PDA

View Full Version : Some elite creatures were meant to be included in campaign

DragonsLover
January 4th, 2010, 03:21
I don't know if someone has discovered that before, but by listening to the speeches of every DK2 level, I discovered that in some campaign levels, some elite creatures were meant to be included through portals because there was a speech that mentioned their introduction into the levels. Here's the list:

GRUBB - Level6b - Speech ID 34
BZZZT - Level7 - Speech ID 14
DOMINIQUE - Level9 - Speech ID 15
FURNACE - Level11abc - Speech ID 20
BANE - Level12 - Speech ID 14
ALMERIC - Level13 - Speech ID 20
GERVAISE - Level14 - Speech ID 17
KNUD - Level15ab - Speech ID 15
KESSLER VAN DOOM - Level16 - Speech ID 35
ZENOBIA - Level18 - Speech ID 15
KALEB - Level19 - Speech ID 12
ZACHARIAH - Level20 - Speech ID 16

I also saw there were some speeches by Horny, but I never really tried to call for his help to test if we hear him.

I guess I'll do an unofficial patch for DK2 like I did for DK1. I started by doing some slightly modifications and I guess I'll also compare the variables between every version of DK2, but it will take me a huge time and I don't think I'll be able to correct every bug.

Metal Gear Rex
January 4th, 2010, 07:47
I knew about them before because I was bored one day. :P

That Dark Mistress in the Impenitrable rock you need to build a Torture Chamber to is probably it.

There's a Salamander over towards the East (Level 10) trapped inside some earth in a small Lava puddle. Best guess. :P

There's a level 5 skeleton inside the Hero Fort behind a locked door. He's the highest level skeleton to find and appears like the Heroes wanted him kept locked away...

This one is actually already in there. In Level15b if you mine to the south you'll see him. He already has a speech and is elite.

I believe there is a Graveyard to the East protected by Fear Traps and a nearby set of Monks more to the west. A Level 5 Vampire is there.

I'm not sure but I think there was a Guard Room somewhere with her. I'm not too familiar with this map.

Kaleb is probably the Black Knight you find in the neutral Combat Pit when you mind the gold surrounding you.

This one is that secret Dark Angel already in the map. The speech is there but he is not elite. Funny the speech was there in Version 1.3 and it went through up to 1.7 yet still no one fixed it.

Hapuga
January 4th, 2010, 09:33
I don't know if someone has discovered that before, but by listening to the speeches of every DK2 level, I discovered that in some campaign levels, some elite creatures were meant to be included through portals because there was a speech that mentioned their introduction into the levels. Here's the list:

GRUBB - Level6b - Speech ID 34
BZZZT - Level7 - Speech ID 14
ALMERIC - Level13 - Speech ID 20
GERVAISE - Level14 - Speech ID 17

I also saw there were some speeches by Horny, but I never really tried to call for his help to test if we hear him.

I guess I'll do an unofficial patch for DK2 like I did for DK1. I started by doing some slightly modifications and I guess I'll also compare the variables between every version of DK2, but it will take me a huge time and I don't think I'll be able to correct every bug.

I will love if you'll fix two things.

-Transfer aggressive 1.51 AI to 1.73

-Fix The Editor so that it would stop cutting map files. This is the only reason why Hero Portals are so hard to make workable. About 5 kilobites of code data is thrown away by the editor when it creates a new map.

EDIT: By the way, elites are added to map without any problems, either through putting or through triggers. So there is no problem with making campaign maps having those creatures in DK2 1.6 and higher.

DragonsLover
January 5th, 2010, 05:04
-Transfer aggressive 1.51 AI to 1.73

I don't have the data files from 1.51 version. If you have them, I'd be pleased to get them. But still, is the AI that different?

-Fix The Editor so that it would stop cutting map files. This is the only reason why Hero Portals are so hard to make workable. About 5 kilobites of code data is thrown away by the editor when it creates a new map.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd have the capabilities to correct that bug.

Hapuga
January 5th, 2010, 11:46
I can send you all the necessary files if you tell me exactly what you need.

Madkill
January 5th, 2010, 13:53
The AI in 1.73 works fine though. :spider:

Hapuga
January 5th, 2010, 15:08
orly. Well, AI in 1.3 is "finer" then.

Madkill
January 5th, 2010, 15:16
That's just being spoilt.

Play against others over Hamachi if you want someone who can put up more of a fight. :spider:

Hapuga
January 5th, 2010, 17:11
Oh, so there are probably zounds of players awaiting for a game online!

Come on, be realistic. Or stop being a lil' troll.

Metal Gear Rex
January 5th, 2010, 19:11
Both of you quit it before this gets too out of hand.

DragonsLover
January 6th, 2010, 00:22
Come on... :mad:

Hapuga: Send me the "editor" folder simply. It contains all the Global Data and all the Levels data. Thank you!