PDA

View Full Version : The Cheapest Trick

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 21:57
I just discovered the cheapest trick ever...

What is more powerful than a Black Knight, Dark Angel, Royal Guard, and King Reginald?

What lasts longer than the Horned Reaper and Stone Knight?

It is the Vampire.

The Vampire in DK2 trains faster than the DK1 Vampire and needs only to be level 2 to resurrect. On top of that, they use Melee unlike their DK1 counterparts and thus deal deadlier damage. MUCH deadlier damage. 666 is alot for a level 1 Vampire eh?

In DK2, you can get a 3x3 temple to start sacrificing, that only needs 9 Gold Blocks to build, or 27000 gold. You can build a Combat Pit from the beginning, and begin spamming Black Knights. But why stop there? Start sacrificing them in 2 and you can get a Vampire. I used to slap them to death in a Prison but I am limited to about 8 Vampires. This allows me to get infinite Vampires because Vampires don't count against my creature limit and those Black Knights will just keep coming...

This is similar to the Skeleton army spam except these are Vampires and worth more than 5 skeletons at level 1, more than 10 skeletons at level 2, and 20 skeletons at level 3. And for every 2 skeletons you can get 1 Vampire... quite a threat huh?

I wanted to inform you all because this is really something to be taken out of on Multiplayer Games...

Duke Ragereaver
January 3rd, 2010, 22:04
This is a known trick for a long, LONG time, and I strongly disagree with your statement, and not because I just like vampires.

In DK2, you can get a 3x3 temple to start sacrificing, that only needs 9 Gold Blocks to build, or 27000 gold. You can build a Combat Pit from the beginning, and begin spamming Black Knights. But why stop there? Start sacrificing them in 2 and you can get a Vampire. I used to slap them to death in a Prison but I am limited to about 8 Vampires. This allows me to get infinite Vampires because Vampires don't count against my creature limit and those Black Knights will just keep coming...

You know what this means in the first place? You must be prepared to sacrafice alot of time and effort in this. This will set you back in training your vampires, who are already a pain, against your opponents who have already got a well equiped and high level black knight army. This tactic is bad in small maps or maps where you are forced to be agressive and are likely to run into your opponents. It is, however, quite good when given some time.

tehbassdemon
January 3rd, 2010, 22:56
That's not the cheapest trick. The cheapest trick is the one in single player where you can enter the enemy dungeon without being attacked.
If people don't know how I shall explain but if it's already been mentioned please say so I can delete the explanation.

Basically what you have to do is get a creature so angry that they start to leave (this trick is probably best with bile demons seen as they're slow and get angry quickly). Before it reaches the portal give it money. This makes it happy and stops it going to the portal. There should still be an arrow above it's head though. This creature won't do stuff but what you can do is possess it and walk straight onto the enemy dungeon withought getting attacked (apart from traps). Then you simply have to hack at the enemys dungeon heart till you've won the level.

This trick works because when the creature goes to to the portal the computer stops seeing it as your creature. When you give it money it prolongs this state. So when you possess it and enter the enemy dungeon the computer sees you as a neutral character so doesn't attack you (you aren't a threat to them it's like the borg). This same glitch can also be seen when the computer gets their creatures to the same state It'll drop them into combat but they don't really attack you and when you defeat the enemy keeper the creatures stand there petrified until you decide to kill them. The computer still doesn't see them as it's creatures.

I don't know whether this glitch was taken out in later versions but it certainly is the cheapest trick. I seriously recommend not using it though as it ruins the game.

Metal Gear Rex
January 3rd, 2010, 23:51
There is also a glitch.

If you manage to pull this off, you are practically invincible.

Possessing simultaniousy to a creature dying. I got it to happen twice. Then they are a dead body invicible yet can still attack.

tehbassdemon
January 4th, 2010, 18:26
yeah but the my glitch is far easier to pull off. Therefore kind of worse:D. It's also quite an obvious glitch I don't know why the makers of the game didn't get rid of it.

Metal Gear Rex
January 4th, 2010, 18:30
In the later versions it doesn't allow you to possess creatures like that.

Ðârk Âñgêl
January 6th, 2010, 20:29
What is more powerful than a Black Knight, Dark Angel, Royal Guard, and King Reginald?

What lasts longer than the Horned Reaper and Stone Knight?

It is the Vampire.

sry, but these statements are big bull kaka!

vamp more powerful than da, royal guard and king ? wtf ? what game do you play ?

Metal Gear Rex
January 6th, 2010, 20:37
sry, but these statements are big bull kaka!

vamp more powerful than da, royal guard and king ? wtf ? what game do you play ?

The Vampire's resurrecting ability. In DK2 it has been pushed to broken levels.

Ðârk Âñgêl
January 6th, 2010, 20:58
but vamps arent more powerful in battle.

and this trick is known for a long time. but its fun.
make a 4 player match and let everyone do this trick. tell me if you manage to play longer than 5 mins :D

Madkill
January 7th, 2010, 00:47
A true keeper doesn't zerg rush, they mix up their creatures because they don't want to learn cheap tricks in order to win with such dishonesty.

Screw your Vampire massing, Dark Angel massing and Black Knight Massing. (What are you? Some kind of boring AI opponent?)

Bile Demons, Mistresses and Trolls are an unstoppable combination if you know what to do with them.

the Popes new army : Monk
February 2nd, 2010, 17:56
bile demons and mistress get bashed by stronger lads, but in combination with the insane troll i admit ure unstoppable ;)

the only combination i think is stronger, would be the imp + giant, since they can pick imps up- wow! Possibly gobs and trolls are stronger too, since gobs are smaller than biles- and troll even smaller ! u get me?