PDA

View Full Version : Found a programmer!

kyle
January 5th, 2010, 21:51
Hey, i decided it might be a good idea to put out a "Help wanted" on the Game Dev forum for programmers. I have gotten a reply from a programmer. Here is the message he sent

Hi Kyle,

I'm interested in helping you with the programming for your DK clone, the problem is that my time is very limited, but I would like to help with what I can. And when I cant contribute with time I can probably answer most questions your programmers will have.

The art you showed in the thread looks really good, and your current programmers seems to know enough to pull this off, being a DK fan I would really like to see this being playable :)

About me,
24years old, living in Stockholm, Sweden.
Currently starting up a game company, used to work for Grin until it went under. Been programming for 10+ years, know C++,LUA,AS,HLSL, now mainly focused on Graphic Rendering with DirectX.

Sorry for the messy PM, but I hope you got the most of it :)

What do you guys think.

natchoguy
January 5th, 2010, 22:12
yay

A New Room
January 5th, 2010, 22:40
"Grin" :D

Blutonium
January 6th, 2010, 07:49
starting up a game company eh? :o

thanks New Room, you have brought us a lot of help so far! :)

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 09:10
thanks New Room, you have brought us a lot of help so far! :)

I think you should be thanking Kyle...

either that or those words sound unconformably close to "But I'm sorry we're going to have to let you go... YOU ARE FIRED" :confused:

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 10:36
Hey, another person responded to the help wanted thread i put up. A concept artist. Here is the email he sent me.

-------------

Hi ,I have played one old dungeon keeper game and surely enjoyed. I would like to help you out making a sequel, but I'm already on another project, so the best I could do is draw some simple concept art (not wallpaper quality). I can send you a link of one of my previous drawings so you can ask for similar (better) drawings if you want.

http://stashbox.org/760426/style2.JPG
http://stashbox.org/760428/style3.JPG

------------

What do you guys think?

Walkerz
January 6th, 2010, 10:57
I think we should take all the help we can get, the more, the merryer.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 10:58
Yea, i agree also.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 12:23
Ok i need your help guys, one of moderators wont get off my case about permissions and says we need to PM him written permission if i wish the help wanted thread top remain open.

Look: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=558182

I remember Dotted saying we have permission, but is their any written proof?

Duke Ragereaver
January 6th, 2010, 12:34
Look here (http://z9.invisionfree.com/Keeper_Klan_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2512). Other than this I cannot find any source to verify this.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 12:39
That is great man, ill try showing him that. I have got a feeling he wont leave me alone until he see's photos of shaking hands with EA or something.

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 12:44
I have got a feeling he wont leave me alone until he see's photos of shaking hands with EA or something.

I can try to do that in Photoshop :D

Duke Ragereaver
January 6th, 2010, 12:45
That is great man, ill try showing him that. I have got a feeling he wont leave me alone until he see's photos of shaking hands with EA or something.

Well, my guess is you are going to need something more... recent.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 12:49
How do we actually know that we have permission, do we own any proof that we are aloud to do this?

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 12:50
I can try to do that in Photoshop :D

Great :D Photoshop in some imps also to close the deal.

Madkill
January 6th, 2010, 12:55
A swede?! Awesome. Let'im in! Let'im in!

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 12:56
*Beats the Imps for being in picture*

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 13:20
A swede?! Awesome. Let'im in! Let'im in!They must come to us :/

Blutonium
January 6th, 2010, 13:51
oops - sorry, yes - thanks Kyle :p

I think these worms i'm swallowing alive is starting affect my brain now :o

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 14:04
lol, its k bluto. He wont stop he has now sent this:

You mean an EA employee seriously replied to a legal-related E-mail with just "As long as ur not selling for profit, ur fine"? Would you be able to provide me with the E-mail address of the person you contacted (Via a PM)?

I'm not trying to be deliberately awkward, but you haven't provided any real proof that you have permission to use EA's IP, and using their IP without firm permission will land you with a cease and desist letter from EA if you're not careful.

Duke Ragereaver
January 6th, 2010, 14:58
Well, I admit it is sorta shady that we've been granted 'permission' without any problem.

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 15:06
I am Feelin' kinda down now...

Legal stuff really is anoying sometimes :mad:

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 15:13
We should contact EA and get this cleared up. Like permission in writing. Because, if we spend years developing this and the only thing we get out of it is a Cease and Desist letter from EA. People are gonna be pissed.

Kopavel
January 6th, 2010, 15:15
Eh, just reformulate thread title at gd.net.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 15:16
To what?

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 15:18
Even if we do change the name, the moderator will continue to complain about the content of the game (Creatures ect.)

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 15:21
We should contact EA and get this cleared up. Like permission in writing. Because, if we spend years developing this and the only thing we get out of it is a Cease and Desist letter from EA. People are gonna be pissed. Could try contacting EA UK (http://www.isurrey.co.uk/profile/110058/Chertsey/Electronic-Arts/email/). :o

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 15:24
Yea, Im not writing the email though. As im not too good at that :D

Madkill
January 6th, 2010, 15:47
I think the project leader should be the one who does it. Not just anyone who thinks that this would be a good way in trying to help.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 15:51
Yea, another reason i don't want to do it. One of the project leaders should see to this.

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 15:55
Yea, another reason i don't want to do it. One of the project leaders should see to this.

Also I think most people here are terrified of EA (I know I am O.o).

Kopavel
January 6th, 2010, 15:58
Folks at the forum are correct - you either need to get permission from EA, or rethink the idea of making a DK replica.
For now, just get rid of "WE HAVE PERMISSION!!!111" phrases from gd.net thread :-)

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 20:20
tbh I don't think we'll ever get "official" permission from EA. I do reckon that simburgr was being truthful in what he posted. Using ur instead of your and having small email legnths seems too informal for someone to have made it up (I don't think anyone on this forum is that stupid) because it doesn't seem like someone would say it (why would anyone think they could get away with it unless it was real). Plus people in EA don't have much time for emailers I've sent emails to EA and other companies about other stuff and always got really short answers back.
EDIT: on second thoughts he might just have been paraphrasing

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 20:38
tbh I don't think we'll ever get "official" permission from EA. I do reckon that simburgr was being truthful in what he posted. Using ur instead of your and having small email legnths seems too informal for someone to have made it up (I don't think anyone on this forum is that stupid) because it doesn't seem like someone would say it (why would anyone think they could get away with it unless it was real). Plus people in EA don't have much time for emailers I've sent emails to EA and other companies about other stuff and always got really short answers back.
EDIT: on second thoughts he might just have been paraphrasing

The problem I can see is that the guy in Sim's emails doesn't really speak for EA as a whole. I mean for all we know he is just a person from EA LA :/

MeinCookie
January 6th, 2010, 20:40
If EA were going to bother shutting you down, wouldn't they have done so already?

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 20:40
I disapprove it all. I can show you some emails that I got for Blizzard. And you'll be amazed with their accuracy and politeness.

No "ur" and "yeah".

How can't you understand, that it is a fake. I don't want to put an emphasis on the fact that most of you here are too young, and probably did not work for a serious company because it would sound discriminating.

However, I want you to understand that there is such thing called "company's image". It includes many things from dressing code to writing response emails to customers.

EA is a too serious institution to write back an email in that way. Such email would damage the company's prestige. Plus, it is rather unceremonious to talk to a stranger in such a way. I am not their friend. We didn't drink in the same bar.

It's like if a Bently agent would come to you and say "yoo duude, check up da new wheels we have, mon! Nice stuff I say, man, you surely wanna buy this baby!"

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 20:47
So what is gonna happen now?

Metal Gear Rex
January 6th, 2010, 20:47
I disapprove it all. I can show you some emails that I got for Blizzard. And you'll be amazed with their accuracy and politeness.

No "ur" and "yeah".

How can't you understand, that it is a fake. I don't want to put an emphasis on the fact that most of you here are too young, and probably did not work for a serious company because it would sound discriminating.

However, I want you to understand that there is such thing called "company's image". It includes many things from dressing code to writing response emails to customers.

EA is a too serious institution to write back an email in that way. Such email would damage the company's prestige. Plus, it is rather unceremonious to talk to a stranger in such a way. I am not their friend. We didn't drink in the same bar.

It's like if a Bently agent would come to you and say "yoo duude, check up da new wheels we have, mon! Nice stuff I say, man, you surely wanna buy this baby!"

If it was a fake what held you back so long from saying something? And I think we all know about a company's image. We're not stupid.

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 20:49
yes Hapuga it probably isn't EA I think that's clear but I don't think they're fake. It could still be someone who works for EA. In emails that are written representing the company they make them official but if it's from one person in the company then it's probably not going to be incredibly formal. EA's got a corperate image to uphold but if someone who doesn't necerssarily represent the entire company sends the email then they don't have the same corperate image to uphold. Just because it's informal doesn't necerssarily mean it's fake it just means it's probably not official and that is what I said we will probably never get officail permission from EA.

MeinCookie
January 6th, 2010, 20:50
lol, its k bluto. He wont stop he has now sent this:

You mean an EA employee seriously replied to a legal-related E-mail with just "As long as ur not selling for profit, ur fine"? Would you be able to provide me with the E-mail address of the person you contacted (Via a PM)?

I'm not trying to be deliberately awkward, but you haven't provided any real proof that you have permission to use EA's IP, and using their IP without firm permission will land you with a cease and desist letter from EA if you're not careful.

MeinCookie
January 6th, 2010, 20:53
Yeah, but an employee in the mod/copyright section is representing the company. It isn't like hes gonna hand out copyrights like candy without consulting any higher ups.

Khashul
January 6th, 2010, 21:02
Surely it's not a difficult thing to get around? Just change the names of things and if you ever get permission change them at a later date. As long as you dont tag the game with the name Dungeon Keeper you will be fine.

E.g Horny, Horned Reaper becomes the Reaper.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:09
yes Hapuga it probably isn't EA I think that's clear but I don't think they're fake. It could still be someone who works for EA. In emails that are written representing the company they make them official but if it's from one person in the company then it's probably not going to be incredibly formal. EA's got a corperate image to uphold but if someone who doesn't necerssarily represent the entire company sends the email then they don't have the same corperate image to uphold. Just because it's informal doesn't necerssarily mean it's fake it just means it's probably not official and that is what I said we will probably never get officail permission from EA.

Oh god. Okay.

First of all, each and every employee is responsible for holding a company's image on a certain level. Especially, when it comes to PR. This is for one.

I am a customer. I want to get information on some details that do not just create a buy-trade relationship, but go even deeper, requesting the usage of company's own material for personal purposes. This is highly important to understand. I can't understand how can't you see this.

That email should have been extra formal. Otherways, it's some teenager's crap.

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 21:10
look in my opinion at the momment we have 2 options:
1) We get simburgur to verify the authenticity of the email
or if that fails
2) We write a new email to EA (For this I tink what we should do is have someone write what they think should be in the email then put it in a thread so people can make changes for say like 2 weeks if they think something is wrong.)

there is a third option but I don't like it much and that is to change all the names of stuff.
Surely though EA doesn't really care about dungeon keeper anymore (korean MMO that won't get out of asia springs to mind) so we should be able to get permission if we haven't already got it.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:11
If it was a fake what held you back so long from saying something? And I think we all know about a company's image. We're not stupid.

Because I really could not imagine, that you people take this seriously. And now when you do, I'm totally shocked. I thought it was some kind of lame joke and noone took it seriously. And now people in this thread say "we have permission: and refer to that email.

This is so childish, I'm sorry.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:13
look in my opinion at the momment we have 2 options:
1) We get simburgur to verify the authenticity of the email
or if that fails
2) We write a new email to EA (For this I tink what we should do is have someone write what they think should be in the email then put it in a thread so people can make changes for say like 2 weeks if they think something is wrong.)

there is a third option but I don't like it much and that is to change all the names of stuff.
Surely though EA doesn't really care about dungeon keeper anymore (korean MMO that won't get out of asia springs to mind) so we should be able to get permission if we haven't already got it.

I can write an official mail to EA. Like that kid, I will not hide the details and names away. I will show it as it is.

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 21:19
OK then write an email but please post it here before you send it so people can decide if there are any changes to be made. That way it better represents the community as a whole and we can makes sure it is specific enough to give us a good answer. Those emails do sound like the person is giving his opinion (saying oh yeah it should be alright) withought knowing for sure but no matter how authentic it is we will still probably need to get a more official confirmation from EA.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:23
Worry not, I am used to writing official documents in both MLA and APA.

I will provide you with the draft, if you demand one.

I am currently looking for a way to contact somebody.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 21:28
Yea, Id like to see the draft. I think A new room posted a link for contact.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:38
Okay there is a special form on their website where you can ask a question directly. Writing a question.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:55
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have some concerns regarding the copyright usage of the "Dungeon Keeper" videogames. I am planning to create a fan-made non-commercial videogame under the "Dungeon Keeper" name series. As mentioned, this is a non-commercial project that is to be distributed freely without any fee, price, or any other commercial mechanics involved. The project will include such elements as graphic design, gameplay elements, and other features from past "Dungeon Keeper" series.

As such, I would like to know if there are any limitations/obligations involved in using this franchise.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely.

Write if you'd add/change something and write why would you add/change it.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 21:58
Hmm, you should change "Dungeon keeper 2" to "The dungeon keeper franchise"

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 21:59
okay. Sure.

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 22:03
Looks good :)

lol look at us "kids" all gathering round Hapuga as if he is writting a letter to Santa Claus for us :p

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 22:04
Should we put it's name in the email (war for the overworld)? If only just to show that we won't be calling it dungeon keeper 3.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 22:06
and who told you that we can't use "3" in the title?

I want the representative to give a full answer where he/she will tell what we can or can't do.

Shall I send it?

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 22:07
Looks good :)

lol look at us "kids" all gathering round Hapuga as if he is writting a letter to Santa Claus for us :p

I feel very strange about doing this actually.

Because this should have been done so long ago.

Why me? ...

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 22:09
I can't speak for everyone, but personally EA just plain scare me.

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 22:11
That's why I asked because I wasn't sure whether or not it would be a good idea (EA might have concerns about it being called dungeon keeper something). It's good I have no quarms with the letter as it is.

kyle
January 6th, 2010, 22:14
I would of recommended it, but i thought it was taken care of. It should of really been the thing that was taken care of first.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 22:15
I shall postpone sending till more people speak their mind.

If nobody adds anything till 2:00 am my time (in 1:45 from this minute) I shall send it.

tehbassdemon
January 6th, 2010, 22:18
well we don't necersarily know whether it has been done. But yeah it should have been sorted out ages ago. Loads of people were saying that we had confirmation and I think that many people assumed there was actually something more official.

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 22:20
Yes, many were misled by overall assurance that everything is the way to go.

Oblivion world :)

A New Room
January 6th, 2010, 22:23
*shrug* I suppose.

dotted
January 6th, 2010, 23:07
Yes, many were misled by overall assurance that everything is the way to go.

Oblivion world :)

Please don't send anything

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 23:13
why? Besides, it will not hurt to know the truth for the 2nd time.

Kopavel
January 6th, 2010, 23:15

Keeper Klan writing a letter to EA:
:)
http://bibliotekar.ru/kRepin/1.files/image001.jpg

Hapuga
January 6th, 2010, 23:16
Keeper Klan writing a letter to EA:
:)

Repin rules =D

Thanks for a good laugh.

Sire
January 7th, 2010, 02:14
Looks good to me. Tell me if any news comes up, becuase I'm gonna hide somewhere now before the EA police come in.

dotted
January 7th, 2010, 02:26

It's silly to send 2 emails at the same time

kyle
January 7th, 2010, 02:30
Are you sending a email dotted?

dotted
January 7th, 2010, 02:36
Are you sending a email dotted?

Already done so

kyle
January 7th, 2010, 02:55
Can you post the said email?

Hapuga
January 7th, 2010, 08:43
dotted:

understood.

A New Room
January 7th, 2010, 16:49
Lets hope EA is in a friendly mood. :o

dotted
January 17th, 2010, 10:21
Well i gave up on a response, trying something else. Please be a little more patient :)

kyle
January 17th, 2010, 10:38
what is the other thing? :)

Madkill
January 17th, 2010, 15:15
Can you post the said email?

Probably the best way to know what is being said actually meets standards.

A New Room
February 2nd, 2010, 01:31
So hows it coming, not just the letter to EA, but with the programmer kyle found? Has he appeared yet? :)

dotted
February 2nd, 2010, 01:40
I have to explain what exactly im seeking permission for, and i have to sign it along with sending it to EA so they can sign it and then they have to send it back to me. Which means i will probably be forced to remove threads that EA doesn't approve of.

A New Room
February 2nd, 2010, 01:51
I was just thinking that. Really hope they respond soon :/

Metal Gear Rex
February 2nd, 2010, 01:54
Which means i will probably be forced to remove threads that EA doesn't approve of.

Will we be notified of said threads beforehand or just those who have importance over an important thread?

dotted
February 2nd, 2010, 01:59
Will we be notified of said threads beforehand or just those who have importance over an important thread?

Well it's not like EA will give me a list of threads to delete. Alternatively we can seperate WftO from Keeper Klan.

A New Room
February 2nd, 2010, 02:02
A lot is depending on what kind of response you get from EA then?

dotted
February 2nd, 2010, 02:18
A lot is depending on what kind of response you get from EA then?

something like that

Monsterbaby
February 3rd, 2010, 18:12
fuck EA....

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6980/1767p72czoomb.jpg (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/1767p72czoomb.jpg/)

.. I hope they share same faith as my sims did, last time I played it!

atari7
February 3rd, 2010, 19:17
wow... take it easy. the last thing we want to do is piss off a giant like E.A :( although why do they care if they dont even plan on makeing it a successful franchise...

*sigh* instead they just give it to a foreign country that wont even make the game like it should be....

Blue Eagle
February 7th, 2010, 02:51
A signature is better than just an E-mail response, there's a formality about signatures that makes them more official.

Well, has there been any replies?

A New Room
February 7th, 2010, 02:57
A signature is better than just an E-mail response, there's a formality about signatures that makes them more official.

Well, has there been any replies?

I think if there was it would be in the form of a big news bulletin by now :/

Hapuga
February 7th, 2010, 12:03
EA have a terrible customer support. Just terrible.

Why cant all big companies just be like Blizzard? =)

Reaper
February 7th, 2010, 12:14

Well at least they use to be good. But since they confirmed that Starcraft 2, and probably Diablo 3 too, won't have a LAN function... they're just as terrible :(

dotted
February 7th, 2010, 12:18

Customer support hasnt got anything to do with it

Hapuga
February 7th, 2010, 15:05
Customer support hasnt got anything to do with it

Their overall support is equivalent to zero too. Write on the forum and you wil never get a response.

Hapuga
February 7th, 2010, 15:07
But since they confirmed that Starcraft 2, and probably Diablo 3 too, won't have a LAN function... they're just as terrible :(

Because you won't be able to download it, crack it and play with your pal? =)

natchoguy
February 7th, 2010, 15:09
this is getting off topic... if it still exists of course

Reaper
February 7th, 2010, 17:18
Because you won't be able to download it, crack it and play with your pal? =)

No. But you do realise realize how ridicilous that argument is? Now people will definitely crack it, make a lan fix, and download it. They will only loose their loyal gamers this way. Gj Blizzard...

Anyway, we should stick to the topic by now lol :D

Monsterbaby
February 8th, 2010, 11:09
Imo blizzard is starting to fuck up their games as much as EA.. Getting way too mainsteam and easy.

I really REALLY hope starcraft 2 will keep its head up high. Afterall the best games Blizzard has made, in my oppinion, are their strategy games.

WOW is basically getting more fcked by every expansion and upgrade.

It has pretty much gone downhill for blizzard a couple of years ago, (gamewise) while their money curve has gone up up and away!

But hey thats buisness...

and NO....

Diablo is NOT a RPG and it never was... its hack and slash (I know no1 inhere said so, but now I did)

ANYWAY, back to topic. I can try see if I can hook up with some of the people I studied with at university. I'm pretty sure they have learned C++ by now. Maybe they need something for a project...you'll never know.

A New Room
February 15th, 2010, 14:46
Could try sending them a letter by post? :/

Though then they will know where you live :eek:

Edit: The only way I imagine EA might say yes is if there was an opportunity to get something out of it.

Blue Eagle
February 18th, 2010, 09:24
You could be a little bit pushy and say something like 'Team Keeper Klan is happy to credit your ownership of 'Dungeon Keeper' in our game and to state in our game that it is not a product of EA and should not be interpreted as such, however if we do not have a reply from you about this issue we will presume that you no longer want to be associated with the 'Dungeon Keeper' name and we will not include such notices' or something like that.
I'm not entirely sure what has been sent to EA though since the people who have spoken/written to them haven't posted what they've sent.

Metal Gear Rex
February 18th, 2010, 09:33
You could be a little bit pushy and say something like 'Team Keeper Klan is happy to credit your ownership of 'Dungeon Keeper' in our game and to state in our game that it is not a product of EA and should not be interpreted as such, however if we do not have a reply from you about this issue we will presume that you no longer want to be associated with the 'Dungeon Keeper' name and we will not include such notices' or something like that.

That might work but at the same time I wonder if they'll get pissed...? Since we're practically forcing them to reply...

Oh yay, I got the 100th post in this thread.

A New Room
February 18th, 2010, 11:55
The problem is that EA doesn't have to answer, they've already got all the IP rights. At the moment we are too tiny for them to care about, "they will probably just stop after a while and give up" would be the thought for all projects like us. It is only when we have something and are giving it away that KK would start to appear on EA's radar. Then the pain starts...

A plan would be to keep sending Emails, letters, faxes, telegrams and smoke signals, etc, while working on it. If no reply appears and WftO is near completion then send them some kind of demo and something saying "Hello
(Insert expansion of who we are and what we have created) we are very interested in getting this out, but wanted to know what EA's opinion is before we start putting links up.

Kindest regards
Keeper Klan"

If they still don't reply, well... we'll have to use the all powerful omni-mind to come up with a plan. I don't think it would be a good idea to assume EA doesn't care about the IP and go a head with giving it away.

Another answer would be to create something that is like dungeon keeper but isn't. Kind of like Torchlight and Diablo.

Hapuga
February 18th, 2010, 16:28
I'll tell you what my common sense tells me. When you make a fansite devoted to DK, its okay. When you draw an art piece and send it to your friends, it's okay. When you create and RPG game based on DK and play it with your friends, it's okay. Why making a game and playing it with friends is not okay? I guess same logic applies here. Otherwise, DOTA creators should be sued for making a game on WCIII engine. Or, Black Mesa modders should be sued by valve for remaking HL1 on Source engine. Or Fonline makers to be sued for making an MMORPG game based on Fallout 1-2 universe with using fallout engine. Or All those people to be sued for making mods/games on their favorite title. It would kill the gaming industry.

Unless you start making profits out of it with not paying dividends to the rights owners it is fine.

Maybe, EA is "special", I dunno. Maybe their contract is special. We have to know for sure, that is true, we have to get the official permission. But I am still quite assured that what we are doing is not wrong in any legal way.

A New Room
February 18th, 2010, 17:00
Indeed, after all EA haven't discouraging people from modding Red Alert 3 and other C&C titles. I would just hope that so long as it is said somewhere that EA are the owners of DK, and there are no huge DK related releases it should be fine.