Any old players around here?

:)

Metal Gear Rex
August 22nd, 2017, 07:39
I'm old.

Sort of.

YourMaster
August 22nd, 2017, 09:43
Nobody here as old as you are Nosferatu, but I played both games when they were just released.

Woudo
August 22nd, 2017, 11:31
When you're getting wheeled into a common room with a bunch of other withered skeletons all staring deadeyed at a small muted TV in the corner, will you still be proud of your age?

It's only Tuesday. Your kids aren't coming to visit for at least 5 days. Though it feels like an eternity, only five minutes as passed. Five minutes in just one day of one month of one year.

Narachi
August 24th, 2017, 17:18
Well, it depends on how you define "old". I've played DK2 since release but I was just 7 years old back then. I've had 2 online matches (where the host had cheats enabled and tried to cheese with "Feel the power") and sucked badly at the game. I don't even remember my "online name" because it's been so long. And we had a modem which stopped working when somebody was using the phone at the same time.

Dkmaniac
August 28th, 2017, 17:12
Yo, just got Keeperfx couple of weeks ago. Been playing DK1 since the 90's when it first came out. Love these custom campaigns people have made. #KeepDKAlive!

DemureGirl
September 21st, 2017, 17:09
I got into DK2 as a child by "accident".

My friend had a theme hospital demo disk and I fell in love with it.

My dad and I scoured all the local pc shops for it (ah, the days without Amazon...) and eventually we found it in a game bundle with some racing game and... DK2. The racing game didn't interest me at all and I'm face value neither did DK2... I just wanted that Hospital!

Since it was a 15 rated game I wasn't allowed to play it (I was about 10 at the time) but curiosity got the better of me and I begged my parents to let me play it. My dad checked it out with me and gave me approval to play it by myself

And then I never stopped