PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! Four DK2 Beta versions for sale!!!

DragonsLover
January 10th, 2010, 19:50
I got the visit of an English guy on DK.net that told me something extremely interesting. :eek:

On the AssemblerGames (http://www.assemblergames.com/) forum, someone sells something extremely rare: four beta versions of Dungeon Keeper 2 at the price of $150 US. If you wanna see the post by yourself and perhaps even buy those copies, you must register to the AssemblerGames forum first and then get there (http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25492).

As a proof, here are the four pictures of the discs:
http://www.assemblergames.com/images/ebay/IMG_2222.jpg
http://www.assemblergames.com/images/ebay/IMG_2223.jpg
http://www.assemblergames.com/images/ebay/IMG_2224.jpg
http://www.assemblergames.com/images/ebay/IMG_2225.jpg

I'd like to buy the discs myself, but unfortunately, I don't have cash. If someone here is rich enough, this is a REAL OPPORTUNITY that shouldn't be missed!!!

Madkill
January 10th, 2010, 20:38
You gold digger.

Metal Gear Rex
January 10th, 2010, 20:54
Hmm... usually bots advertise like this, are you sure you're not being controlled DragonsLover? :P

What special abbtributes do these have anyways?

DragonsLover
January 10th, 2010, 21:54
A bot? I don't think so...

The guy didn't tell much about the attributes. He was just a messenger. You should get the details on AssemblerGames forum in the said topic.

Duke Ragereaver
January 10th, 2010, 22:00
Does he sell $150 a piece or all of them together? And does he sell them seperately?

Hapuga
January 10th, 2010, 22:00
These should have a lot of interesting things inside... Like source codes and debugs... This may be our key to DK2. We HAVE to get at least one copy.

DragonsLover
January 10th, 2010, 22:04
Does he sell $150 a piece or all of them together? And does he sell them seperately?

Dunno. The guy didn't specified. I guess it's 150$ for all of them as the way the guy told so. Here's what he said:

Sometimes in the forum somebody come and sell rare stuff, and in this occasion they are selling four (4) betas of Dungeon Keeper 2, at the price of $150 (USD Dollars).

Again, you should get the details on the AssemblerGames topic.

Evi
January 10th, 2010, 22:06
Damn. Damn! DAMN! :mad:

At times like these, I wished I saved my money.

...And I wished I had money! :(

Walkerz
January 10th, 2010, 22:19
Should let people from this site be able to donate and then with that money buy a cd for the all the members to use.

Metal Gear Rex
January 10th, 2010, 22:40
A bot? I don't think so...

I was teasing you. :P

I wanna buy them, I have to wait for a moderator to activate my account.

I never spent my Christmas money, and I have more allounce money saved too, because I hardly ever buy anything.

If I get them, I can distribute the info for you guys to see too. Then we could figure out DK2 and perhaps fix some really messed up stuff.

dotted
January 10th, 2010, 23:18
These should have a lot of interesting things inside... Like source codes and debugs... This may be our key to DK2. We HAVE to get at least one copy.

Debug info yes, source code - extremely unlikely.

Purewolfie
January 10th, 2010, 23:19
It really is a golden opportunity it seems, how on earth did the 'seller' get a hold of those discs anyway? ex-bullfrog employee maybe? if so wouldn't it be worth some time and effort to see if he can shed some light on most the issues DK2 has within it?

Tried to register on those forums and got an error saying my e-mail address was banned.. might be due to hotmail.. I dunno :p

Either way, good luck to anyone trying to grab those discs, nice find by DragonsLover as well :)

Madkill
January 11th, 2010, 01:14
Debug info yes, source code - extremely unlikely.

Always killing peoples enthusiasm, tis harsh of you.

So how do you get all this technical shizen from the discs?

dotted
January 11th, 2010, 01:16
Always killing peoples enthusiasm, tis harsh of you.
Reality is harsh deal with it.

So how do you get all this technical shizen from the discs?
With a debugger :eek:

Hapuga
January 11th, 2010, 16:46

With a debugger :eek:

Debug is still a great deal of good luck. We need that cd anyway.

Metal Gear Rex
January 11th, 2010, 17:17
I'll buy it. :D

Going to send the guy a PM later though, like later today. Need permission from my dad when he gets back from work.

mefistotelis
January 11th, 2010, 18:42
Ohh.. I already see these funcion names in my imagination...

:D

Source code is rather unlikely... but in one of Syndicate Wars betas, they did left one of the source files (a header file, to be exact). Maybe...

Madkill
January 11th, 2010, 22:02

So shoving it in peoples faces is just for your own amusement then. 'Kay.

DragonsLover
January 12th, 2010, 05:04
dotted, Madkill: Stop that now! Can't you both grow a bit? :mad:

Hapuga
January 13th, 2010, 20:57
Ok, I don't want anyone to get too excited, because I do not promise anything.

But.

but but but.

I might get 3 pre-release DK2 press-kit cd's for free in nearest week or two. Negotiating about that atm.

Once again, no promises. Don't expect anything. I found a guy who had those cs's 2 years ago. There are 2 obstacles: he might lost/sold/whatever them, 2, he might want something for them.

Will post asap if I get any news from him.

natchoguy
January 13th, 2010, 21:07
I am so exited, I need a copy for special needs

Sire
January 26th, 2010, 20:56
While this is from a few days ago, any updates in this thread, or is it long gone already? (I'm not going to get it myself, but I'm still wondering about everyone else)

Pizu_Meaku
January 26th, 2010, 21:08
Some needs to buy this and publish this because, this needs to be shared among this community. WE NEED THIS. IT BELONGS TO US!

Metal Gear Rex
January 26th, 2010, 23:22
While this is from a few days ago, any updates in this thread, or is it long gone already? (I'm not going to get it myself, but I'm still wondering about everyone else)

Some needs to buy this and publish this because, this needs to be shared among this community. WE NEED THIS. IT BELONGS TO US!

Oh crap I so totally forgot... I already PMed him, and he gave me the info to buy it. I'm gonna get it tonight. :)

I was getting busy with multiple things and thus forgot.

dotted
January 26th, 2010, 23:43
Oh crap I so totally forgot... I already PMed him, and he gave me the info to buy it. I'm gonna get it tonight. :)

Sweeeeet

Blutonium
January 27th, 2010, 11:26

Thank you kind sir - you have saved us all! :)

Sire
January 27th, 2010, 18:23
I wanna cookie for reminding him... :(

Anyway, I hope that info is still valid. You may be welcomed as a hero to the forums after its all said and done. :D

Metal Gear Rex
January 27th, 2010, 18:29
I wanna cookie for reminding him... :(

Anyway, I hope that info is still valid. You may be welcomed as a hero to the forums after its all said and done. :D

But I thought I waz dah hero after beginning work on the RPG and being popularz... :(

Can someone remind me in 8 hours in case I forget, I'll make a note but just in case 8 hours someone may remind me.

He would have notified me if the deal was off, so no worries there. Besides, looking at the posts in that thread it seems no one is really interested in the DK2 Betas (They're on crack if you ask me) :)

Edit:

I haz sent my PM to myself from the past to the future to save the world from dah distruction. :)

A New Room
January 27th, 2010, 19:07
But I thought I waz dah hero after beginning work on the RPG and being popularz... :(

Can someone remind me in 8 hours in case I forget, I'll make a note but just in case 8 hours someone may remind me.

He would have notified me if the deal was off, so no worries there. Besides, looking at the posts in that thread it seems no one is really interested in the DK2 Betas (They're on crack if you ask me) :)

Edit:

I haz sent my PM to myself from the past to the future to save the world from dah distruction. :) You sir are no hero! You are just far to evil for that I'm afraid... :P

As for the people on the forum they know not the true power within those discs... and neither do we but we should respect them all the same.:eek:

Oh and Ted, don't forget to wind your watch...

Metal Gear Rex
January 27th, 2010, 19:12
Oh and Ted, don't forget to wind you watch...

You want me to what now? Are you asking that I make love to this beautiful watch!? You sick little monkey! >:(

A New Room
January 27th, 2010, 19:47
You want me to what now? Are you asking that I make love to this beautiful watch!? You sick little monkey! >:( How do you figure? I made no refrence to such an act :confused:

Hapuga
January 28th, 2010, 15:31
Did you get those cd's MGR?

Metal Gear Rex
January 28th, 2010, 19:29
Working on it, going to try and organize something over ebay because I'm more so familiar with that/will be protected if anything were to happen.

Metal Gear Rex
February 1st, 2010, 07:34
Damn, no replies yet. :(

I sent the request to try something there on the 27th... I hope nothing is going wrong.

Metal Gear Rex
February 22nd, 2010, 00:53
Well I got some bad news, still no replies at all. I think I know what happened.

Basically, I was to send information from my paypal account. I wasn't too sure what information exactly to send so I ask my brother. He doesn't tell me (How helpful) and instead tells me to go onto ebay because "He could be trying to scam me" and with ebay I'd be covered. I also was familiar with ebay so I sent him a message requesting this.

He probably figured I was the one trying to scam him, if in the case he initianally wasn't trying to scam me, and also thought I was going to use ebay to do so. I was very new at the forum, not even posts, just PMed him, and so I can see why he would think that if he does that is.

He probably never replied because he thought I was trying to scam him, in which case I wasn't.

A New Room
February 22nd, 2010, 01:02
So is he still selling them? :/

Metal Gear Rex
February 22nd, 2010, 01:03
So is he still selling them? :/

Probably, but I lost my chances. :(

A New Room
February 22nd, 2010, 01:06
I don't quite get why? They look like they are still on sale :/

Metal Gear Rex
February 22nd, 2010, 01:08
I don't quite get why? They look like they are still on sale :/

Well it is because he might be thinking I'm trying to scam him. That's why, I could create another account and everything but he may be suspicious since nobody else seems interested.

A New Room
February 22nd, 2010, 01:17
Maybe PM him again or post in the thread about wanting to purchase them?

Say something like "Hey I'm quite new here, I'm just wondering are the Dungeon Keeper 2 discs still up for sale?"

Sire
February 22nd, 2010, 02:09
You may want to direct him to this forum and saying you want to purchase it on behalf of the KK community. That may work (although he may jack up the price...).

Necror
February 22nd, 2010, 17:50
the first 2 say there not virus checked
lalalala la

dotted
February 25th, 2010, 15:30
http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=403971#post403971 Seems the french are after them aswell, at least it is someone we know :p

Chr!x
February 25th, 2010, 16:35
http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=403971#post403971 Seems the french are after them aswell, at least it is someone we know :p

May be :p I hope so...

I've send PM to this guy since (http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=46&id=25623#25658) 12th jan... He never reply. So I try posting in public, but I'm afraid :horny: strike his neck. Should be the best reason of his silence :)

A New Room
February 25th, 2010, 17:11
I like DK.NET even more now :D

Chr!x
February 25th, 2010, 17:14
Me too :D Quiet place since being hacked on 8th feb. :o

Metal Gear Rex
February 25th, 2010, 19:08
May be :p I hope so...

I've send PM to this guy since (http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=53&func=view&catid=46&id=25623#25658) 12th jan... He never reply. So I try posting in public, but I'm afraid :horny: strike his neck. Should be the best reason of his silence :)

Oh so maybe it isn't something wrong on my end! I wonder what happened to him, I'm urged to attempt to fix DK2 but we might want some beta data first in order to do that.

Rawr, I wasn't expecting you to sign up here though, that caught me by surprise! Although DragonsLover is here too so yeah... :P

I'd like that place better if I could read what it said, XD

Chr!x
February 25th, 2010, 19:27
I don't exactly know why he did not respond to emails or PM. He's still active on his board, so he read all messages... In my opinion, he probably has already sold them... Unfortunately for DK2 community :-s Lost forever :mad:

Concerning my presence here, it's justify by the need to update me on all projects DK, especially since DK.NET has been hacked for the 3rd time in 6 years...

BTW, I congratulate KeeperFX & WFTO team. Theses projects are awesome. They R an example for us all. I hope to offer the community a new French DK.NET a few times, despite my professional activities that take me too long.

Be seying U.

Necror
February 25th, 2010, 20:08
i don't realy trust this whole thing
the guy is just posting it on a forum and not on ebay
printing cd's isn't tough
and where the hell would this guy get dkII beta cd's

A New Room
February 25th, 2010, 20:10
The whole thing really does seem quite dodge.

Chr!x
February 25th, 2010, 20:16

Not sure. See pics path : www.assemblergames.com/images/ebay/IMG_xxx

Metal Gear Rex
February 25th, 2010, 20:22

I asked him that... This is what he wrote...

"I can't really go into how I got them, it was a sad story of death and disposal of a life's collection like
garbage...."

A New Room
February 25th, 2010, 20:30
He killed the previous owner? :eek:

dotted
February 25th, 2010, 21:30

Well that forum is kinda dedicated to this kind of stuff, so it makes perfect sense. Would be nice if he responded however.

A New Room
April 24th, 2010, 00:22
I really wonder what happened to them :/

dotted
May 27th, 2010, 03:37
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=420230#post420230 the beta's are still for sale.

Metal Gear Rex
May 27th, 2010, 04:03
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=420230#post420230 the beta's are still for sale.

Damn, and I already spent my money. :/

dk2player
May 27th, 2010, 04:11
just want to know, what exactly makes the beta versions worth buying?

Metal Gear Rex
May 27th, 2010, 04:17
just want to know, what exactly makes the beta versions worth buying?

Read the whole thread, you'll find posts like this:

dotted
May 27th, 2010, 04:38
Source code no thats unlikely, but they might have debug information but that is really a gamble, they might just be plain boring betas.

Agzarah
May 27th, 2010, 09:25
perhaps you could ask the seller...

Pawnbroker
May 27th, 2010, 19:23
Its really worrying me that some arsehole is going to buy these cd and wont upload the files on the internet.. files we could use to build proper mods

Metal Gear Rex
May 27th, 2010, 19:39
Its really worrying me that some arsehole is going to buy these cd and wont upload the files on the internet.. files we could use to build proper mods

Honestly if someone else was after them, they would have tried to get them by now. Unless they really are an ass and try to get it so we can't have it but considering it ain't exactly free, the odds of that happening are pretty unlikely.

kyle
May 27th, 2010, 19:51
We should all put money together.

A New Room
May 27th, 2010, 20:01
Isn't the problem that the guy who is selling them never responds?

kyle
May 27th, 2010, 20:14
Dunno, From what I read earlier, he responded to somebody with a vague answer.