PDA

View Full Version : Great News!

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 18:35
I've figured it out how to add working hero portals to a level.

Still have some issues on which I'm working now.

More details soon.

natchoguy
January 3rd, 2010, 18:36
:D отлично! :D tell us moar

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 19:59
Okay, I am able to create a map with 2-5 players with hero portals. Hero portals work as planned. Success rate - 100%. No additional hacking and changing values are needed, I was adding hero portals with the Editor Pro.

More news to come.

natchoguy
January 3rd, 2010, 20:02
Hi, and I have played a map where each keeper starts with a hero portal and they worked. the map is frosty's liar (or the other frosty levels)

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 20:06
Hi, and I have played a map where each keeper starts with a hero portal and they worked. the map is frosty's liar (or the other frosty levels)

Those are maps included by 1.7. They're supposed to work, as they were made by "better" editors.

There was one map not made like that and it was something like Evil Good where you picked which one you wanted.

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 20:08
Exactly, MGR. And Thanks to "Evil One", the creator of this map, I was able to come with my own solution to this problem.

natchoguy
January 3rd, 2010, 20:09
Evil One?

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 20:18
Exactly, MGR. And Thanks to "Evil One", the creator of this map, I was able to come with my own solution to this problem.

I don't remember quite clearly, but I did have a look at the map. I recall he used a trick with the tile changer... if you're using Pro he must have done some tinkering with the actual data of a few rooms. I remember the portal itself looked extremely weird inside the game if you looked at it before claiming either the Fairy or Mistress.

I myself was working my way to getting my own map that uses Heroes from the Portal, but using the Pro Editor I managed to make Heroes come out of the Evil Portal... is that a trick similar to what Evil One used or something you are using as well?

PS: Inside the Evil Good map I actually cheated by getting the Mistress and Fairy simultaneously.

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 20:38
Nope :D that's absolutely unrelated ;D Tell you, I've added portals normally, through Editor. Click and put. No funny shit.

Evil One, yes, a quite talented map creator. He had a website on Geocities.

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 21:20
Okay, here what you can do with the map that has HP's.

YOU CAN:

- change map size

- add creatures

- add players

- add triggers

- add traps/doors

YOU CAN'T:

- edit GLOBALS

- edit VARIABLES

I'm sorry, but that's how it works with my method. Better than nothing I think. I'll post a manual soon. Need some more final testing.

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 21:33
Fighting to make the Globals and Variables work.

Even if I succeed, don't expect an easy solution. Adding different Globals and Variables to maps with HP will be very difficult.

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 22:10
LOL my map files are fighting a civil war against each other ;D

DK2 is such a funny game. Programmer wise. It's so illogical.

Anyway, I failed to make Variables and Globals work, well, not a big loss anyway, You still have 80% of all other functions working. Starting to write a manual on how to create levels with Hero Portals.

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 22:40
Got another crazy idea how to make Variables and Globals dance. Trying...

MeinCookie
January 3rd, 2010, 22:52
Good luck ;)

Hapuga
January 3rd, 2010, 23:08
Damn, no luck here.

Globals override Variables, and "filename".kwd overrides Globals, and Variables ovverride that file.... So if you have a map made in the Official Editor which is known for spoiling KWD files, you have your map messed :D But because Variables is the only file that contains data about HP, when being overrided it stops responding. As such, Globals cannot be used because they block out Variables. Why? Don't ask me, that simply SHOULDN'T be like that :D Crazy, crazy, crazy.

I want that weed developers were smoking while making this game :D

Anyway, continuing with the manual.

Ah yes, it's not 80% but 75%, because alliances do not work too, they are bound to goddamn Variables.