PDA

View Full Version : Aliens versus predator

kyle
January 4th, 2010, 01:24
Hey, im a huge fan of the Aliens, Predator and AvP franchise (I prefer the aliens). Currently a third AvP video game is set to release in Feb sometime,
This isint really anything to do with DK, just seeing if anyone else is a fan and is getting the game.

Here are some screenshots of the game (looks BRILLIANT)

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/aliens-vs-predator-3-screenshot-big.jpg

http://static2.videogamer.com/videogamer/images/xbox360/aliens_vs_predator/screens/aliens_vs_predator_3.jpg

And a Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8RM1udgiY&feature=fvw

:)

A New Room
January 9th, 2010, 05:34
The game looks pretty interesting, and the Alien movies are F(udging) awesome.

But the AVP movies are pretty much just terrible...

kyle
January 9th, 2010, 17:43
Yea, i lurv de aliens. The aliens versus predator movies, well i thought the first one was ok but the second one sucked bad.

Hapuga
January 9th, 2010, 17:49
something tells me that as all follow-up games, it's going to be another trash.

Well, who knows. Maybe not.

kyle
January 9th, 2010, 18:04
By follow up game, do you mean a movie game? because they have me 2 previous aliens versus predator and they are not related to the movie. The two previous games where brilliant. Im expecting this one to be.

Evi
January 9th, 2010, 18:26
I played AvP2, and I eagerly await for this new one. :D

This game might be the reason I get a new Video Card.

kyle
January 9th, 2010, 22:58
If you have an xbox, you should get it for that and mabye we can pla together :D

74America
January 13th, 2010, 23:18
Ever played StarCraft? :D

Terrans = Humans
Protoss = Predators
Zerg = A L | E N S

I <3 AvP though. Its always awesome to see Aliens and Predators duke it out. HISS! GWAR! :eek:

Nimgul
January 14th, 2010, 02:04
I would like to say that Starcraft is Awesome. That is all.

A New Room
January 14th, 2010, 02:28
Weird as it sounds, there are is way too much Alien and Predator in Alien vs Predator.

J.3.rry
January 14th, 2010, 16:45
Hell yes! Another great game... i hope it will be good enough to live up to Avp 1 and 2!

A New Room
January 21st, 2010, 21:14
I really hope they don't tone down the Alien's acid blood. The Predator in the first AVP movie who draws on his forehead would have lost all brain (and possibly head) function if that had been the really deal.

Madkill
January 22nd, 2010, 00:23
Marines for the win!

A New Room
January 22nd, 2010, 01:35
Its odd, in the title there is no plural for the Predator, making it out there is only one Predator :P

Good luck with that mandible man, you about to get all your gear melted and if you survive that there are plenty of beats that will come from meat-head Marines Screaming "You're one ugly Mother F**ker!".

Poor ickle Predator... :D

kyle
January 22nd, 2010, 13:25
lol, Yea the blood looks better than it did in avp2. In avp2 all that happened is if you stood on an aliens dead corpse you'd suffer 5 damage every 2 seconds. In the new one coming out it sprays everywhere.

Madkill
January 22nd, 2010, 15:54
A new C&C, a new AvP, a new HL.

Its just like old times. All the way back to 2000/2001

A New Room
January 22nd, 2010, 16:13
A new C&C, a new AvP, a new HL.

A New Room :D

Madkill
January 22nd, 2010, 18:11
A New Room :D

How many times...

A New Room
January 22nd, 2010, 18:28
But yeah this game actually looks very good, I think I may preorder it on steam (yay! free stuff)

kyle
January 23rd, 2010, 16:27
but, but but am i the only one getting it for xbox? :(

A New Room
January 23rd, 2010, 16:37
It will make the feeling of isolation that much more intense :p

kyle
February 4th, 2010, 08:14
Awesome! Aliens versus preedator demo will be released today for all platforms. (Multiplayer only)

dotted
February 4th, 2010, 09:48
Awesome! Aliens versus preedator demo will be released today for all platforms. (Multiplayer only)

its already out

Reaper
February 4th, 2010, 19:38
I've heard they have introduced a new lame 'instant kill' button, which means aliens/predators can kill anyone with one blow... :confused:

natchoguy
February 4th, 2010, 20:18
It's a special move Alien:bite head off Predator:rip head off Human: shove gun into mouth and bang

kyle
February 4th, 2010, 20:21
Just finished playing the demo, very balkanced game play(Even with "One - Kill" button.

Evi
February 15th, 2010, 21:58
I recently (Five days ago) downloaded the demo for this game and played.

I was first forced to play as a Marine, due to my stupid brain, and had a bit of difficult time at first. The radar is your FRIEND!

I got somewhat used to the Marine's controls and switched to the Alien. OM NOM NOM NOM! :D

Otherwise, the game-play is alot more better than the previous two games. Can't wait to buy it when it comes out.

Yeah, so if anyone wants to fight me in a match, my Steam tag is Evifire. Metal Gear Rex, I'm looking at you. :dog::dog:

( Also, yes, I purposely brought this thread back to life. >:] )

kyle
February 16th, 2010, 11:36
its out in 3 days for europe. tommorow for north america.

A New Room
March 18th, 2010, 23:44
I dunno the game seems to be getting quite a few poor reviews, is it worth getting?

The demo I played of it felt rather uncomfortable to handle.

natchoguy
March 19th, 2010, 00:18
Ur just getting used to it, I have a game that at first I was WTF is this SH**
but now it's extremely fun

A New Room
March 19th, 2010, 00:23
How often do you play it now?

natchoguy
March 19th, 2010, 00:26
practically every day but it comes with annoying missions forcing me to restart

natchoguy
March 19th, 2010, 00:29
I was planning on replacing it with HOMM2

Evi
March 19th, 2010, 00:51
This game is getting alot of shit from other reviewers and people who just vote Zeros because they can.

In my opinion, it's pretty fun.

Right now, Rebellion needs to release the patches for the game, which will improve the game's weak points massively.

A New Room
March 19th, 2010, 00:58
Wait I'm confused, was natchoguy talking about AVP or something complete different? :confused:

natchoguy
March 19th, 2010, 01:00
another thing

A New Room
March 19th, 2010, 01:48
another thing

I'll admit that could be seen as a tad bit irrelevant if not completely off topic :p

This game is getting alot of shit from other reviewers and people who just vote Zeros because they can.

In my opinion, it's pretty fun.

Right now, Rebellion needs to release the patches for the game, which will improve the game's weak points massively.

What are the weak points in you opinion?

Evi
March 19th, 2010, 02:00
What are the weak points in you opinion?

The weak points is the multiplayer lag, and lack of maps.

The lag is kinda rare for me, than it is for others, like you're fighting this one guy and suddenly he uses the behind 'E' grab and instant kills you. Not everyone has this problem.

The lack of maps, while some of it is fun for a long time. It will soon become a bit boring with the same maps being played over and over.

On that topic. the singleplayer needs a 'Custom Map' option...

It just needs some fixing/patching, and it'll be a AWESOME game. :D

Evi
March 22nd, 2010, 20:54
Good news!

Rebellion finally patched AvP up. :D

zaikantos
April 17th, 2010, 12:09
I just love the newest one, Aliens FTW.
Gotta love teaming up in multiplayer. Triple Alien = Rampage!

Henry Langdon
July 11th, 2010, 08:33
Put aliens in the dungeon keeper 3 ( this is a joke ) lol

A New Room
July 11th, 2010, 11:32
Heh I don't really think 20th Century Fox would let us have the licence :P

Necror
July 11th, 2010, 15:05
Put aliens in the dungeon keeper 3 ( this is a joke ) lol
I would prefer Robots as a joke.

Henry Langdon
September 5th, 2010, 17:27