PDA

View Full Version : We are getting publicity

dotted
January 11th, 2010, 00:04
I was wondering why keeper klan had a sudden spike in simultaneous users 3 days ago, i took a look at Google Analytics and lo and behold, not only did we break the simultaneous users record - we had more then 600 visits that day compared 300 normally.

Google Analytics revealed that the source of all this was a french linux website site, something that conformed to me that for WFTO being cross platform is vital.

Since the site is french, here is a google translate versionof the site: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://linuxfr.org/~FabienC/29235.html

Metal Gear Rex
January 11th, 2010, 00:08
Doesn't say much about it actually being a sequal game... lolz.

Madkill
January 11th, 2010, 00:54
So now you want WFTO to be on Mac and Linux or something?

How lovely.

Tech demo WFTO's engine by finishing up NBKE otherwise you'll be shooting hundreds of people in the foot. ^_^

tehbassdemon
January 11th, 2010, 00:59
erm madkill that was the point from the start it was going to be multiformat it's not just a new idea. The more people find out about our little community the better I think. Although do we even have permission for wfto yet? Sorry wrong thread but I'm curious.

dotted
January 11th, 2010, 01:07
So now you want WFTO to be on Mac and Linux or something?
That has always been the plan. This is also why we are not using Kopavels engine.

Tech demo WFTO's engine by finishing up NBKE otherwise you'll be shooting hundreds of people in the foot. ^_^
We are no longer using NBKE as the engine. What we have done is we have teamed up with the guys doing a Ogre3D port of NBKE. We are still 100% focused on WFTO but since we share code we will indirectly be contributing to Ogre3D DK1 remake, and they will be indirectly contributing to us.

http://wiki.keeperklan.com/en/War_for_the_Overworld/Engine_design here are some goals and ideas that have been discussed, however at this point it is outdated and no longer valid.

erm madkill that was the point from the start it was going to be multiformat it's not just a new idea. The more people find out about our little community the better I think. Although do we even have permission for wfto yet? Sorry wrong thread but I'm curious.
If we consider Simburgurs email correspondence with an EA employee invalid then no, so far my attempts have been unfruitful. But i haven't given up yet.

Madkill
January 11th, 2010, 01:18
"we have teamed up with the guys doing a Ogre3D port of NBKE."

Then whoever those 'guys' are I need to talk to them, since this ModDB NBKE page needs some updating of something other than just Bluto's models.

dotted
January 11th, 2010, 01:21
http://forum.keeperklan.com/engine-t203.html?p=2450#post2450

A New Room
January 11th, 2010, 02:01
Yay publicity! Though I have to admit that for a sec I thought you were going to say some major gaming news site had mentioned us. But This is still pretty huge!

If we consider Simburgurs email correspondence with an EA employee invalid then no, so far my attempts have been unfruitful. But i haven't given up yet.

Yeah contacting major corporations is always difficult. :(

But then again just think how many "can we use this" messages they get :P

dk2player
January 11th, 2010, 04:47
Doesn't say much about it actually being a sequal game... lolz.

to oficallize, this ISN'T a sequil. EA said we can't use their title, so we basically have to make our own game that is simlar to what dk3 was meant to be.

dotted
January 11th, 2010, 04:56
to oficallize, this ISN'T a sequil. EA said we can't use their title, so we basically have to make our own game that is simlar to what dk3 was meant to be.

Its a spiritual succesor

Metal Gear Rex
January 11th, 2010, 04:57

EA didn't say we can't use their title... they haven't even replied according to what dotted said.

A New Room
January 11th, 2010, 10:07
EA didn't say we can't use their title... they haven't even replied according to what dotted said.

It would seem that Aaron Kaufman is really someone from EA. Though the only way I found to contact him is by PM on the C&C forums. This kinda leads me to the conclusion that the messages Sim posted were PMs.

I think we need Sims angle. Where is this reclusive chap?

dotted
January 11th, 2010, 10:41
It would seem that Aaron Kaufman is really someone from EA. Though the only way I found to contact him is by PM on the C&C forums. This kinda leads me to the conclusion that the messages Sim posted were PMs.

I think we need Sims angle. Where is this reclusive chap?

The thing is the PMs aren't very official looking.

Madkill
January 11th, 2010, 13:42
The thing is the PMs aren't very official looking.

Screenshot that you requested permission from someone within EA who had the authority to allow it.

When asked about the permission, you show the screenshot of the PM.

Blue Eagle
January 16th, 2010, 02:32
Well it might not be English but it's good, hopefully this can get us more development members, the more the better.

While we're on topic of permission we really need something written down with the signature(s) of people with that authority and EA's logo on it for it to really be unfallible, probably best sent by E-mail. If we can't get the title 'Dungeon Keeper' we can always try to get a licence to use the characters and other likenesses from the existing Dungeon Keeper games.

A New Room
January 16th, 2010, 03:12
All this tension over EA's permission to take DK's hand in marriage, is killing me.

EA if you are watching please be charitable, it would make me so happy I would buy 2 of any 1 game you name... :eek:

Ini
January 16th, 2010, 13:14
You don't need permission to create fan art. As long as you don't make a profit then there is nothing wrong and EA or any other company can't and won't do a thing about it. Ofcourse its always nice to have permission (its the right thing to do), unless your thinking of selling anything you make then you really don't need to worry.;)

A New Room
January 16th, 2010, 13:53
We just have to wait and see :)