did you change it to? (As I've never understood that as it never seemed to do anything besides making the creature "Attack" other creatures in the Training Room)
Yes, that's what it does. Some explanation is in IMP.CFG.

Do you think you could do the same with Disease?
Sooner or later...

And by the way, what's the difference between Creature.cfg file from 0.37b and Creature.cfg file from 0.37c? I just checked and both files are similar... :confused:
A patch contains all files which changed since full version, so it is possible that this file didn't changed since previous patch. The best tool to compare files is 'diff'. The easiest way to get it under Windows (on Linux it is standard) is to install MinGW.

mefistotelis
December 28th, 2010, 17:28
Release of v0.38 is coming - probably in early January 2011.

jomalin
December 30th, 2010, 00:26
Good! Lot of improvements/bugs fixed?

Pizu_Meaku
January 2nd, 2011, 18:02
Good! Lot of improvements/bugs fixed?
No, Mefisto decided it was time for a change. He implented alot of bugs glitches for us to find and enjoy. For every one that you find you get a stamp. Every 10 stamps is worth a 10 dollars on Ebay.

A New Room
January 2nd, 2011, 18:41
No, Mefisto decided it was time for a change. He implented alot of bugs glitches for us to find and enjoy. For every one that you find you get a stamp. Every 10 stamps is worth a 10 dollars on Ebay.
That was the old reward system, now you just get smug satisfaction.

mefistotelis
January 7th, 2011, 18:11
Err... right.

Anyway, version 0.38a is out. It is released as 'complete' version, not as a patch.

Chr!x
February 13th, 2011, 19:33
KeeperFX 0.38b just release :) Thanks 4 all

dotted
February 26th, 2011, 17:57
Patch 0.38c is out: http://www.keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=74

mefistotelis
April 2nd, 2011, 19:57
Here's a latest experimental patch:
http://keeperfx.keeperklan.com/keeperfx_ccp_0_39_prerelease_dbg_patch.7z

I need information if these elements are working properly:
- players which have creatures but no dungeon (no computer_player command and are not human players)
- digging for gold (is computer player correctly selecting segments for digging, for veins near his dungeon, and distant veins)
- storing gold by imps (are imps able to properly dig and transport the gold)

Skyman
April 3rd, 2011, 17:46
How do you install this?

Are there patch notes?? :)

thanks

Ogre
April 4th, 2011, 10:41
Just extract it onto your keeperFX folder and overwrite the files.

Skyman
April 4th, 2011, 12:03
Some files did not overwrite. This is why I asked the question :)

GoJoe
April 17th, 2011, 21:48
The new gold digging routine doesn't seem to work. In all campain levels computer players never dig for gold with the new .exe.

MfG Jörg

mefistotelis
May 5th, 2011, 20:03
Version 0.39 should be out in a few hours. It should have gold digging fixed.

Skyman
May 6th, 2011, 08:57
Awesome man! :)

dotted
May 6th, 2011, 09:53
Added to downloads http://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=82

MaxHayman
May 6th, 2011, 20:22
Nice :D

Micha
May 7th, 2011, 16:12
Thank you for version 0.39.

mefistotelis
May 30th, 2011, 19:53
Version: 0.39a
Updated compound eye effect for high resolution
Fixed the problem with Dungeon Heart background sound
Updated reading keyboard in front view, also named some constants
Fixed creature death kind "ice explosion" when creature is frozen
Fixed shadows and lights affecting things
Fixed distance computing required for certain shots to hit target
Fixed imps to continue their jobs after they finish a part of it

DragonsLover
May 31st, 2011, 04:08
Awesome! :cool:

mefistotelis
June 18th, 2011, 18:59
Version: 0.40
Prepared game launcher with installation function
Updated some internal mechanisms, ie. columns finding
Made small revolution in the zooming system
Rewritten the green/red cube (map volume box) drawing
Fixed engine window center to be on screen center
Introduced new config file - creature states config
Improved room efficiency calculation
Rewritten a few more routines related to workshop
Fixed the sound emitter cleanup code
Rewritten revealing map due to torture

EDIT:
There's a ceiling problem when using possession in high resolutions; I'm already on it so you don't have to report it.

Sam T
July 29th, 2011, 15:28
New to the forum. Didn't know this even existed until now. Definitely downloading :)

mefistotelis
August 21st, 2011, 19:28
New version will be out in first half of September.

Should be even more stable, and will probably contain some new campaigns.

DragonsLover
August 21st, 2011, 23:34
And if I'm quick enough, the new version of my unofficial patch will be included as well, but I'd have to check some things and confirm the stuff with Mefisto before. :)

natchoguy
September 23rd, 2011, 01:07
I was just wondering- is it possible to add a automatic updater? It would be convenient but if it's too hard to make I'll understand

DragonsLover
September 23rd, 2011, 21:35
You can already with SVN, but it's not automatic.

mefistotelis
October 29th, 2011, 09:48
It seems the release will be delayed a few months. Can't tell how much.

Will do a release, with some new campaign, as soon as I'm able. But I can't tell if it will be this year.

Георгий Платонов
January 28th, 2012, 22:22
project alive ?

Mothrayas
January 28th, 2012, 22:59
project alive ?

Yes.

jomalin
July 9th, 2012, 23:11
It seems the release will be delayed a few months. Can't tell how much.

Will do a release, with some new campaign, as soon as I'm able. But I can't tell if it will be this year.

Looks like you have come back to work, lot of KeeperFX source code changes!

friscmanseby
January 1st, 2013, 18:33
What's the number of last version? I'm using the 0.40. Are there newer version?

mefistotelis
January 2nd, 2013, 00:53
The latest version you can get from me is in nightly builds. They do not work for some time now, as I moved to a new server and am waiting for the admin to configure it properly.

Anyway, I'm back for now.
I can't spend as much time as before on it, but everything is moving forward.

About a 0.41 release - I'd prefer to wait for working nightly builds. I'm sure there are some new bugs, but as there is no nightly release, noone is testing the code.

Stanislas Dolcini
January 2nd, 2013, 02:46
Well I am but not testing for hours the game. I got the nightlybuilds from the r618 to the r626 compiled versions.
I can post them somewhere

mefistotelis
January 2nd, 2013, 02:57
You should. It's always better if more people can playtest it.
Thanks!

Stanislas Dolcini
January 2nd, 2013, 13:00
How can I upload them ?

mefistotelis
January 27th, 2013, 13:17
The v0.41 is finally out!

http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

Stanislas Dolcini
January 27th, 2013, 14:06
So there is no need to upload the 630-660 nighly builds anymore ?

mefistotelis
January 27th, 2013, 15:39
So there is no need to upload the 630-660 nighly builds anymore ?

Correct.
The release is based on r668.

Георгий Платонов
January 27th, 2013, 17:02
on build 668 slap creature not work permanently
test system w7pro64 / download link http://keeperfx.keeperklan.com/keeperfx_ccp_0_41_complete.7z /

ancient keeper company
and
ninja company
save https://dl.dropbox.com/u/422465/save.7z

Hades
January 27th, 2013, 17:41
Several problems:

1. Vampires constantly cast wind, making it near impossible to play the game in some instances.
2. In the campaign, "conquest of the arctic", level 3 leaves you only able to attract wizards and not :samurai: or :archer:, despite them being in the creature pool.
3. Related to the 2nd, the Full moon level is unplayable, because you cannot access the hero dungeon heart without a Destroy Walls spell, and you do not have a library.
ETA:
4. They don't resurrect anymore

Babax
March 8th, 2013, 16:43
Posting just to say that it`s good news to see the Keeper FX is rapidly moving in the right direction, so i`m also on board !
Will do some testing and report :P

YourMaster
March 17th, 2013, 16:53
I occasionally still play Dungeon Keeper, and although KeeperFX is my version of choice, I run in to far more issues than I did with DK on win98. I'm gonna start reporting some bugs when I run into them.

Today I was playing level 76, didn't save for quite some time, when I was suddenly thrown out of the game. Unexpected Error. Didn't save in quite some time.
I believe it happened right when I cast possess on a level 4 :dragon:, diseased, that was near the enemy hart.
The log file (https://mega.co.nz/#!KN51yDIT!V02wvTHgQMXZmEKPVVYnqh8a1mYyGsL5xTjgX2T QUkQ).
Was running r721.

YourMaster
March 20th, 2013, 14:45
Played another KeeperFX game. I broke down a door with my warlock, and accidentally killed some of my imps with meteor in the process. I had imprison set to 'on'.
After that, I had a few imps that wanted to go to sleep, could not be picked up and could not be targeted by spells.
I saved the game - when loading directly under the hand you'll find the imps.

After beating the game I tried to load the save to see if the bug was still there, which crashed my game. When I started KeeperFX again, I could load the save.
Download the save game here (https://mega.co.nz/#!bVwCnKLJ!cfp0YkibpNgGZx_bBQW7_myY2Mw4XGSWHS9LWkm tTGs).

YourMaster
March 20th, 2013, 16:19
One more game. Suddenly could not heal or pick up a creature being tortured.
Savegame and log here (https://mega.co.nz/#!PIRAhZaJ!Fd7VgkdS0BCYR4l0i_6OL1DZFcVcN9yr5HWaqvK ADSo).

Edit:
Played a game again, was placing some treasure rooms late game when the game completely froze. Had to use task manager to kill it.
Log file here (https://mega.co.nz/#!7VQUGTbJ!UVelBkzf84GG0pJoNM7x7gurmT9mD15SxHWg-3yE4kA). Nothing was going on, had some very big rooms and a large scavenging, but no battles took place.

Demon1986
May 23rd, 2013, 15:47
i also had a few hitches, with the latest nightly build (721) my old saves from 0.41.668 would not load, or even crash to desktop. i started new campaign in order to check if conquest of the arctic lvl 2 would work, im going through lvl1 as i write this, but i noticed when i scavenged alot of unclaimed creatures, in my case a whole bunch of samurais's and archers, it would make the game insanely slow. i opened the heavylog, so you could get a decent log info. also some creatures dont pick the closest hatchery, in my case i build a hatchery just south of the scavenger room, to make it faster for them to eat while scavenging, i noticed some creatures still going all the way to the old blue dungeon (wich you take over)

Savegame: Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ib61yf)

Log errors:

Error: thing_is_valid_scavenge_target: Tried to get non-existing player 5!
Sync: select_scavenger_target: The creature SAMURAI is valid target for creature SAMURAI
Sync: process_scavenge_creature_from_level: Player 5 prayers are blocking player 0 scavenging of creature SAMURAI
Sync: process_scavenge_function: Starting creature SAMURAI
Sync: select_scavenger_target: The creature SAMURAI is valid target for creature SAMURAI

Complete Log: Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/wdndf3)

p.s when will the next build be?

mefistotelis
May 29th, 2013, 23:12
I updated scavenging so it won't spam the log so much.

Let me know if the problem isn't solved in nightly build r725.

Demon1986
June 6th, 2013, 19:12
yeah, it did stop the lagging, and sort of fixed the scavenging all together, although sometimes it scavenges a flock of creatures, instead of just 1 at a time.

imps seems to lose their speed too fast when digging, sometimes they seem too lazy to use the spell, like dragging a creature, and a few seconds later, they turn speed on.

Conquest of the Arctic campaign, at least for level 2 (idk afterwards, i havent been that far) the samurais doesnt seem to wanna come up from the portal, even though the script say they should, when the lair is built, only wizards and archers come.

edit: seems theres still some limit of how many sprites can be per game, like its limited to the old 16mb, this should be increased, so that things doesnt bug, like dropping gold, training and stuff, at least it doesnt crash like with vanilla dk but its still quite annoying to look at, missing effects etc.

tested using: KeeperFX r729 patch, dated 2013.06.05 02:10:01

mefistotelis
June 17th, 2013, 01:49
Version 0.42 is out.

DragonsLover
June 17th, 2013, 13:48
So nice! Thanks a lot! :D By the way, an interrogation: in order to correctly use the latest version released, do you really have to use a subversionning software along with the latest release of KeeperFX or taking them in the nighty builds page on your site is sufficient?

mefistotelis
June 17th, 2013, 17:58
Some data files in "Complete version" changed since 0.41 - fox example:
- A few DAT/TAB files are now generated from PNG images, so they're different than those from 0.41
- Some files were moved to different location
- Launcher was updated
The "nightly builds" do not include launcher or data files, so the can't be used to update KeeperFX from 0.41 to 0.42.

The SVN (subversion) repository is used only for storing text files - source code, tools source code, level scripts, campaign files, config files.
This is why "nightly builds" do not include all of the files from complete version.

DragonsLover
June 17th, 2013, 21:07
I know that. We have to download the latest version of KeeperFX THEN use nighty builds above it. Right?

mefistotelis
June 17th, 2013, 21:26
We have to download the latest version of KeeperFX THEN use nighty builds above it. Right?

Yes, that's right.

vaniyaana
July 18th, 2013, 07:18
very nice post like this forum

veroba
July 18th, 2013, 08:50
wait a sec, so ive just been getting the latest nightly builds when they come out, is that all i have to update or do i need to update other things too? also where would i check my current versions

mefistotelis
July 18th, 2013, 14:56
wait a sec, so ive just been getting the latest nightly builds when they come out, is that all i have to update or do i need to update other things too?

To use nightly builds marked "keeperfx_ccp-0_4_2_*-patch" you need to download full v0.42 (keeperfx_ccp_0_42_complete).

When the patch will start to look like "keeperfx_ccp-0_4_3_*-patch", it will be applyable on full version 0.43 (so version 0.42 won't be enough anymore).

also where would i check my current versions

Try "properties" of keeperfx.exe.

veroba
July 18th, 2013, 20:38
To use nightly builds marked "keeperfx_ccp-0_4_2_*-patch" you need to download full v0.42 (keeperfx_ccp_0_42_complete).

When the patch will start to look like "keeperfx_ccp-0_4_3_*-patch", it will be applyable on full version 0.43 (so version 0.42 won't be enough anymore).

Try "properties" of keeperfx.exe.

Says product version 0.4.1.721, does that mean anything to you? oops forgot to turn caps off lol

EDIT from DragonsLover: That doesn't prevent you to edit your post and correct it...

mefistotelis
July 19th, 2013, 07:49
SAYS PRODUCT VERSION 0.4.1.721

Then your version is of 0.4.1. You may only use nightly builds up to 739, to get newer ones you should download new "complete version".

dayokay
July 19th, 2013, 12:33
Go here to get it:

http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php

click nightly builds on the left hand menu to stay right up to date

Dayo

mefistotelis
October 21st, 2013, 20:30
New release is out.

Version: 0.43
Rewritten some of creature tunneling code and position computation when tunneling.
Rewritten some of heroes attacking rooms and dropping gold code.
Rewritten moving creatures in workshop.
Rewritten the function which controls sending creatures to rooms, moved options to config files.
Rewritten the function which controls creature behaviour while it's idle.
Rewritten waiting for combat (random jumps) code.
Rewritten the function which creates Action Points.
Added spaces to Japanese translation.
Updated the function which defines game keys to accept ALT modifier.
Rewritten "define keys" screen.
Rewritten drawing the creatures list in Transfer Creature special.
Fixed a possible crash while drawing a sprite with very large scale.
Rewritten the function which controls revealing terrain by a creature.
Updated power hand pickability code. Added function which checks if a creature is dying.
Fixed problem with floating spirit spell being inactive and controlling floating spirit.
Rewritten some functions related to computer player tasks.
Rewritten some of creature manufacture task code.
Rewritten creating a creature at dungeon heart.
Allowed turning alliances on and off.
Rewritten selecting imps for pickup by computer player.
Rewritten selecting creatures for defensive drop by computer player.
Upgraded the code used for killing creatures. Created cases when not adding to resurrect list.
Rewritten a bit more of computer checks code; fixed a coding mistake which caused a crash.
Improved damage projection. Also, made better Dexterity and Defence explanation in config files.
Rewritten some of keeper sprites loading and handling code.
Fixed tunneller being unwilling to attack sometimes.
Fixed the problem with fairies being stucked in the ceiling. They will now lower the flight.
Replaced binary cubes config file with text one.
Modified some config files to make the game more similar to original DK.
Introduced per-campaign config files for Ancient Keeper. Also removed unused credits file.
Modified checking if creature will attack another to make sure creatures in prison won't be attacked.
Fixed the problem with computer player not building new room if it already has such room with low capacity.
Modified fear computation to prevent excessive fluctuation of behavior.
Fixed problem with digging gems consuming most all of computer player workforce.
Rewritten some of computer player moving creatures code.
Improved searching for a hatchery when creature is hungry.
Rewritten several computer player routines related to room building.
Added automatic creation of a few RAW files from PNGs.
Rewritten some of computer building rooms code.
Rewritten searching for food. Added another condition of "no food" event.
Own creatures fight is no longer causing casting CTA and moving creatures by computer.
Combat with unconscious creature is no longer a valid combat.
Rewritten creature moving routine and some of prettying code.
Workaround for allowing to spawn special workers with fly ability.
Rewritten loading frontend sprites. Modified general sprites loading function.
Updated spanish language, and building of graphics files.
Updated building of GUI DAT/TAB files. Also removed casting Destroy Walls on rock.
Modified config to allow casting speed spell on creatures held in custody.
Rewritten part of creature fighting code.
Rewritten two important functions in pathfinding.
Rewritten some creature instance callbacks.
Launchwx - Removed a few unused or auto-generated files from KeeperFX installation
PngPal2Raw - created loading of TXT animation lists for JSPR(JTY) format support.

DragonsLover
October 22nd, 2013, 06:15
That's great news! Thanks Mefisto! :D

dayokay
October 26th, 2013, 13:46
I did a fresh install on a new PC, and there's no launcher.exe. If I click keeper.exe I get the error "the program can't start because SDL_net.dll is missing from your computer...."

mefistotelis
October 26th, 2013, 14:41
I did a fresh install on a new PC, and there's no launcher.exe. If I click keeper.exe I get the error "the program can't start because SDL_net.dll is missing from your computer...."

You probably downloaded a nightly build instead of complete version.

dayokay
October 26th, 2013, 17:27
Close - it was the source code link instead of full 0.43. Apologies, and all good now.

mefistotelis
December 7th, 2013, 15:27
Releases and nightly builds are now available here:
keeper.lubiki.pl

Hades
December 7th, 2013, 23:29
While plaing through Revised!nevergrim, I noticed ranged creatures don't target enemies on raised platforms (guard posts and temples)

YourMaster
December 28th, 2013, 16:28
I love that workshops are now viable! The trap bug (https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=16) was my biggest annoyance of the original DK. I played a game with r935 and it works like a charm.
Usually you'd get more and more unusable traps in your workshop which you could only get rid of by completely selling all your workshops, with this build you no longer lose traps and workshop space, truly great.

I did notice a new bug though, I made an overly complex dungeon, had dug out most of the map, and now creatures on the other side of the map could no longer find their way to my dungeon, they complained they couldn't reach the lair/hatchery and stunned creatures would no longer be dragged to the prison. Game didn't freeze/crash though, so can't complain.

mefistotelis
January 14th, 2014, 07:29
The 0.4.4 release is out.

Remember to download full version - applying latest nightly on 0.4.3 will not work.

YourMaster
January 14th, 2014, 20:32
Thanks a lot, almost 100 fixes in less then 3 months, averaging just over a fix a day.

And some very nice enhancements included: Computer player improved including but not limited to improved focus on training and better gold handling, workshop is now usable because it no longer fills up with useless traps, and mistresses and vampires actually pull their weight by not teleporting out first chance they get.

dayokay
January 14th, 2014, 22:29
And love the map view changes in high resolutions too! (hoping for a true HD widescreen experience sometime)

Mefistotelis has been working very hard! Thanks a lot.

devilhood
February 9th, 2014, 17:37
If anyone is using KeeperFX with the GOG release, I made a simple CUE sheet that allows you to have the music playing in-game.
All you need to do is convert the OGG Vorbis audio files (in the DK1 GOG folder) to WAV and mount or burn the CUE sheet using the appropriate software.

Don't forget to edit the file paths to match your own.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/p9260g882l75i7p/game.cue

FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\game.gog" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\keeper02.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 04:20:58
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\keeper03.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 05:27:66
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\keeper04.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 05:08:31
TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\keeper05.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 05:01:56
TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\keeper06.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 04:47:37
TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "C:\Games\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\keeper07.wav" WAVE
REM FILE-DECODED-SIZE 03:09:74
TRACK 07 AUDIO

Or you could just use your favourite media player and listen to whatever you want!

Joe
February 10th, 2014, 18:11
If anyone is using KeeperFX with the GOG release, I made a simple CUE sheet that allows you to have the music playing in-game.
All you need to do is convert the OGG Vorbis audio files (in the DK1 GOG folder) to WAV and mount or burn the CUE sheet using the appropriate software.

Don't forget to edit the file paths to match your own.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/p9260g882l75i7p/game.cue

Or you could just use your favourite media player and listen to whatever you want!

Thank you. It works!

mefistotelis
June 21st, 2014, 21:25
New release.

Version: 0.4.5
Rewritten drawing the pannel minimap.
Rewritten a lot of network GUI routines.
Rewritten a few functions related to traps and shots.
Rewritten some of moods and needs processing. Allowed diggers to have moods and needs if their config file permits that.
Made creatures unable to teleport just after a battle.
Improved recognition between KINKY_TORTURE and PAINFUL_TORTURE jobs.
Rewritten payday processing.
Fixed restoring Flight spell state when creature is being dropped, or ends other state which prevented it from flying.
Started renaming 'job stress' to 'going postal'. Also rewritten some of scavenging.
Introduced ONE_OF_KIND creature property, for Avatar.
Introduced NO_HAND_PURGE_ON_DEFEAT classic bug.
Creature job first initialization remade to be configurable in creature.cfg.
Moved creature unconscious time to config file.
Changed concept behind job assigning to be based on job selection, not on room selection.
Work around for issues with multiplayer level number in level selection screen. The number is exchanged as 8-bit int, which should be correctly fixed when possible.
Unifications in creature jobs system. Also added definitions of a few more jobs.
Fixed directory listing to correctly use MS Windows API.
Fix for loading damaged saved game during another game.
Updated attraction score computations to include scores from all 3 rooms required to attract.
Updated Chinese translation.
Rewritten keeper powers update function.
Removed area of effect damage from lightning creature spell.
Modified ForceVisibility option to be in game turns.
Rewritten code of destroying a room with CTA. Modified it to get more random order of destroyed tiles.
Made new "room unreachable" event for lair.
Updated events when a spellbook or dungeon special is discovered or stolen.
Neutral boulder traps will now activate for any creatures other than neutral.
Moved several creatures from "United Kingdom" level to being triggered by script.
Added classic latin as recognized language.
Added friendly fire on area damage as config parameter.
Updated gold pots scaling algorithm. Pots are now generally smaller, and those with lots of gold are growing slower than small ones.
Rewritten boulder trap activation check. Spectators can no longer trigger boulder traps.
Added config option to select whether neutral creatures can be scavenged.
Fixed problem with creature strength not being increased with experience.
Armageddon no longer teleports neutrals by default.
Added rules option to disable affecting neutral creatures by armageddon.
Progressed the implementation of going through locked doors property.
Rewritten drawing plane of engine columns in isometric and clueo mode.
Added two new creature properties - FEMALE and INSECT.
Retwritten some GUI functions and creation of creature own name.
Added SDL_mixer to pre-compiled libraries and to linking process. The library isn't used yet.
Rewritten the check if a creature can move directly to a place.
Rewritten the function which destroys creature lair.
Modified uses of apply_damage_to_thing() so that the function is always informed about the type of damage being inflicted.
Rewritten and highly modified poison gas effect affecting creatures.
Made some improvements to creature movement system. Creatures will now reset their routes after being teleported.
Added fixing travel speed if the next travel point returned by ariadne is too far.
Rewritten and fixed picking up creatures based only on their job and not their model.
Removed some of references to manual from english translation.
Modified area damage to be applied on detonation of every shot.
Fixed problem with line of sight computation which caused word of power trap to not do any damage.
Started integrating OGG music support made by Lukas Niemeier.
Added Czech characters to European conversion table.
Made more advanced scaling of parchment view.
Renamed spells to start with SPELL_ and shots to start with SHOT_.
Traps placed on strange terrain are now destroyed when depleted.
Added support of off-map traps and off-map doors.
Selling traps change - only get a refund if armed trap was sold.
Made computer player cancel any defend drops while his heart is ongoing destruction.
Introduced types of damage, ie. physical, magical, electric, combustion.
Rewritten some code related to gold and paydays.
Updated language names to meet ISO 639-2 standard. Japanese is now JPN.
Rewritten a lot of code related to workshop selling, to fix a bug in counting workshop items which are being sold.
Added states which cannot be blocked by spells - currently there's one, the being dropped state.
Modified battle event support to ignore the event if there are no enemies nearby.
Modified battle events to properly react on heart being attacked.
Added a new state which allows to attack doors and enemies while moving to attack room.
Rewritten door collision detection.
Rewritten some code around creature fights with doors.
Some minor updates to polish translations.
Fixed problem with magic door being recognized as sacrificial ground.
Updated russian fonts to be correctly included in multilingual font files.
Fixed problem with finding a creature dragging given thing.
Made kinky torture to not remove creature control.
Fixed problem with imps escaping from creatures behind doors.
Removed possible infinite loop in pathfinding, and enabled some rewritten routines.
Rewritten dungeon devastation when heart is destroyed.
Some serious changes in line of sight computation.
Computer players can now sell traps where they intend to place room.
Fixed imps transporting enemy creatures to drop them when enemy is defeated.
Fixed some possible problems related to creatures attack.
Rewritten some functions related to fight with doors and objects.
Forced creatures to become visible when dying or losing consciousness.
Fixed inconsistency in resetting states of creatures working in a room taken over.
Updated leaving or dying function (for defeated player creatures) to not wake unconscious creatures.
Rewritten some code related to dragging unconscious creatures.
Added regaining comp control when creature is called to arms.
Updated computer player gold digging code.
Updated room building code to prevent placing rooms on slabs with traps.
Fixed lava trap activation on room area to not break list of room slabs.
Added cleaning combat when computer player picks up creature.
Updated computer player digging path routine.
Updated Ancient Keeper translations, and added German translation.

In short - workshop boxes count fixed, computer no longer places traps on rooms, kinky torture fixed, more options in config files.

YourMaster
June 21st, 2014, 23:46
On top of that, noticeable changes are that creatures remain unconscious when their dungeon hearth is destroyed and that keepers now defend their dungeon heart when under attack.

Krizzie
June 30th, 2014, 07:46
No more hearth sniping.. :( I have mixed feelings with that. Some maps will get insanely hard now..

Metal Gear Rex
June 30th, 2014, 08:28
No more hearth sniping.. :( I have mixed feelings with that. Some maps will get insanely hard now..

Arguably, perhaps even objectively, maps that require such are very poorly made and any negative impact on said maps as a result of this change shouldn't be too much of a worry. Outside of that, it's just stupid abuse of AI and I really like this change.

mefistotelis
April 5th, 2015, 23:21
New release is coming.

Because of recent switch to SDL2 library, I think we need a last release with previous SDL 1.2.
Also, recently we've fixed many bugs, so this version is stable and has well tested computer player.

I will include all libraries needed by SDL2, so that new nightly builds will work on files from this release.

YourMaster
April 6th, 2015, 00:37
Very good, there has been many fixes/changes since the last release so it was about due. The new release will allow the latest maps and campaigns that are created with the new script commands to be playable by people on the main versions.

Also a good opportunity to include the files needed for future issues which cannot be done in nightlies: Issues 418 ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=418'), 445 ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=445'), 531 ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=531') and 438 ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=438').
And I'm guessing it is a bit late for 431 ('https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=431')

mefistotelis
May 4th, 2015, 23:11
Since the development progress is getting faster, from now on the Nightly Builds will be prepared not only at night, but every 6 hours.

This will allow the testers to react faster on changes being made, but also will help in narrowing down regressions by generating more builds for bisections.

YourMaster
May 9th, 2015, 11:14
New release is coming.

I see 0.4.6 is now available for download on keeper.lubiki.pl ('http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php'). Happy to see another release, the last one was a while ago. The full change log can be found in the readme file ('http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_read.php') and the wiki ('https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/History%20of%20KeeperFX%20releases'), but for me the notable changes are:

Game music can now play without the CD in the drive. To get this to work look here ('https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=112').
Keepers now move gold from their dungeon floor to their treasure room.
Keepers now use Call to Arms to attack and alarm traps work well.
Keepers will focus a bit more on getting gold and training creatures and a little less on manufacturing.
In the campaign and deeper dungeons keepers will now imprison enemy units.
Mayor fixes in spell damage, creature armor and dexterity.
Removed a large part of the Dragonslover patch
Creatures will now cast heal to heal themselves out of combat.
Dragon is buffed to be more comparable in strength to the original game.
Heroes and creatures can now hear a Dungeon Heart beat when they are close.
Must obey spell can now be used to get Warlocks to manufacture and trolls to do research.
Vampires cannot be duplicated anymore by using a revive level special after they resurrect.

Besides these changes, there are also some new script commands and possibilities which allow for mapmakers to make some interesting new maps. The campaign and deeper dungeons have been updated to use these new commands were prudent. Look here ('https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/New-and-Modified-Level-Script-Commands') on how to use new script commands.
IF_CONTROLS – Checks how many creatures there are while excluding those in prison. So you can now win maps when all heroes are imprisoned, no need to kill or convert them.
KILL_CREATURE – Kills a specific creature from the script. In the final campaign level this is used so you can no longer capture the first avatar.
DRAWFROM ('https://keeperklan.com/threads/4963-RANDOM-command-replaced-by-DRAWFROM-command') – A replacement to the old RANDOM command, selects a specific number or parameter from a list of values. Can be used to make levels play out differently over multiple playtroughs.
EVIL_CREATURES and GOOD_CREATURES ('https://keeperklan.com/threads/4951-Minor-room-balance-changes-would-have-made-DK1-a-far-better-game?p=49307&viewfull=1#post49307') – These variables returns how many evil creatures / heroes a player owns. Allows mapmaker to react to a player having lots of heroes in his army, for example by instigating a rebellion or disabling the use of the prison.
It is now possible for mapmakers to make levels where the player cannot use possession or cannot pickup creatures.
Mapmakers can now place heroes on guardposts. The heroes will keep defending the area.
Because these new options were already available in nightly builds, some campaigns and maps have already been created using the new script commands. Now everybody can play these:
New Game+ Campaign ('https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=107')
The Barbarian Campaign ('https://keeperklan.com/threads/4791-Preview-of-my-custom-Campaign-The-Barbarian-Campaign')
Thug of War ('https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=113')
The Death Clock ('https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=110')

Tyrant Cenobite
July 14th, 2015, 19:00
Pardon my ignorance, but how can we play:

New Game+ Campaign
The Barbarian Campaign
Thug of War
The Death Clock

I've been on a long hiatus from DK for a while now and have gotten my appetite for it back. Am I missing something here to play these new campaigns?

Thanks!

YourMaster
July 14th, 2015, 22:37
Clicking the links above your post will get you to the download pages. There click the big green download button. Extract the campaigns/maps to your keeperfx folder (it should automatically place the campaigns in the campaigns folder and the maps in the levels folder).

Then run the game. New Game+ and Barbarian are campaigns to be found under the 'start new game' button, the other two are single maps and can be found under 'free play levels'.

YourMaster
August 6th, 2016, 15:55
I've made KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 available for download (https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=121). See this topic (https://keeperklan.com/threads/5174-KeeperFX-Unofficial-0-4-6) for more information.

Its build upon version 0.4.6, with over 120 of the working new features/fixes released in the nightlies included and some tweaks of my own.

Massive improvements in how rival keepers assign creatures to rooms
Scroll mousewheel to zoom, use WASD to move
Several map, creature and balance fixes
Improvements in Imp and computer player behavior, especially related to gems.

animatrix
March 13th, 2018, 22:36
hi

im a dk1 fan ( never liked the dk2) , just thank you for your time , i enjoy it a lot.

Demon1986
October 16th, 2018, 11:56
ahh, nice to see someone picked up the project, good one, wish someone would remake it (like nbk). war for the overworld is ok, but nothing beats the classic dk1.

well, time to get back into it!

YourMaster
October 3rd, 2019, 15:31
I've made KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.7 available for download (https://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=137). See this topic (https://keeperklan.com/threads/7104-KeeperFX-Unofficial-0-4-7) for more information.

With around 60 new changes or fixes, made not just by me but by others as well. Key changes are:

Several new script commands (https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx-unofficial/wiki/New-and-Modified-Level-Script-Commands#keeperfx-unoffical-additions) and other possibility for map makers.
New cinematic and new sounds
Get computer opponents with different(better!) personalities when playing 1player maps.
Improvements in Imp and computer player behavior, especially related to gems.
Meteor spell properly explodes when hitting units, pushing them around.
Units fainting on a Dungeon Heart will no longer prevent it's destruction. Instead, hitting them will push them off.

YourMaster
August 24th, 2020, 22:53
KeeperFX 0.4.8 is out, see: https://keeperklan.com/threads/7218

Madkill
October 29th, 2021, 18:59
A VaMpIrE hAs RiSeN fRoM yOuR gRaVeYaRd!

So... Been a while since I was last here, happy to see there's a discord and that this forum is still intact fellow Keepers!

I originally created the ol'splash for KeeperFX.

i.e. This ol'splash:

Attached just to prove it is actually me and yes, still have the file.

But that's old news, so here's a 4k re-rendition.

Click here to see the new image, in case it doesn't load or can't load or fit etc. (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlgMgOyuk9pR4mnXd20EQq6etDfh)

YourMaster
June 22nd, 2022, 18:53
KeeperFX 0.4.9 is out, see: https://keeperklan.com/threads/7372

YourMaster
December 28th, 2022, 01:10
KeeperFX 0.5.0 is out, see: https://keeperklan.com/threads/7427

YourMaster
November 10th, 2023, 17:12
KeeperFX 1.0.0 is out, see: https://keeperklan.com/threads/7491

RealGecko
January 23rd, 2024, 17:26
KeeperFX 1.0.0 is out, see: https://keeperklan.com/threads/7491

Ah finally KeeperFX is free from legacy code, congrats on release :bile_demon:

YourMaster
January 24th, 2024, 10:43
Ah finally KeeperFX is free from legacy code, congrats on release :bile_demon:

Thanks. You're not a part of the discord yet are you? Feel free to join!