PDA

View Full Version : [Old] Discussion

Metal Gear Rex
December 31st, 2009, 19:46
Please discuss the Dungeon Keeper RPG here as well as give reviews.

EDIT:
I've done quite a revision on the RPG after being absent for some time, I decided I needed a fresh start, so this thread is locked and I'll open up a new one. I kept this thread around for viewing purposes.

Walkerz
January 1st, 2010, 15:39
I don't get it, is this an actuall game?

Metal Gear Rex
January 1st, 2010, 15:43
Yes, an RPG game that mainly Evi and I worked on.

Walkerz
January 1st, 2010, 15:56
I got it working, it's pretty cool :D you should post some screens tho so new people know what kind of game it is.

dotted
January 1st, 2010, 16:09
Please discuss the Dungeon Keeper RPG here as well as give reviews.

please dont, there is not much point in having an entire forum for just 2 threads

Mothrayas
January 1st, 2010, 17:12
please dont, there is not much point in having an entire forum for just 2 threads

why have an entire forum devoted to this, anyway?

if anything don't semi-merge this forum with the 'The Awakening' roleplay, as there's a lot of difference between that roleplay and this, a RPG Maker videogame. And from the main page there's no way to directly go to either forum in one click. At least get the latter fixed.

Duke Ragereaver
January 1st, 2010, 18:43
And from the main page there's no way to directly go to either forum in one click. At least get the latter fixed.

This is actually my fault, but I will have dotted fix this.

dk2player
January 2nd, 2010, 04:04
I've dowloaded and tried the first chapter, and I've gotta hand it to you, you really know how to make an rpg. this is a great version of the rpg, and should be the next dk game.

Searingflame2
January 2nd, 2010, 04:29
I can't get it working, because Megauploader is an epic fail site and stops my download as soon as it starts >:O

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 04:42
Hmm, box.net is like a 20 mega bite max and this is 60 compressed. What do you suggest that I could upload it on?

Sire
January 2nd, 2010, 04:58
Ah, uploading issues. I had a good deal of that a few days ago (music files).

Anyway, I recomend Rapidshare. Problem is, if you don't make an account (a free one), you are limited to 10 downloads and then it shuts off, so you are going to have to reupload it frequently. In addition, even if you have a free account, I don't know if the 10 downloads will be waived.

Mediafire works too, and may be a better option in the long run if you will add and do stuff to it. You have to log on at least once every month or two to keep them active, or have at least one download a month for the file. (If you create a free account to keep easy track of them)

There are also a few others out there as well if you search ''upload'' or ''upload files'' on Google.
Hope this helps.

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 05:39
I'm about to start playing...*impatience*

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 05:48
It doesn't work! It opens a window then it closes

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 05:51
*nodding* Ya, ya

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 05:53
*nodding* Ya, ya

You sound almost to try and wave us off.

Alright, you sure you installed the RTP thing correctly? Which one did you click because it specifies.

Is anything displayed in the window before closing? Does any error pop up?

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 05:57
infinite blackness in window, the files were put in a folder not in PROGRAM FILES
no pop ups but still does the error beep

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 06:00
NOPE

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 06:07
So you're saying you got this (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92DQXPRP) and there is no "setup1" folder inside? Nothing to set up the RTP file?

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 06:09
...I'm an idiot...I suck...

Sire
January 2nd, 2010, 06:13
Don't worry about it too much. People make mistakes, and sometimes miss what's right in front of them.

At least you can play now, right? :)

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 06:22
Played it- really good actually- much different than expected and I never notice anything in front of my nose

Also this RPG is motivating me to make some maps in DK2 (DK1 doesn't work)

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 06:23
Well nothing copying the maps in the RPG. :P

nijuni_kuro
January 2nd, 2010, 18:26
I've played the v1.1. I've found 2 typos in the Library:

(One of the Warlocks)
-The one Warlock who talked about Witches is isane.
Should be: *insane*

(One of the bookshelves)
-But the half of the Trolls still entering and exiing...
Should be: *exiting*

Also, why do you start in the Treasury, then get "I should introduce myself to the Keeper..." when you enter the Dungeon Heart room, then get "A Warlock has entered your Dungeon!" when you enter the room with the Portal? o.0
Isn't player supposed to start at the Portal?

Why does Exussum have a beard? XD (Apparently, cause you used the same sprite for every creature type...) Since she's female (and introduces herself as a Sorceress), shouldn't you at least remove her beard? And also use that model for the other female Warlock in the Library (that asks for password)?

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 18:36
I've played the v1.1. I've found 2 typos in the Library:

(One of the Warlocks)
-The one Warlock who talked about Witches is isane.
Should be: *insane*

(One of the bookshelves)
-But the half of the Trolls still entering and exiing...
Should be: *exiting*

The latter was already spotted by Sire but I couldn't find it.

Also, why do you start in the Treasury, then get "I should introduce myself to the Keeper..." when you enter the Dungeon Heart room, then get "A Warlock has entered your Dungeon!" when you enter the room with the Portal? o.0
Isn't player supposed to start at the Portal?

Odd, I'll look into this. Is there an introduction explaining what's actually going on? If not, then I know what happened.

I put the Starting Position there when I began looking at the characters Evi made (Like the Samurai, Monk, and Avatar) to see how they check out, I must have forgotten to change it back... how did no one notice that?

Why does Exussum have a beard? XD (Apparently, cause you used the same sprite for every creature type...) Since she's female (and introduces herself as a Sorceress), shouldn't you at least remove her beard? And also use that model for the other female Warlock in the Library (that asks for password)?

Because we're too lazy to change it. :P

Well, we would have to do alot more... I would have to take it out there, and in the dead warlock too. I would have to also change the Battler image, and then I would have to redo the melee animation (At some point I was going to do something special for Melee) and to do that so many times kinda felt like alot for such a small thing. We thought (Well I did) that nobody would care.

Do you have a problem with bearded women?

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 19:20
I checked and realized this to be true. >_<

I have released 1.2 which has this fixed, the typoes taken care of, and is slightly larger because it contains some Chapter Two data (Which you cannot see :P)

natchoguy
January 2nd, 2010, 20:20
Do I have to start all over again if I download it?

Metal Gear Rex
January 2nd, 2010, 20:24
There is information on how to prevent that in the Downloads page.

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 01:46

Now it's three. :P

Sire
January 3rd, 2010, 02:47
It may be wise to add an ''Update'' , ''Version'' , or ''Changelog'' thread so people can see what has been added or changed every new version.
If you don't feel like making a new thread, posting the changelog as posts in the ''Download'' thread can work as well.

Adding this may assist consumers when they get the new version to see what has changed, as well as keeping a history (so if something earlier worked, you may be able to revert back to it).

As a side note, I managed to get the ''Rude'' Warlock to the phase where he heals himself. Must...Train...More... :demon::warlock:

natchoguy
January 3rd, 2010, 02:49
haha I defeated him

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 03:01
Evi and I sent him back to his mommy when we were level 4.

Oh and I like your idea Sire.

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 03:28
Please try to prevent posting on the Changelog, Download, and Helping threads because I wish to keep it nice and clean and therefore will delete posts made there and lock the topics.

Metal Gear Rex
January 4th, 2010, 18:34
Just to let you know I won't be working on the RPG until this Thursday due to RL work I need to get done. I may, however, go back and fix a few things you may point out because that is very fast.

Metal Gear Rex
January 5th, 2010, 01:04
I am currently looking for some new stuff to add. I'm gonna be changing script and stuff to allow MOAR POWAH!!! :mad:

Also I will see if I can change the battle view to a wait time like in Chrono Trigger or FF8. :D

Metal Gear Rex
January 5th, 2010, 01:16
An interesting thought... (http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35936)

Sire
January 5th, 2010, 01:29
What? There gonna be an arena now with players running around fighting each other in battle sequences? Or, multiple players can play together as one character each?

Possibilities...

Wait time battle system? Sure, why not!
(Awaits the next installment of DK RPG)

Metal Gear Rex
January 5th, 2010, 01:39
I found lots of stuff. I found out how to add a "Skill Shop" so now you have to buy stuff! >:D
A custom skill/save thingy, how to break the enemy HP/SP limit (Did you think that Barbarian was hard? He was level 1! >:D) and even now I can add Duke's really long battle ending music because I found out a fade out script trick!

To think I was just looking for the RPG Maker 2003 to check out the battle system... Evi appointed me to this site that needed to be a member to download. I became a member, started exloring... then holy sh!t look at all this!

Metal Gear Rex
January 9th, 2010, 05:40
Some info has been added for the Dungeon Keepers. You can see all the Keepers that were fought during the events of Sanctus Regnum and Deeper Dungeons. Also added Keeper Deniquexitus. I only added special more powerful Dungeon Keepers, didn't bother with common Dungeon Keepers such as the ones found in level 5-8.

Also, some Dungeon Keepers were common, but united always by some relationship to make them a bigger whole. This is why you see the common keepers of Elf's Dance (Brother and Sister) and not the common keepers of Buffyoak (Allied only because Deniquexitus arrived)

And I changed the colors for a good reason, because the original colors were just there for game purposes. We would have alot of blue keepers if I kept the colors, so I changed them to even those not found in DK1.

And to clear some things up...

Korros Tor: Bellua the North, Venustas the South.
Sleepiburgh: Diei the West, Noctis the East.
Belbata: Fluma the East, Gaudia the West, Letitia the North
Elf's Dance: Frater the West, Sanctimonialis the East

Those were the realms that had multiple Keepers with different colors, just so you know who's who but it doesn't really matter. Obviously, Deniquexitus be the Player in DK1 and DD.

-----------------------------

Also, I'm working on some info for the North Landmass. As you can see, the names are planned out. We are in progress of getting the realm info. Sit tight.

Sire
January 10th, 2010, 03:49
Quickly, send on Brann to do the exploring! He'll write a book about the realms you need.

Wait, this isn't WoW. Nevermind...

Currently I see the first ''Act'' seemingly planned out to be played only by the creatures. Aprox. when do you guys think the Heroes will become playable?
Also, I'm thinking the first ''Act'' will be up and fully functioning (in terms of gameplay, finalized, and maybe even voice actors) before the end of 2010. I'm hoping before the end of the summer, but life does have it's demands. (I'm not saying to tell us a final date, but at least have a date in mind within the corridors of major project members)

Metal Gear Rex
January 10th, 2010, 04:08
Currently I see the first ''Act'' seemingly planned out to be played only by the creatures. Aprox. when do you guys think the Heroes will become playable?

You'll have to wait on that. :P

I'll tell you one thing, and that's it. Since it seems we're going to do the maximum landmasses, we are able to sepperate the Heroes from the Creatures. The Heroes are on a whole another land mass. That's why it is creatures' only here.

Also, I'm thinking the first ''Act'' will be up and fully functioning (in terms of gameplay, finalized, and maybe even voice actors) before the end of 2010. I'm hoping before the end of the summer, but life does have it's demands. (I'm not saying to tell us a final date, but at least have a date in mind within the corridors of major project members)

It will be up and running long before that, I assure you. I don't have to go to school like everyone else, more of a homeschool. :P

So I can work on that simultaneiously, trust me, it won't be that long. Be happy I'm the one working on the editor and not Evi because I have more time than he.

I was going to finish getting the realm info and keepers of the rest of the North land mass, but considering I kept you waiting while I was catching up with work I previously procrostinated into doing, I guess I will work on the Second Chapter now instead.

For now, I'll keep the NPCs to say the same thing. :P

Too much of a hastle to change all of them every chapter. Hell, we would probably run out of things to say, quite litterally.

Only ones I need to change are ones like Aidan, those who actually have a purpose other than standing around and eating their own crap.

Isn't too difficult, well not as much as the first. First was hard as hell due to the need to gather everything. We needed Heroes, I had to decide upon experiance, we needed NPC text, we needed all the graphical stuff, and basic idea, etc etc... now we already got all the info.

Don't worry, the realms you see are just the details, doesn't mean we don't know what's going to happen afterwards. But neither Evi nor I will say because we want to keep it a surprise. So shh... :P

Rawr :tunneller: (I keep wanting to be a Tunneller, they're somehow so cool!)

Metal Gear Rex
January 11th, 2010, 04:07
Just so everybody knows, I'll close the landmass poll once I have info on all realms in the North Landmass.

Metal Gear Rex
January 14th, 2010, 01:02
Alright, realms up to Icefrost are done.

Also, I finished the Hero Castle last night, you know, the one that attacked you? :P

Anyways, the map itself is done. I need to get to work on those events to transfer you from room to room, some random encounters, and a few bosses then I'm done. Oh but of course the Elderly man. :P

Metal Gear Rex
January 17th, 2010, 06:50
An anouncement:

Chapter 2 will be done very shortly, I have finished the fort, added the events for the transfering from room to room.

The rest will be easy, and I should be able to release a playable version within a few hours at the least, or perhaps during Sunday... the former if it is before I go to sleep.

Please note that you may want to have a save right before you go into the Hero Fort, as this version will not contain any changes to any NPC writing.

Metal Gear Rex
January 18th, 2010, 06:00
Due to some difficulties with the Traps, this may take a little bit longer.

In its current state, all I need to do is get Trap data for the Alarm and Poison Gas Trap, Wooden Door already has its data placed.

The placement will be very simple, not to worry on that. If I manage to find a way around the trap problem, I will solve it, but my thinking ability is running a bit low... I have a headache because of the stress since I just added in a huge nest of commands to allow the Alarm trap to have its inicial 12 shots, and not 4/5 (I can only use 4 self triggers) but it doesn't seem to work properly...

If all else fails I may go with the original 4/5 shot plan, because I know it will work. I know the problem with the multi shot, but there doesn't seem to be any simple solution without having it backfire or be glitchy in someway.

I will get the doors placed now, so if I don't have enough time on the Traps, I will just post it without traps for now... because I'm tired of making you wait any longer.

Metal Gear Rex
January 18th, 2010, 07:29
Okay! Chapter 2 is out! It is sorta "beta" as it is only 0.8...

Some things I am missing I will get next time...
1. Traps
2. Keys for Doors
3. NPC Changes (Few There)
4. Prisoner Conversation
5. Torture Conversation
6. Some other stuff I'm missing here...

Alot of crap went to making this... mostly to me when I got yelled at for neglecting my schoolwork... it may be late but I kept to my promise! Yes it is 11:29 for me so it is still technically Sunday!

It may be missing stuff and a bit crappy in some areas but...

AT LEAST I GOT IT DONE! :)
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/ackermann_victory.jpg
Note, this is untested as I had no time...

Sire
January 18th, 2010, 16:11
Yay, new (unfinished) chapter!

Gonna try it out after I get done with my own schoolwork (I get today off).

Duke Ragereaver
January 18th, 2010, 16:23
Error found regarding doors: visually they take atleast 2 tiles, but they actually occupy 1, allowing you to have easy passage.

Metal Gear Rex
January 18th, 2010, 16:34
Crap!

Yeah... Doors take a long time to impliment. Originally it was going to be 2 events but it took way too many changes per door to make it too worthwhile.

Basically it is the mere size of it that takes up that much space. If I'm correct, it does run off into the walls alot on the left? I can fix that too.

I'll get on it and see what other stuff I can add.

Edit: CRAP!
It looks like I also forgot to switch the music back... ah well... >_<

Sire
January 18th, 2010, 19:14
Currently having an issue trying to start the game.

Two problems:

Having the Ch One 1.2 version with the Ch Two 0.8 version, with Ch One downloaded last, I get ''Failure to load achive.''

The other is the same as above, but I downloaded Ch Two last, and I get ''Unable to find Graphic (with other text here)''.

Metal Gear Rex
January 18th, 2010, 21:31
Did you combine the two folders together?

Edit:
Inside you should see a Save1, please upload it and PM it to me. I need to see what kind of things you have that could have caused this, or if you could have transfered the data wrong.

If you have multiple saves, please give them all to me... I WANT MOAR POWAH! :D

Sire
January 21st, 2010, 22:29
I would try and do so, but now I'm having issues trying to download 1.2 (ch 1) again.
Suggesting possible ''mirror'' at another source?

Also, I deleted everything completely on the game and planned to install from scratch (pulled out my save file though), but the download issue is now hampering progress.

While unrelated, laziness and getting new games are also taking up my time (making me lazy to test out the DK 1 editor problem I had somewhere else)

Metal Gear Rex
January 22nd, 2010, 00:06
Hmm, problem is where to go, and how large can the files be?

I calqulated with the raise of about 10 mega bites with the new chapter, the ending product will most likely reach giga bites, possible 2. The largest thing is the music, and there's still quite alot to go.

-------

However, I too have been lazy. I need to get my dad's laptop (It is the only one which can use a mic for some reason) and then I can begin recording music from youtube videos.

This will allow me to A) create a single loop and not 2 loops and a fade out, which will sound better and also be less space B) The music you can download is lower quality. On youtube, people do share music from the actual CDs that they have bought, which means it is higher quality and therefore, will sound a bit better.

--------

As a side note, I may not be able to work on the RPG at all for a few days, or even be on KK. Maybe, it is time to test my persuading abilities once more. :)

-----------

PS: I don't think anyone should get the 0.8 version. It is too buggy and is actually impossible to beat, due to a problem in the tileset of the Temple. I have learned my lesson, never release an untested beta version of any further chapters...

And I also have found a good way to impliment a Lava Trap, and Boulder Trap. :D

In the next version (It will include Gas Traps and Alarm Traps, maybe a few others) I may want to warn you to be very careful around said traps as they can actually kill you.

Metal Gear Rex
January 25th, 2010, 16:46
Okay! Chapter 2 is up! :D

And I mean the 1.0 not the crappy 0.8 :P

Now I can finally post this with pride. :)

VICTORY!
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/ackermann_victory.jpg

Please note that not much NPC text was changed due to lazyness/it was not needed. I did update the shops, and the Female Demon Spawn in the Training Room + Aidan. See if you can find Aidan. >:P

Also, the Gas Animation is unfinished, it will take alot of time/work to finish and I am a lazy bastard.

I warn you that you will have to start FROM THE BEGINNING!
I raised the experiance to be higher due to the length of the whole game, but realized it was not carried over with the saves, unfortunately. Better now then like in Chapter 16 or so... oh and I raised Exussum's/Ganrgal's beginning experiance level to 5 due to the raise in experiance needed. The change I think was about 10 more experiance in the Training Room, but since they are higher level they kill faster.

Metal Gear Rex
January 27th, 2010, 00:12
An announcement!

I hate school, I really do. I would like to get it overwith, right now. Luckily, with my current program, I can finish in a year. I can be done with this crap by the time I'm 16. :D

I will be doing the maximum of 10 "packages" (Every 5=1 class) per month. But what does this mean to you?

I will be absent from KK, and I won't have time to work on the RPG. Yet I realize something...

Like my book, I have taken time off of writing, to think of ideas and finish everything in the entire plot. The "basic" (What I call basic is as simplified as I can make it) is already done, I am just working a few things out in the whole book-series.

My production of ideas increased beyond what I orginally thought. If I quit for now the RPG, and work full time on the school stuff, I can finish them alot faster. I don't think I'll have much time and the time I do have will go to playing so I don't bore myself to death.

If I do this, and pull this off, I can finish in as early as a year, and thus I will be free from school. From there, I will be able to have more time to work on ideas for my book as well as the RPG itself. My overall production will increase and you will be seeing chapters rising much quicker. In the end, I think it will be easier. It also aids in my plan of how I am going to start out my life once I get away from my parents.

I will start in Feburary, so I'll see how much I can get done now until then. Once I finish this, I'll be back and I'll finish all that other stuff. Considering how long the RPG will be, I will need such an efficancy to complete it soon.

Saying it is much easier than actually starting, I know as I have a real problem with procrostination. Once I start, I may overcome this procrostination (I doubt it) but at least I'll be able to finish my real goal.

Metal Gear Rex
January 27th, 2010, 07:09
Oh yes, as I update things for Chapter 2 I will list them in the Updates section as I accomplish them, instead of recalling them from my memory when I release the new version of the Chapter.

Check it out, I already have a large sum of things done.

Metal Gear Rex
January 28th, 2010, 06:54
Alright 3 things!

1. I figured out a plan and my schoolwork will NOT take up all my time on KK and the RPG... yay. :)

2. I should be able to release a new updated version for Chapter 2 tonight. One thing to note is the bloody doors... I fixed one thing where if you talk to them from a certain angle they may change from opened or something but they can still open weirdly which annoys me. :mad:

3. Evi and I have selected a player for a new Keeper besides ourselves! Dark_Omega MK2 has been selected for the role of Keeper Tekei. He also gets a free :dog:! Shipping and insurance not included, nor :dog: food or lessons on how to take care of the :dog:

To explain further what it means to play as a keeper...

You select conversation.
You make an impact in the game with your actions.
You can create your own Dungeon Design.
You can hear a few interesting details on the inside... SPIES ARE NOT WELCOME!

The Role for Keeper Galonn will be decided soon! This one takes a bit since this is not a lone walk!

Dark_Omega MK2
January 28th, 2010, 07:06
OH YEAH, FREE FOOD!!!!!

*eats the :dog:*

Oh... and i get a keeper, thats amazing too :D

psycopath
January 28th, 2010, 18:45
Omega, that was my food!!!! :mad: *Finds a random :dog: standing around* *Stuffs the dog into his mouth*

Good progress on the RPG! I haven't played it yet but I will down + play today!! (Hopefully...)

Dark_Omega MK2
January 28th, 2010, 20:12
Omega, that was my food!!!! :mad: *Finds a random :dog: standing around* *Stuffs the dog into his mouth*

Good progress on the RPG! I haven't played it yet but I will down + play today!! (Hopefully...)

I know... but what you dont know is that i was really a Spy!!! D:<

Metal Gear Rex
January 28th, 2010, 20:17
Chapter 2 Version 1.1 is out!

Alot of stuff changed, 16. :)

I have checked over some info and I realize I am the only one who rates my topics 5 stars... no one else likes teh RPG? :(

Oh yes, about Voice Actors. Don't worry if they're missing now, they'll be in eventually. Not that I'm procrostinating or anything, but I want to wait until I am at least done with the second land mass and then I will put a demo version at that RPG Revolutions place. Hopefully I can get a call out for Voice Actors... if not then I will give up there.

Metal Gear Rex
January 29th, 2010, 03:41
Just realized the DK1 mentor says Mortuus' name. :)

The Disease Spell Incantations say Mortuus or Mortis which mean Dead or Death respectively. :D

Listening to the keeper spell incantations, I realize they all are from latin as I remember some of them when looking for names for those Keeper Deniquexitus had slain. And before any of you start, no I did not know that.

Metal Gear Rex
January 29th, 2010, 17:46
It's funny, A New Room is practically playing by himself in his voicing game. All there is is Lord Pange and the Mentor who have a voice, and he does both. Lolz

I added Mentor to the creature selection (Nowhere else does he fit) because I wanted to make it official that I make his quotes but A New Room voices them.

Sire
January 30th, 2010, 03:49
Alrighty, if a person is going to download the files, do we download them chapter by chapter or just the latest file put up for download?

Metal Gear Rex
January 30th, 2010, 04:23
Alrighty, if a person is going to download the files, do we download them chapter by chapter or just the latest file put up for download?

Latest version includes all chapters previously, no need to re-download. That's why they keep getting bigger, :P

Damn, I haven't felt much of working on the RPG today... haven't felt like doing anything... :(

I've been wandering around (Well searching through stuff on the computer, too lazy to move) for SOMETHING to do... and I am just bored!

I am almost modivated to install that multiplayer thing in the RPG so I can play a game with someone... almost...

My signature including that info from the "Which FF character are you?" test is a sign of how bored I was. Heh, I guessed through and ended up with Laguna, then cheated to get Squall. :)

Besides cold and anti-social fits a Dungeon Keeper. :P

I actually almost started work on a Bomberman RPG I am so bored... would be nice though but I have no idea how to impliment anything... :(

---

I think I know why I can't think of what to do... after all 6 straight hours of listening to my brother practice the drums can really drill into a person's brain... it is so loud and he sucks, I hate my parents for getting him those! :mad:

My head hurts really baddly... and I think there is something else I needed to post but I forgot... GOD DAMN DRUMS! *Shoots self*

The guiltar wasn't that annoying... please somebody help me...

If I give you a sniper rifle and an alaby, will you shoot me? Please?

*Banging head on desk* Make it stop! Bloody drums! I am so going to burn them tonight! :mad:

Sire
January 30th, 2010, 04:26
I could send another set worth of music to you to keep you occupied...
I'm currently on a music frenzy stage or something. I'm getting music here, there, etc...

So lazy to send in more suggestions to places. Heck, I still didn't do a few other things I asked help for due to sickeness and my DS (FFCC Echoes of Time)

As for the chapters, I thought they were seperate. That may have been why I had issues before...
I'll test later. Music frenzy now, test later...

Metal Gear Rex
January 30th, 2010, 04:31
I could send another set worth of music to you to keep you occupied...
I'm currently on a music frenzy stage or something. I'm getting music here, there, etc...

So lazy to send in more suggestions to places. Heck, I still didn't do a few other things I asked help for due to sickeness and my DS (FFCC Echoes of Time)

As for the chapters, I thought they were seperate. That may have been why I had issues before...
I'll test later. Music frenzy now, test later...

My headache hurts too damn much, and anything I play will be drowned out by that bastard up stairs...

I naturally listen to quiet things, I can barely hear the music I'm playing right now (Super Bomberman 2 Battle music, I was playing it earlier and it is awesome! :)) and that's only because his drums are getting quieter. Either that or my sanity is going away... strangely I barely hear it now, maybe my hearing has been damaged... I can see why he has no problem with it because he actually, I'm guessing due to all the loud crap he plays EVERYDAY, that he has gone deaf.

Metal Gear Rex
January 31st, 2010, 02:54
Alright... today was quieter... :)

I finished updating stuff for Chapter 3, I had to redo the whole Hero Fort by changing out colors plus the transfers for there and Keeper Dementis' dungeon! :mad:

Well that's done, so now the new data, yay.

Chapter 2 may have a new version or Chapter 3 will just start it out...

We'll see who wins first, ANR will you finish Chapter 2 sounds or will I finish Chapter 3 first? The race is on!

Edit:
Okay! I just woke up from my nap... NOW I begin! :)

Well maybe after a game of Super Bomberman 2... I am really bored... :P

Edit2:
Okay! The Snesx9 thingy is crashing whenever I try to make a video. :(

Well, back to work.

natchoguy
February 1st, 2010, 00:03
Are there any voice actors except A New Room?

Metal Gear Rex
February 1st, 2010, 00:13
Are there any voice actors except A New Room?

Yes but I will not reveal his name due to the fact that his character has not appeared yet.

I do not worry about voice actors, there are alot of people at the RPG Revolution place where I was looking for scripts. Once I complete the first landmass, I will post something there as a demo. Then I can ask for assistance.

I do not expect much help on the voice acting part until then. Either way, I do not worry. It isn't something nesseccary. Once I reach the end of the game, I will create 2 versions. One where there are voice actors, and one where there are not. This is until I manage to complete the voice acting for the whole game, then the former version will replace the latter completely.

That's a very long way off, so I don't have to think too much about it.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to get as much work done this week. Hardly anything today, because I have to catch up on my schoolwork since I neglected it durring my RPG work time. The faster I finish my schoolwork, the less I have to worry about it, and I will be able to continue work on the RPG.

natchoguy
February 1st, 2010, 00:20
can I help in a different way?

Metal Gear Rex
February 1st, 2010, 00:40
can I help in a different way?

There are plenty of things to help with.

NPC Text
Character Acting

Well maybe not that many... I can't think at the moment.

Umm... :giant:>:barb:>:thief:>:giant:

That statement is actually true, I have proved it. :)

Oh one a few more things you can help with that I just thought of.

1. Ideas on certain things such as how I would use a room from DK1 to the RPG... like the Scavanger Room.

2. Help prevent me from losing the rest of my sanity when my brother plays the drums, his dog doesn't stop barking, my mom comes home and is being a bitch... all three of those things just happened earlier and I feel pretty much like part of my head (Along the right side) has blown off. And I speak quite litterally, my head is throbbing and it will not stop.

To top it off, I still need to finish my school work... god damn, today sucks.

natchoguy
February 1st, 2010, 01:49
character acting?:confused:

Metal Gear Rex
February 1st, 2010, 02:15
character acting?:confused:

I explained this when I posted that Dark_Omega MK2 got the role of Keeper Tekei.

Basically you decide what that character says and his actions. I don't, even if I can, decide what everyone says. That is decided by the player actor. For Dungeon Keepers, you also get to choose your dungeon design.

I usually take my time deciding character actors, but as a last resort I do take the role of a character if it lacks a role. Keepers I am more open with. Creatures and Heroes, which have a greater impact as you see them all the time, I choose directly.

Metal Gear Rex
February 3rd, 2010, 05:03
God I FINALLY got the Gas Animation's data done... I am announcing it because it was so bloody difficult...

This was by far THE MOST BORING animation to do!

Wait, I stand corrected...

I still have to finish Whirlwind! :(

Metal Gear Rex
February 3rd, 2010, 08:08
Okay! My to do List for the spells is as follows!

Lightning: Will do it eventually.
I need to do a better effect

Rebound: Do I even have the animation format for the spell data? Where's my whip, I need to send Evi to work.
I need to make the Effect/Finish Spell Data if it is not done yet... not sure...

Drain: I can do this in about 2 minutes but my procrostination and laziness will probably extend it to 2 weeks... possibly months...
I have to make it compatable with Enemies... currently it is only for the Player. Boo!

Fear: Umm... what the hell am I supposed to do for this!? :confused:
This is a spell, apparently... according to the file... I have no idea what the hell it does. O_o

Flame Breath: Do I even have to do this? I was going to make it a weapon instead... How did it get on my list!? Evi, remove it! *Whips Evi* Do it, Super Kitty commands you to! :horny:
Super Kitty.

Whirlwind: I'll probably finish the game before I do this... SOOOO BOORRRINGG!! :mad:
I have to finish the effect... it may take more than an hour! :(

Light: o_O what does this do? Hmm... if only I knew how to use Lighting...
Umm... yeah I have no idea what to do...

Flight: I need the animation format... Evi get to work or remind me if I have it already! I don't remember!
This I have no data on the animation nor ability.

Grenade: God damn I am a lazy bastard... I'll do it eventually...
Same as Flight, no data at all on this. But I have the animation format.

Hailstorm: Hmm... I'm pretty sure I don't have the format...
Nothing here either...

Word of Power: I have overcome the harder part of this... I CAN DO THIS!!!
I need the spell data, but I finished the animation just now. :D
Edit: Well I got some data... I need to decide a power level but I will do that when I have advanced some. I cannot pick how strong this attack should be as it can only be found on later levels.

Fart: Eh... I'll do it eventually... I think I just cast it... :eek:
Same as above, it uses the same Gas animation.

Dig: :D
Lalalalala...

Metal Gear Rex
February 4th, 2010, 01:17
Okay! My to do List for the spells is as follows!

Shut up.

Lightning: Will do it eventually.
I need to do a better effect

Done. I think...

Rebound: Do I even have the animation format for the spell data? Where's my whip, I need to send Evi to work.
I need to make the Effect/Finish Spell Data if it is not done yet... not sure...

Check!

Drain: I can do this in about 2 minutes but my procrostination and laziness will probably extend it to 2 weeks... possibly months...
I have to make it compatable with Enemies... currently it is only for the Player. Boo!

Beep! Done!

Fear: Umm... what the hell am I supposed to do for this!? :confused:
This is a spell, apparently... according to the file... I have no idea what the hell it does. O_o

Like hell, I'm doing that. *Removes*

Flame Breath: Do I even have to do this? I was going to make it a weapon instead... How did it get on my list!? Evi, remove it! *Whips Evi* Do it, Super Kitty commands you to! :horny:
Super Kitty.

What the hell is this still doing here? DIE!! *Stabs/Removes*

Whirlwind: I'll probably finish the game before I do this... SOOOO BOORRRINGG!! :mad:
I have to finish the effect... it may take more than an hour! :(

Eventually... uncheck...

Light: o_O what does this do? Hmm... if only I knew how to use Lighting...
Umm... yeah I have no idea what to do...

*Burns*

Flight: I need the animation format... Evi get to work or remind me if I have it already! I don't remember!
This I have no data on the animation nor ability.

Just need animation...

Grenade: God damn I am a lazy bastard... I'll do it eventually...
Same as Flight, no data at all on this. But I have the animation format.

Check! Ka-BOOOM!

Hailstorm: Hmm... I'm pretty sure I don't have the format...
Nothing here either...

Eh, I'll do it later...

Word of Power: I have overcome the harder part of this... I CAN DO THIS!!!
I need the spell data, but I finished the animation just now. :D
Edit: Well I got some data... I need to decide a power level but I will do that when I have advanced some. I cannot pick how strong this attack should be as it can only be found on later levels.

Read teh quote!

Fart: Eh... I'll do it eventually... I think I just cast it... :eek:
Same as above, it uses the same Gas animation.

Check!

Dig: :D
Lalalalala...

GET THE HELL OFF MY LIST!!! *Makes Dig go boom*

So all I need now is the following...

1. Whirlwind Animation
2. Flight Animation
3. Hailstorm Data/Animation
4. Word of Power Data

Then I have data for all spells.

natchoguy
February 4th, 2010, 20:22
What do I do to character act?

Metal Gear Rex
February 4th, 2010, 20:41
What do I do to character act?

Well I asked Dark_Omega MK2 if he wanted to be Keeper Tekei because I've seen some experiance from his RPing and I like how he did Grith.

You will have to choose who you want, PM me, and then pass a test to obtain that role, just to make sure not just anyone gets the part.

Pretty much your only option is a Keeper, since for Creatures and Heroes I contact people myself if they want the role of a Creature or Hero.

A New Room
February 4th, 2010, 21:23
Then pass a test to obtain that role.

You have to be in a soup commercial... O.o

natchoguy
February 4th, 2010, 22:28
I was in a different commercial:cool:

Metal Gear Rex
February 8th, 2010, 03:00
Don't go off-topic now, especially not in my territory... :horny:

Anyways... some things I'm gonna change...

I'm going to make it possible to become different characters, manipulating who you see when walking around basically. Going to be a bit difficult though... I admit...

Though I will need to change a number of things to make this a possibility. Better now or I'll have alot more work to do.

You see, if you noticed Keeper Lightning... what I do is force the first character to use it. This is always Exussum. If it were Ganrgal or Ferinus, the attack would be weaker because it uses it off of the first character's intelligence. I already know how to get around this, by using Variables.

An example is this:

[Variable1] Member #1
[Variable2] Member #2
[Variable3] Member #3
[Variable4] Member #4

Then at the beginning of the Chapter, or whenever you wish to change who leads, it changes these values.

As for the values...

1=Exussum
2=Ganrgal
3=Ferinus

Then I can have it check these values to find out who is who, such as in the event of fighting Pange when Ganrgal and Ferinus appearing besides Exussum, I would need to change this otherwise it would be weird to have 2 Ganrgals wouldn't it?

The lead player will change the player's speed though, and it can only be changed when a new party member appears, you begin a new chapter, or you go to a Barracks (Since that is where you can organize groups :P)

What do you all think of this idea? Evi post something since I don't think you ever have in this thread... O_o

Edit: Nevermind about the Speed Change, will only do it if nesseccary such as a Horned Reaper or Dragon since both need a different pace otherwise it looks unreal.

Metal Gear Rex
February 9th, 2010, 03:30
Okay... Evi and I have worked things out, so we're back together now, yay. :)

Why does that sound like we're a married couple. O_o

Well I'm gonna burn that announcement down... BURN IT TO THE GROUND! >:D

I suddenly remember Megaman X7...

Sire
February 10th, 2010, 02:00
Can you expand the ''Helping Our Cause'' thread on each subject of interest? It seems generalized and not specific enough in the directions.

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2010, 02:07
Can you expand the ''Helping Our Cause'' thread on each subject of interest? It seems generalized and not specific enough in the directions.

I hate you for giving me more work. D:<

After typing up this whole damn thing (Surprise what it is) I am too lazy to do it.

And so I leave it to Evi.

If anyone else posts there in the time it is open, I will delete said posts.

Then let Ferinus poop on them. >:D

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2010, 02:38
And done! :D

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2010, 21:30
Natchoguy, do not post there.

If anyone else posts there in the time it is open, I will delete said posts.

Please pay better attention next time.

natchoguy
February 10th, 2010, 22:07
damn, my idiocy blinded me once again...

Metal Gear Rex
February 10th, 2010, 22:18
damn, my idiocy blinded me once again...

All you need to do is think before you post, the constant blame of "idoticness" is a mere excuse. Do not make another "mistake" like that again.

Metal Gear Rex
February 11th, 2010, 04:58
I currently have the following actors!

Alza: Evi
Dementis: Metal Gear Rex
Galonn: Metal Gear Rex
Jawian: dk2player
Tekei: Dark_Omega MK2

Baron Almeric: Sire
Lord Pange: Metal Gear Rex

I became Galonn because the first contastant wasn't quite right and the second dropped out and I needed someone to play a role so... I did.

dk2player got the role of Jawian!

Sire became the first Lord of the Land besides myself!

And I am not sure if I announced Evi becoming Alza but he's been there for a bit!

Metal Gear Rex
February 13th, 2010, 00:00
Also, new keeper there and he is played by Sire.

Updated some stuff too.

Sire
February 14th, 2010, 01:49
Tried starting this up again, this time using only the latest Ch 2 Download.
Upon starting I get an error.

''Unable to find file Graphic/Windowskins/001-Blue01.''
I am using a Dell, Windows XP OS.
Any solutions to this problem?

Metal Gear Rex
February 14th, 2010, 02:02
Upon calling the file data, if it cannot find it you'll get an error and it will shut down, obviously.

I wonder if we used all custom stuff will there be no need for the RGSS thing. I could possibly attempt this in the next version/chapter, depends if ANR gets the sounds before I finish Chapter 3. With the way things were going for a while, I was sure I'd finish the chapter 3 before he gets the sounds for Chapter 2 however now even I have stopped. Probably should start again, it is a real long chapter, and the finale for this realm.

And yes, Evi is correct, somewhat. Sire, you seem to have the RGSS-RTP as if you didn't receive a message telling you otherwise, however you may be missing some files or something.

And is that a different computer from what you previously used? Either way, try reinstalling the RGSS-RTP.

Sire
February 14th, 2010, 02:35
RGSS redownloaded, reinstalled, everything fixed.
Time to start all over again due to the incompatible save file (and that I got rid of it. :p)

@MGR: While pointless to say, it was on the same computer I played before.

Metal Gear Rex
February 14th, 2010, 02:44
Time to start all over again due to the incompatible save file (and that I got rid of it. :p)

Hmm, did you restart since I told everyone to? If not, well that worked out.

And the restart, I remind everyone, is from the update of Chapter 2's 1.0.

This is because the experience needed for each level has been raised since the game will be much longer than originally expected (Unless you want to reach level 99 by the time the first land mass is completed)

Sire
February 14th, 2010, 03:04
It was due for the reset that you did. I assumed the old save files would be incompatible with the new versions, so I threw it out.
If not... oh well. At least training won't be so long as last time. :)

Metal Gear Rex
February 14th, 2010, 03:11
It was due for the reset that you did. I assumed the old save files would be incompatible with the new versions, so I threw it out.
If not... oh well. At least training won't be so long as last time. :)

I did a test and with the newer version the saves would be useless, that's why I needed everyone to do a restart.

And to be honest, after some calqulations it is actually larger (About 10-25 experiance more) :P

However, it is also shorter.

Since you begin at level 5, it means Ganrgal will do more damage and kill faster than previously, thus gaining you more experiance overall.

So overall, it is shorter.

Metal Gear Rex
February 14th, 2010, 21:11
May be taking a short break for a while from the RPG, gonna write a story for a new friend of mine.

So yeah... see ya...
Ya "You're Banned"/"Word Game" thread spamming bastards. :P

A New Room
February 14th, 2010, 21:14
That is fine with me. I'm probably not going to get much recording done this week anyway :D

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2010, 11:49
Alrighty, a number of things...

1. Sire has obtained the roles of Baron Almeric's subordinates.

Congrats, Sire, you're your own follower, how lonely you are... so fitting for Baron Almeric's actor.

2. Added in Keeper Dementis' mother, Keeper Desilina

So all you Dementis loving fanboys (And girls? O_o, I'd be surprised if we even had any girls in KK) can start dreaming of her too. >:P

3. Also added Goals for Keepers.

Pointless really. All I have to do for most is copy and paste "Goal: World Domination" for each one. :P

This is given only by those Keepers who have an actor, and for those who aren't familiar with the 10 question test, it is question 9 which opens this.
For Keeper Alza, it is simply because Alza wasn't really sure and suggested the possibility of taking over the landmass but nothing more.

And I find it humerous as well as believable that Dementis is a "fangirl" of Deniquexitus since he is actually the greatest Dungeon Keeper to ever live, so you can expect to have a few destructive Dungeon Keeper girls be fantasizing about him every night.

I bet some of you wish you were Deniquexitus right now, hmm? :P
Oh wait, you are! Now the fight for dominance... *Grabs shotgun and eats popcorn while watching battle rage on, ready to kill the winning outcome to become Deniquexitus*

4. Also, I fixed up some stuff here and there on that page.

So now you can read everything and wonder what those changes were, never realizing I just love people reading over and appriating my work. :D

5. Keeper Taloon also is now voiced as well as acted by Duke Ragereaver!

All hail Duke Ragereaver!

Grab a shovel, we need to burry this vampire before he kills us all!

And I pronounce you, Vampire and Keeper. You may now slap the minion. :vampire:

Beware, Dementis has invaded your land! O.O

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And in regards of my last message saying I'd be taking a break, well I can't figure out how to start the story so all you ungrateful selfish little umm...

Soilder: Maggots!

...can be happy that I have managed to get far enough into the Chapter 3 to have a boss, and allow it to be ready for publish as an unfinished chapter since it has a nice break point BUT!!

I will let the antisipation grow... :horny:

PS: I almost forgot to update the post so that Duke was on Taloon's area before posting this... Funny because I was just there to update his Goal... oh wow, I can't believe I missed that. >_<

PPS: Now I sleep... it is 3:49 in the morning here. O_O

Duke Ragereaver
February 15th, 2010, 12:01
3. Also added Goals for Keepers.

Pointless really. All I have to do for most is copy and paste "Goal: World Domination" for each one. :P

This is given only by those Keepers who have an actor, and for those who aren't familiar with the 10 question test, it is question 9 which opens this.
For Keeper Alza, it is simply because Alza wasn't really sure and suggested the possibility of taking over the landmass but nothing more.

And I find it humerous as well as believable that Dementis is a "fangirl" of Deniquexitus since he is actually the greatest Dungeon Keeper to ever live, so you can expect to have a few destructive Dungeon Keeper girls be fantasizing about him every night.

I bet some of you wish you were Deniquexitus right now, hmm? :P
Oh wait, you are! Now the fight for dominance... *Grabs shotgun and eats popcorn while watching battle rage on, ready to kill the winning outcome to become Deniquexitus*

Maybe you can also make a line with characters favorite quotes? And if they have a voice actor it should be linked to an audio file, giving a preview of that character in question.

Grab a shovel, we need to burry this vampire before he kills us all!

If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. :D

Metal Gear Rex
February 15th, 2010, 22:03
Maybe you can also make a line with characters favorite quotes? And if they have a voice actor it should be linked to an audio file, giving a preview of that character in question.

You just want your quote in there, don't you, hmm? :P

If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. :D

Bring in the monks... :monk:

Duke Ragereaver
February 15th, 2010, 22:07
You just want your quote in there, don't you, hmm? :P

Maaaaaaaaaaybe. :D

Metal Gear Rex
February 16th, 2010, 00:35
Oh I just remembered... nobody attempt to use "Cave-In" because it is incomplete.

No data at all on that spell... will add it... eventually...

Anyone up for the role of "Lady Merisa"? She appears in "Winter-Nova" which means she is the next character to be displayed... After "Frostcove" anyways... which all characters have been decided for...

Anyone? PM me for the role.

Oh yeah, I also added Lord Pange's followers down in the Heroes section.

Woo! I can't stop thinking about working on this for some reason!

Let's see, I am currently working on the basic design for Galonn's dungoen, then I will be able to work with some event creatures and creature encounters! :D

Eventually will work around getting something done for the different states that have effect outside of Battle too.

I have done 9/28 rooms so I have 19 more to design!

BREAK TIME!

*Heads over to Duke's RPG*

EDIT: 4:06 AM FEBURARY 16th 2010!

*Posted in Red Crystal Islands, Crystalbarrow Cattacombs, and Northland Iceland RPG Realms in that order...*

BREAK TIME OVER!

I <3 work

Whoops, apparently it was 29 rooms total for Galonn... Heh... Miscount...

Ah well... I got some more done...

6 More Rooms to go! I'm almost done! :D

I added some information in the "Realms and Characters" thread.

"Corruption" and "Purity" are the same thing, basically where they stand or something like that. Also added "Favorite Creature" and "Favorite Hero" for Keepers and Lords/Ladies respectfully.

Gave Lords/Ladies the "Goal".

Added some stuff for "Creatures" and "Heroes" but I can't draw it from my memory as I was tired at the time.

Unfortunately, most of it is set to something like "Unknown" because I haven't updated it yet. I have, however, updated all of the Keepers for Sanctus Regnum. I also gave them more info. Because they don't have tests and actors, I can't get a true feel for their personality. But with these following things to add, I did get a nice feel for them.

For "War of the Dead" Keepers, the only thing, along with the old stuff, that is going to be answered beforehand is the "Corruption"/"Purity" which may be changed if I enjoy the actor's style but don't count on it. Best thing is to ignore that and try your best to get the keeper how you feel you can, I've had one Keeper going for one role and ending up in another which better suited him.

Most of the new stuff added is changed when the keeper takes the test and stuff.

Going to update the "Helping Us Out" thread again to include this info... eventually... I got to get up early tommarrow, so I can't stay up now. D:

I'll be taking a short break from the RPG because I need the time to sort out some issues I am having to deal with, hopefully it won't be long to clear my head.

Metal Gear Rex
March 6th, 2010, 09:56
Alright, I'm gonna be real honest with you; I still haven't done anything on this RPG.

In fact, I've been working on a different one, since yesterday night.

Don't think I've given up, I will go back to the DK RPG during or after I finish this one. This second RPG isn't very long, in fact extremely short in comparison, and there are many reasons why I started it. But I will list 3 of the most important reasons.

---------------

1. The 6 playable characters are based on 6 enemy characters in my book, who I never had time on. I wanted to be able to expand their personality.

2. This is excellent practice for me, I'm approaching things differently as in the DK RPG, and after this I'm going to redo some things and also expand greatly on the Dungeon Keeper RPG's potential abilities.

3. Due to the large amount of work there was to finish the DK RPG, I felt a little weak willed in being able to accomplish it along with alot of other things. This RPG is so short in comparison it feels like nothing, and it is related to my book so strongly that I feel it is perfect. I just needed something to encourage me to do any type of work at all, instead of sitting at the computer, which is where I get everything done (No joke, school included) and trying to run away inside the digital world, running away from the digital world... I'm just glad to get some work done finally.

---------------

For reason number one, yeah from my book. I am already getting great results on that one. Well for starters, I began using some of the DK RPG's resources to my aid, 5 of the characters are named and based off of 5 of the Dungeon Keepers. The last one is based off of an Orc I was gonna use for Duke's RPG.

I used Quina, Tekei, Zuilnia, Keiza, and Molona. The Orc is named Feurso. Yup, 4/6 (16.56%) are female. I did so due to the fact that I felt a little short on woman in there. Well a little, as in a little percentage differance. However due to the overall amount of characters (100+, 200+, I dunno but it is no surprise if it hits those numbers) that is a large amount. That's why, if you haven't noticed, I have been creating alot of females in Duke's RPG, because I eventually will use them in my book! :P

Already I am getting results. I have the intro which I did last night, pretty awesome, but it doesn't go into any of the characters I need so I can't count that. But today as I was making the houses for 2 of the characters in the village they live in, I had to work on character interactions between the two of them (More like thoughts) and each other's belongings.

Since they're based on the Keeper characters, you can see I have little description to work with in that field. I spend an hour of work (I was on the RPG for longer than that but I kept goofing off and also was working on some other stuff too) onto their interactions, and already I have expanded their descriptions on their character.

I have expanded 3 characters, Keiza, Tekei, and Molona. Keiza and Tekei were expanded because of their interactions. But I accidentally got Molona's desire to read alot confused with Keiza's knowledge of medical and engineering stuff that I gave Keiza's house a Library in the basement. I deleted it after realizing this mistake, but I thought of Molona and expanded on her too.

The original discriptions for the characters have all doubled in size, 2 of them going beyond doubled a bit. I'm really impressed on this, this really is giving me good results.

However I have some unfortunate news, I will not release this RPG for a long time. The only time I do, is under the circumstances that I publish my first book, which will be before I finish the DK RPG for sure. The reason is because this is so strongly linked to my book, going into detail and concepts of stuff I renewed from old ideas and created from nothing at all. So for now, all it is is a personal game for self-enjoyment. Yeah not even Evi will play it or see it until that time either, but he did see the intro. That doesn't do much though. I am just careful on that.

---------------

Reason 2, no this won't be as long as reason 1 but-I promise you nothing! >=D

Anyways, this whole time I've been following DK1's style and have been stuck on this idea. And being the stubborn person I am, this changed little. However, luckily I'm less stubborn than my other family, or so it seems, and I have seen the RPG Light. When I get back, I will rebalance everything. This time I will know what I'm doing, because now that I don't have rules to follow, I can easily modify things to make sure they're balanced.

---------------

Reason 3, yeah I've been behind in my other work and have just been feeling down and stuff. This really has been a great help to me in getting work done, I can now actually see myself doing the work and then get started on it, before imagining myself doing work wasn't even possible.

---------------

So yeah, don't expect much for a bit of time. I will, however, upload an updated Chapter 2 with all the changes that I planned to release with Chapter 3, but that depended on A New Room and myself. Since if he got the voices first, I would release it as an updated Chapter 2. But if I finished the Chapter first, I would release it with Chapter 3. Neither progressed much, it seems.

PS: I also find myself a bit obsessed with these new characters, at a possibly unhealthy level. I don't know, I usually feel this strong insane obsession when I begin working in certain fields of my book. I mean I was working on the 5/6th series sections and their style and events, then I went back to 2/3rd, and now I'm back at the 1st working on these. Ah, I often find myself dreaming of entering my world with these refined exciting characters under enemy lines before I fall asleep :mistress:

Metal Gear Rex
March 26th, 2010, 12:13
I haven't opened RPG XP in so long... I've been busy with other more important matters/forgot it existed/didn't have access to it.

I have gotten some new things up my sleeves of evil, and I'd prefer trying out some of these new things that will work well.

Once I get some good time to work on this, I will most likely start over from scratch in order to make the beginning bits even better. And after each chapter I'll go through and update War of the Dead.

Oh and Sire, War of the Dead's name stands. Technically the war began due to the search for the Avatar and Keeper Deniquexitus, who are believed to be dead yet their power is still obtainable.

Edit-
Oh and does someone want the role for Keeper Tekei? I haven't seen Dark_Omega MK2 in a long time (Besides when he logs in and logs out right after, which is weird)

I need a replacement in the case he doesn't appear after I send him a notice.

No reply from Dark Omega, well I guess I'll have to actually Email him... though a PM should send out an Email anyways, unless of course he has that feature disabled.

Now this isn't totally dead, I've had thoughts of coming back but I still desire to think things through. I may also redesign the format for the Realms and Characters thread but once I decide trully on what I want it to look like.

Also, I'm wondering if I should design the first realm to be with the dungeon just beginning out or if I should keep it the way it is with Exussum appearing when the dungeon is built and stuff. Well I'll create a poll for it.

Oh and before I forget, Evi you're fired.

The stressfree time I have from you will make up more than it needs for the extra work I'll do, which you also avoided and were too lazy/busy to do(At this point I really don't care really, before maybe but now not really) in the first place and pushed it off, slowing down progress.

Yay, now I'm free! :D

Finally I'm getting back to work on this thing. After voting 5 stars on all my threads (Yes that was me, and if you value your life you'd best do the same! :horny:) I have began getting new textures.

I'm going to obtain textures for all rooms, wall types, and everything. Some things I was being lazy about before, or rather being lazy about giving the orders to Evi to do so. Well I knew he'd not want to do it anyways, it is a large task for the different textures DK1 has, then I have to get it for all the rooms and stuff.

But I'll do it!

Progress is smooth! Check the file below, this is the graphical stuff I got updated. :)

As you can see, I am now using 3x3 tiles instead of 2x2. Now I'm closer to the original DK. :D

Edit:

Check it out, I got some work done.

I now officially have finished all the terrain work for one DK1 Texture (I call it "Standard Earth")

All I need to do is the Rooms. I don't count coloring walls, by the way. That is more on keeper stuff. When I am ready, I'll release a little test realm thing on a map based off of Eversmile. It'll be real simple, yet show the great potentencial for this project. :)

PS: How do I spell potential? Portencial... whatever... or did I answer my own question? (again)

PPS: The Water and Lava were placed there just to get the right size, the real lava and water are in a sepperate file with a specific format called "Autotiles" or something like that, but they'll animate.

Metal Gear Rex
April 8th, 2010, 04:27
Finally finished the Shields, Helmets, Body Armors of Magical and Physical Defense for the four Weight Classes, Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large.

Yay

How come nobody posts here anymore?

natchoguy
April 8th, 2010, 19:39
we just read silently, waiting for the final result. We don't want to interfere with ur project

Metal Gear Rex
April 8th, 2010, 19:41
There are going to be alot of new features in this example RPG, but it is going to be more than just an example.

I've made some decisions, there are going to be some serious, but good, changes.

natchoguy
April 8th, 2010, 19:53
that''s good to hear, hope it gets finished soon:)

Metal Gear Rex
April 8th, 2010, 20:13
that''s good to hear, hope it gets finished soon:)

It may take a while, but this weekend I'll see how much I can do. Maybe I'll be able to release it next weekend, who knows. I do plan to make it really advanced. :)

Some things to note on the graphical stuff:
Claimed Land needs to be redone
Gold needs to be redone
Gems are okay, but could be better
The torch walls for Earth tiles and reinforced tiles need to be redone/resized
Water/Lava need to be redone
Impentrable rock looks nice
The Earth tiles look pretty good
Dirt path is excellent
Reinforced Walls is also very well done
Treasury Tile and Pillar Look Good
Treasury Wall Design Needs to be redone
Lair Wall Design Needs to be redone
Hatchery Wall Design Needs to be redone
Lair Tiles Look Good
Hatchery Tiles Look Good

I don't mind redoing some of the lesser things, I prefer to do it than allow the game to look bad.

Currently I'm still inputting data for the new creatures and stuff. I'm gonna be far more organized as it is. While I'm doing this, I can get more graphical stuff too. :)

The Hatchery uses the tiles of dirtpath, so I have to "Put it together" but I do have the edge tiles too. It looks pretty good together. :)

When I'm done with the First Map, you'll be able to play as the Heroes or Creatures, playing simply as either a Tunneller, Knight, or Thief on the Hero Side, or an Imp, Beetle, or Fly on the Evil side.

Needless to say, the Hero Side is easier in the first map. :)

natchoguy
April 9th, 2010, 00:47
HERO SIDE? I missed a lot, should re-download

Metal Gear Rex
April 9th, 2010, 01:15
HERO SIDE? I missed a lot, should re-download

Originally it was going to be a forced Evil and Good Side switch, but now I've decided to make it optional on which side. :)

natchoguy
April 9th, 2010, 02:07
got an idea: ur first a rouge, then you become a knight. but u probably already used it

Metal Gear Rex
April 9th, 2010, 02:20
got an idea: ur first a rouge, then you become a knight. but u probably already used it

Oh I forgot about those transformations. >_<

I'm not so sure though, if the player wants to stay a Thief, they can stay a Thief. If they wanted to be a Knight, then they'd level up that far in the first place, right? I'm not sure, I'll think about it.

natchoguy
April 9th, 2010, 02:56
you should include transformations, but optional. in the DK world, it takes time for creatures to decide if they want to transform. sometimes they don't transform at all (had 2 lv10 demon spawns and 1 lv9, never transformed)

Metal Gear Rex
April 9th, 2010, 03:04
you should include transformations, but optional. in the DK world, it takes time for creatures to decide if they want to transform. sometimes they don't transform at all (had 2 lv10 demon spawns and 1 lv9, never transformed)

Don't worry, I know how. I'll give a message at the beginning that will let the player decide. If selected yes, to turn on "Evolving" for the Demon Spawn and Thief. Then I'll have it turn on a "Switch" for that. Then whenever it is to turn the creature into that, it checks the switch.

As for why they sometimes do, it is a script trick.

In the original Dungeon Keeper, levels before Level 10, when the Dragon was introduced, Demon Spawns weren't allowed to train past Level 10 due to the "SET_MAX_LEVEL(DEMONSPAWN,10,PLAYER0)" command in the script.

Ah hah! Yay!

I just finished the data for the Fly and Imp. Their creatures I have data for, their weapons and armors too, plus enemy level 1 Fly and Imp. :)

Jeez, I realize how long it is to get some type of "AI" for the creatures...

A HUGE ASS (As in OMFGWTFHOLYSH*TTHATSALOT) amount of conditional branches and commands and crap...

Luckily, with the way I'm going to design it, I'll only need to do it once. Then I can copy and paste it. :3

I'll probably do a simple set of commands, enough to identify what type of creature it is. Then I'll be sending it off to a "Common Event" or something...

This is going to be really hard... :(

natchoguy
April 9th, 2010, 20:02
I wantzs tooo halpez

Metal Gear Rex
April 9th, 2010, 20:45
I wantzs tooo halpez

Not much you can help with, unfortunately, unless you're good at math.

I need to calqulate the stat percentages to get an increase on the level, as well as determine armor and weapon status.

EDIT:

PS: I have finished the Thief... :)

natchoguy
April 9th, 2010, 21:16
sure but PM me about the leveling system (max for u and in different areas), stats, moves and equipment

Metal Gear Rex
April 9th, 2010, 21:28
sure but PM me about the leveling system (max for u and in different areas), stats, moves and equipment

Well, its not only that but I also prefer to do it myself for several reasons. One of them is that I am willing to redo or check the answers I come up with to make sure they're 100% correct.

Not to mention the time it takes for someone else, and I'm not sure if I can trust those final answers too.

I'm not sure what else to be helped with, alot of it is stuff only I can do as it is inside the actual RPG XP. There was something that can be done, I was looking at an idea for some other mode where I could use this feature.

Basically adding in new creatures, but in order to do this, I need someone who can, at the least, edit the old creatures.

It isn't that hard, I don't need many images in the first place.

YAY!!!

Creature and Hero data is finally input, now I can start designing the map! :D

EDIT:
Oh silly me, I forgot the Dungeon Heart's design. :P

EDIT2:
I had a look around after designing the beginning area, it looks awesome! :D

YES!!!

I got the sound to work! You can now hear the sound of the creature you play as walk!

I'd make all creatures walk, but the problem is the possible lag/sounds bad with all those walking steps to be heard/too tricky with the distance.

Even so, I GOT THE WALKING SOUND TO WORK FOR THE PLAYER!!! :D:D:D

Alright, I'm done for tonight. Its time for me to go night night, byebye. :P

Oh yes, before I go.

Progress, I already have the map designed a bit, and you can enter the realm as the different creatures. Then you can easily leave and be a different creature. Oh and there's a single Imp running around the dungeon heart, don't ask why. He has no purpose... >:D

The Dungeon Heart I'm just getting done, I need to put in all the stuff to do with Keeper Deniquexitus, but pretty much he'll slap you for wasting time. Well, not really... nothing to do in Eversmile.

Well byebye for now. Rawr I iz super kitty staff member, heehee =^.^=

I'm probably the oddest staff member to come around, :P

Edit:

Oh some other things I forgot.

The Payday counter is functioning, but I need to calqulate payday itself for how much gold you get. I also forgot to say sound works good for all evil creatures, and that the speed varies depending on the creature of your choice.

Okay, byebye =^.^=

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2010, 17:12
Alright, due to the vast amount of stuff I got done yesterday, I should be able to finish by next weekend, as long as no problems come up.

I'm gonna be busy with school stuff today, so I don't have much time for it. When I'm done, I'll see how much I'll be able to get done. Same situaton for tommarrow. I don't wanna get kicked out of school. :(

Luckily, I've gotten alot of the serious stuff done. I might be able to get the evil side done very soon too. :)

Oh before I forget, I'll make an option for the Hunger thing at the beginning, as it might be a bit of a hastle for some other players but for me, I'd like to use it. :)

SCREENSHOT TIME!!!

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/EPIC.jpg

Don't worry, it'll be good. :)

PS: When I uploaded it, I saw "An error has occered" part of the image, and thought I messed up the upload XD

EDIT:
Hunger value option added

kyle
April 11th, 2010, 17:27
screeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnshoooooooottttttt :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2010, 17:30
screeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnshoooooooottttttt :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

lol I really don't know how to take screenshots in the game, and I'm too lazy to use my digitial camera. :P

Damn, one more really difficult thing I forgot. I need to get the creatures in there... oh well, shouldn't be too terribly hard.

PS:

I see a bunch of smilies... :) Happy... (:

kyle
April 11th, 2010, 17:32
When your in game press print screen and paste it into paint.

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2010, 17:43
Boom?

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/1.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/2.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/3.jpg

Yeah I did that on purpose, lol. The first one though, was an accident but I kept it cause it looked cool. :D

For the flag, it is temperary. Merely is something to access the Payday feature, I need to change the graphic to something else though, maybe an Imp who works there?

kyle
April 11th, 2010, 17:45
Yusss, Looks badass man. Can you dig as an imp?
Also, how come the imp can collect a payday, imps can't collect pay. :P

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2010, 17:57
Yusss, Looks badass man. Can you did as an imp?
Also, how come the imp can collect a payday, imps can't collect pay. :P

Heh, I felt they should. Luckily it is only you as a creature, other Imps don't mind.

The first image is supposed to be some kind of selection screen, the tile you saw there is basically defining who is in control of that land.

I think you mean dig as an Imp? Certain things I suppose. I really wanted to have you at the begining, where you mind out the dungeon with other Imps. Then the keeper builds the land and stuff but... it would be too complicated. The amount of events and variables needed is too much, the game would simply lag up. The mining could be done, but I would have to calqulate the x/y cordinates otherwise it will be no easy task. It also would be alot of work, I would have to resize the map to make it 84x84 tiles like the game, or rather 256x256, for each map. It could really lag up, and could cut down other features.

Basically, it is too complicated and limiting without the RPG XP's bounderies. It was in my fantasy, but I'll make up for it in other ways, like the creature communication.

Also, the Chickens won't wonder out of the Hatchery. I have variables controlling their position a bit, so they'll forcfully go back into the Hatchery when going too far.

One thing I can do, however, is mimic some kind of mining of a Tunneller... :)

I also am going to have a predefined position of the Lair, until I can get it working otherwise. Also, new creatures from the Portal will arrive randomly. :)

natchoguy
April 11th, 2010, 20:42
make it 7x7 or 5x5 (make it bigger) and add a random encounter (sometimes there is a spider, other times a fly)

Metal Gear Rex
April 11th, 2010, 20:52
make it 7x7 or 5x5 (make it bigger) and add a random encounter (sometimes there is a spider, other times a fly)

Make what bigger?

And is the latter statement for the Portal? Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.

natchoguy
April 11th, 2010, 23:48
hatchery

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 00:37
hatchery

I'm following DK1's original level 1, and I think they intended (Also following my own movement) for the Hatchery to be 3x3.

Next realm will be bigger. :)

Now I just need to get battle background pictures and the background sounds for the rooms, well really just the Hatchery.

Edit:
And Heart Chamber.

kyle
April 12th, 2010, 00:40
Why not have the chickens clucking as the background music?

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 00:54
Why not have the chickens clucking as the background music?

That actually, is what I was gonna do. :P

As you enter and leave rooms, the background sounds will play and fade out respectfully. When you enter a new room, the Battle Background will change, and in either situation it will change a variable. This variable identifies where you will be.

Using this, I can identify if you're in the Lair or not. From there, I will be able to make it so you can create your Lair wherever you want. :)

kyle
April 12th, 2010, 01:00
That would be cool, What about the hatcherys battle music, will that be clucking sounds?

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 01:33
That would be cool, What about the hatcherys battle music, will that be clucking sounds?

Background sounds play in the battle so yes.

natchoguy
April 12th, 2010, 02:17
Is there a way to rebel or "dictate" (make other creatures rebel with you)

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 02:18
Is there a way to rebel or "dictate" (make other creatures rebel with you)

Possibly, I'm not going to go that far just yet. I've had that idea but it may be a bit complex and tricky.

natchoguy
April 12th, 2010, 02:33
well you can present such opportunity (ex): dragon walks up: hey you, tired of this stnkin' dump
You:>ignore
> agree
>battle

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 06:21
VIDEO TIME!!!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHjSkMZZG0g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHjSkMZZG0g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I didn't show all the features, as you can see :P

I'll create a new video for that stuff. :)

Later after I get more features, before (Now) I'm gonna go film my kitties playing. :D

kyle
April 12th, 2010, 15:43
Man that looks great. Seems like a bigger improvement from the one i played (Which was still cool). Got a suggestion

1. When you try to take the money, You should make it so the imp gets moved back a little bit and the slap sound plays and on top of theat make his animation switch to slapped. Then display the message.

and one question :P

Can you place your lair anywhere (Sorry If you said in the video I couldn't hear you very well due to this laptops sound) or does it have to be on the blue orbs.

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 16:32
Man that looks great. Seems like a bigger improvement from the one i played (Which was still cool). Got a suggestion

1. When you try to take the money, You should make it so the imp gets moved back a little bit and the slap sound plays and on top of theat make his animation switch to slapped. Then display the message.

and one question :P

Can you place your lair anywhere (Sorry If you said in the video I couldn't hear you very well due to this laptops sound) or does it have to be on the blue orbs.

Oh yeah the slap, I can do that easily.

No not yet, but I'll make it so. Then I'll create another video showing more features, like the hunger, max gold held, and actual payday.

Duke Ragereaver
April 12th, 2010, 16:39
Looks impressive so far!

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 16:52
Looks impressive so far!

To think I haven't even done the graphical update too! :D

kyle
April 12th, 2010, 16:53
There is gonna be a graphical update?

Thats sweet!

What kind of things are gonna be changed.

Metal Gear Rex
April 12th, 2010, 17:01
Some things to note on the graphical stuff:
Claimed Land needs to be redone
Gold needs to be redone
Gems are okay, but could be better
The torch walls for Earth tiles and reinforced tiles need to be redone/resized
Water/Lava need to be redone
Impentrable rock looks nice
The Earth tiles look pretty good
Dirt path is excellent
Reinforced Walls is also very well done
Treasury Tile and Pillar Look Good
Treasury Wall Design Needs to be redone
Lair Wall Design Needs to be redone
Hatchery Wall Design Needs to be redone
Lair Tiles Look Good
Hatchery Tiles Look Good

The main reason behind a redoing is that it doesn't look right. Notice the Lair walls are darker than the other walls? That's usually a reason, I need to take different snap shots.

Sometimes the background bricks don't look the same size. I take the snap shots and resize them to fit the RPG, but if I don't get the right size, that is the result.

MOAR VIDEOS!!!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9AYaASxuS8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9AYaASxuS8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

WATCH TEH VIDEO!!!

I've demonstrated, as the description says, the Lair function, the Payday function, Max Gold Held function, and Hunger Function.

MeinCookie
April 13th, 2010, 09:37
It really is looking great ;)

I love what your doing with it.

Metal Gear Rex
April 13th, 2010, 17:20
It really is looking great ;)

I love what your doing with it.

Thanks, but why did you delete the other post?

make a heroes video

I deleted the post as I don't think it should be in the news thread, although I can't figure out the move function so... :P

I can't make a heroes video, I'm not even done with the creatures. I must finish the creature one so I have an example of what to follow, plus I can copy and paste certain things (Like the Payday)

MeinCookie
April 14th, 2010, 08:01
Thanks, but why did you delete the other post?

This thread is more appropriate and doesn't clutter news thread =)

MeinCookie
April 15th, 2010, 13:30
I must admit I'm curious... how are you going to progress? what sort of quests will you have?

Metal Gear Rex
April 15th, 2010, 17:56
I must admit I'm curious... how are you going to progress? what sort of quests will you have?

Be patient, I have alot of things bugging me right now. I've yet to have time to even work on the damn thing, and the task I'm tackling now is incredibly large.

MeinCookie
April 15th, 2010, 23:09
I meant that in a story-sense. I'm not asking for progress, but for how story progression will work :o:(

Metal Gear Rex
April 16th, 2010, 00:38
I meant that in a story-sense. I'm not asking for progress, but for how story progression will work :o:(

No progress, but I may scrap the old story and re-create it... not sure though.

kyle
April 16th, 2010, 00:45
I hope you dont scrap the concept though. I love the thought of being a creature in the first level of DK :D

Metal Gear Rex
April 16th, 2010, 00:57
I hope you dont scrap the concept though. I love the thought of being a creature in the first level of DK :D

Of course not, otherwise what's the point of it? There's nothing that makes it special.

natchoguy
April 16th, 2010, 01:45
I want to help with teh stories

MeinCookie
April 16th, 2010, 11:20
By its nature I suppose they would be almost all side-quest style... or it could be quite open with only a few side quests. I dunno. However it plays out it'll still be pretty awesome :D

Metal Gear Rex
April 28th, 2010, 23:35
Okay I've been ignoring this due to being busy and crap. And damn it, the work I have to do is looonnng and boorrrinnng! >:(

Well my school months are sorta 2 months, half of 2 sepperate months (Weird O_o) for everything to be more so balanced. It is always exactly 28 days (4 weeks for those who are teh math noobz (>:P))

Well I explained that so you can understand this. I won't be able to work on the RPG until the end of this school month, which I am in the second week of. (On vacation sorta due to the state testing and me not being allowed (Damn you aloud!) in for normal testing but I got my testing out of the way :D)

Well for those of you who still are clueless/math noobs, that means I'll be done with this month on the 15th... Actually I think something's going on during the last week so I might have that time off too.

So that's when I'll have time... but I'm lazy and I need to catch up on other stuff too, this part being big and boring with my procrastination problem...

Well basically I'll be able to work on it by the 15th or 8th, depending if something is going on durring that last week... but I won't work on it until the next month or unless I get bored until then.

M'kay, hand over your cookies now.

natchoguy
April 29th, 2010, 00:18
you can always ask for help, there are plenty of nice people around here :)

Metal Gear Rex
April 29th, 2010, 00:26
you can always ask for help, there are plenty of nice people around here :)

Nice? I doubt it.

natchoguy
April 29th, 2010, 00:32
hi, I'm a nice person using this guys account:)

Metal Gear Rex
April 29th, 2010, 02:51
Okay being a bit bored I decided to work on the RPG some more!

I didn't think it be that easy... okay never mind, I don't wanna go work on them personalities... I'll do some other stuff on the RPG instead. It's been a while since I peeked at that Keeper/Character/Whatever list...

I hope I don't get side-tracked because I'm hungry. :speed_monster:

I'm on my summer break, haha to all those who have one month to go.

I have time to do stuff now... and umm:

I'm back...

UPDATE OVER!

Once I finish the more complex and advanced stuff that are really custom as they're from Dungeon Keeper (So not your average RPG Maker made game) and then I get to the basic RPG stuff so yeah. :3

natchoguy
May 29th, 2010, 21:37
when is the new release coming out?

Metal Gear Rex
July 1st, 2010, 17:29
when is the new release coming out?

Hell if I know.

Checking over the things I have to do, I realize that this list is actually very small. After all the features I've implimented, there's very little I need to do left.

Right now, I'll see if I can get something out soon and worry about some of the other stuff later. What I mean is that I'll dodge some features and tasks... for now...

I will ignore multiple personalities and the graphical update.

My first priority is getting in a single personality for the Fly and Beetle installed. Then I'll impliment Creature #2-Creature #6. Afterwards, I'll get the actual level in. After all the work before that, this will be nothing in comparison.

In other words... I'm getting very close to releasing something for you.

While you're enjoying that, I'll get the Heroes done. Then I'll do the graphical update, get some more personalities, and fix any reported bugs I recieve along the way.

While looking though the creatures, I became curious about the Vampire's resurrection ability. I did some tests and there are good news. I will be able to get the Vampire to resurrect no problem. He'll have to be at a certain level, just as he usually is, and he won't lose spells or anything. (At least durring the battle, I don't know if this applies to when he exits out of the battle)

In other words, it'll be just like in the original DK1. But there is one thing I can't fix, (Due to the triggers' limitations to turns in battle) is that if the Vampire is the only one alive, and he is defeated, then game over.

Temperairly closed the RPG News thread, (Not that it matters since nobody seems to post there anyways) I'll announce when I re-open it.

On a more RPG-related note, I've checked my To-Do list. There are so little things left for me to do that there is a high chance I will get the RPG done and ready before Saturday. No promises though. If I just keep progressing like I am then it'll all be fine and done before Saturday but there always seem to be time for real life roadblocks :/

EDIT:
Wow, June 3rd... could have sworn it had been much longer since my last discussion post...

As you may know from what I said in the RPG News thread, some things are slowing me down. If you've read the chatbox, you'll get an example.

I'm afraid it is going to take a little while longer than I expected, well much longer actually. I haven't had any time to rest, after dealing with alot of stress on the weekend, I really would like to rest just a little bit. But for some reason, the cats peed on my blanket, I found out last night. It happened that same day, since it didn't smell bad before then. And I couldn't sleep with it, so I slept without anything to cover myself. Then I caught a cold, I don't feel good now and most certainly don't feel well enough to work on the RPG.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/1-1.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/2-1.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/3-1.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/4.jpg

Just a little fun with a new feature I added in, a Party Switcher thing. It works in battle, and when you die you can form a new party from those who are still alive :P

I got lots of stuff, like a tax thing for shops. I can now make discount shops and expensive shops.

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/DarkFire4114/5.jpg

Metal Gear Rex
July 4th, 2010, 11:18
Wow that merged post keeps on getting bigger and bigger.

I've gotten all the tile graphics I need at the moment, and almost all the spell animations are done. Well, all the spell animations are done but there is the one for Flame Breath but I use it as a melee weapon so I dunno if I can consider it a spell so it doesn't count.

Anyway, intro is done and I'm working on the map data for the actual JttAA campaign. I'd show you the intro but... my camera is out of batteries. I can still post the text you see though if you'd like.

MeinCookie
July 22nd, 2010, 11:55
How are things going? Any progress?

Metal Gear Rex
August 15th, 2010, 12:19
How are things going? Any progress?

I stopped replying due to lack of feedback so you don't know this, but I've completely abbandoned the "Dungeon" mode. I instead dived right into the Hero story of the actual JttAA. The Dungeon Mode won't ever be completed, now that I think about it, it was a really stupid idea. Too much effort and not worth it at all.

I won't tell you my progress on the Hero Story, but I will say that I suddenly remembered an idea for a Bomberman game I had quite a while back (Years probably) and back then, I didn't have the abilities to make it. Now I do, and I began getting into that again. I've been working on it since. I already have made a partner who does everything graphical and does it well. An example of his work:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1575/baelfael.png

More can be seen here: http://www.bombermanboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=1648 (Just skip beyond my crap)

It seems there are some people interested in this project of mine. But, anyways, the reason why I suddenly jumped back is because I currently don't have much to do besides brainstorm ideas, and am merely waiting for the tileset of Alcatraz to be completed by him before continuing. It actually seems to kill me a little bit not doing anything at all, I actually enjoy mapping out areas and designing the events inside.

Here is my current list of priorities:

Bomberman RPG Project
Awakening RPG
JttAA RPG

When the Awakening has nothing for me to do, JttAA will proceed in progress. But once he finishes the sprites, I'll be working on that project again and continue the same list of priorities. I won't abbandon neither the Awakening, nor JttAA (Maybe the latter) but they will move slower. Once I've reached a certain point in the Bomberman RPG, JttAA will move up to the same level as the Awakening. And once the Bomberman RPG is at an even farther point, I probably will put them up on the same rank of priorities.

I also will provide a link to the topic I post the Bomberman RPG in my signature once I finish the first chapter of one of the stories, and provide 2 screenshots (On that topic). Once it is downloadable, I really do suggest you check it out, as it is quite an impressive piece of work from what I see, and it isn't even done yet. It will have things JttAA doesn't, and vice versa. I WOULD put these things in JttAA but the reason I can't is simply because I don't have the same abilities in the JttAA as I do in the Bomberman RPG (I need someone to design graphics basically)

Anywho, that is the story. That's what's going on.