PDA

View Full Version : A new campaign

Hapuga
January 4th, 2010, 19:37
I'm redoing the campaign for DK2.

anyone interested - jump in.

Planned features:

-Greatly increased difficulty. No more walk in the park.

-Changed layout of every mission. Have the feeling of playing another campaign.

-Rivals. Added other keepers who, as much as you, want to get to the Overworld to kkkkill!

-More intense gameplay. Feel the game. No more build A to attract B to kill C.

-New bonus levels! :D I have some ideas you'll really like.

-A huge comeback. I will implement features that developers wanted, but due to some reasons, did not put in the campaign.

-Elimination of bugs. It is clearly seen by the structure of DK2 campaign levels that this game was made in a hurry. What a mess. Trees with long branches of triggers, some of which either don't lead anywhere, or put incorrectly, or crash the editor. My aim is to eliminate these bugs. I hope that this will significantly reduce the crashes while playing campaign missions.

For example, the reason you could not finish level 1 is that the trigger "when dying" that would lead you to victory was set to the Lord of the Land. Duh! LoL does not have a "dying" state like normal creatures, he dies immediately! Lots of bugs of this sort.

Help appreciated.

Needed:

Idea generators
Skilled mapmakers, well familiar with DK2 Editor Pro
Artists to make layouts of levels

Progress:

Level 1 - ready!

natchoguy
January 4th, 2010, 19:38
Hi

Hapuga
January 4th, 2010, 19:45
get on skype

Hapuga
January 4th, 2010, 22:48
/bump

Metal Gear Rex
January 4th, 2010, 23:07
I can be good for ideas and I'm pretty familiar with Pro but I can't do anything until after Thursday.

Hapuga
January 4th, 2010, 23:12
You can gather up your ideas. Nacho is quite busy now too. Just think about it once in a while.

I would like to warn you, I have put some limitations.

We are redoing the campaign. This means, that all key events should be left where they are. All speeches are preferably to stay. This meand that you can't have, say, a war against keepers on the level 19, which is supposed to be for capturing heroes. You may however, have other keepers in this map.

natchoguy
January 5th, 2010, 03:31
and I think we will make maps which will help you use creatures,traps spells better (me I still WTF with the lever trap)

Hapuga
January 5th, 2010, 11:21
That is not a bad idea after all. Make a map layout in the editor, put all the things and tell me what features you would like to have. I will (as much as possible) copy those details in the official levels.

NOTE! I make new levels by changing original ones. I do not create a new map and then work with it, no. THere are too many triggers, It will take me weeks and weeks to copy them all manually. It takes me quite a while to study them and eliminate bugs.

As such, if too many triggers are bound to a certain location, I will not change it. So for example, If there zounds of triggers in the south-east, and the DH is in the same spot, I will try to keep it there in the new map.

Something like this.