PDA

View Full Version : Text messages

Waicedd
August 29th, 2017, 00:28
Hello everyone :horny: I want to ask how to write your own text for the map? Thanks in advance :)

Waicedd
August 29th, 2017, 00:36
In the folder with the game, the files have the extension .str.... I can not find the program to open them

Metal Gear Rex
August 29th, 2017, 00:40
http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk2_tools_other.php

Get the DK2 STR Tool. Put it in your text folder (data/text/default). The .cmd file, edit it and you'll see something like "strtool LEVEL7 x".

In the readme, there's this.

Usage:
strtool <strfile> <operation>
Valid <operations> are:
x: eXport entries into text file
c: Create the str file using text file
d: Dump str file structure data

Afterwards just run it, although do be careful as to not accidentally overwrite the files. I usually leave it at x for safety in case I accidentally run it instead of going to edit it.

Waicedd
August 29th, 2017, 00:54
Oh thx for quick response, but this website don't work for me... Do you have this file on this site?

YourMaster
August 29th, 2017, 07:52
The website is down for the moment, but should be up in a few days.

Waicedd
August 29th, 2017, 12:56
It's good! Cause I tried to open it for more week

Waicedd
August 31st, 2017, 02:02
Finally I downloaded it. I placed files from two archives in a copy of data/text/default. But when strtool starts, "...Not enought parameters. The <strfile> should be given without extension. Valid x c d..." appears, and the inscription "press any button key for continue", after pressing any key the program simply turns off. What can be the problem (except my hands) :confused:

impboy4
August 31st, 2017, 02:19
It has to be loaded through command prompt or making a batch file.

Waicedd
August 31st, 2017, 12:30
It has to be loaded through command prompt or making a batch file.

What's the difference?

DensonJ
September 18th, 2017, 23:54
1.) Ensure that you can view file extensions in your OS. In Windows it is generally under View>Options.
2.) You should probably create a new 'working' directory for creating STR files somewhere under your DK2 Editor directory. You can copy the STR files from your game directory over to the working directory. This keeps your game files "safe". :-)
3.) Create a new text file in your new working directory, but rename it to: ExtractStr.cmd
4.) Place the following script code in the file:
REM Usage:
REM strtool <strfile> <operation>
REM Valid <operations> are:
REM x: eXport entries into text file
REM c: Create the str file using text file
REM d: Dump str file structure data
REM Example - strtool LEVELn x
strtool LEVELn_BRIEFING x
Pause
5.) Create another new text file in your new working directory, but rename it to: CreateStr.cmd
6.) Place the following script code in the file:
REM Usage:
REM strtool <strfile> <operation>
REM Valid <operations> are:
REM x: eXport entries into text file
REM c: Create the str file using text file
REM d: Dump str file structure data
REM Example - strtool LEVELn c
strtool LEVELn_BRIEFING c
Pause
7.) Now simply change the STR file name in the execution string to whatever you are working on, save it and execute the CMD script to either eXport or Create STR files.

I hope this helps!