PDA

View Full Version : -fps parameter?

AdamP
December 14th, 2017, 01:46
I'm not sure, but I think I may have come across some strange hidden parameter (I can't find anything about this on the web). I was looking at KEEPER95.exe in a hex editor, and I saw some strings that I recognised as parameters: "nosound", "1player," "usersfont" etc. Amongst them was "fps". I tried it in KeeperFX, and the game loads, but crashes after starting a level. I once tried to add the parameter into the KeeperFX settings, but the launcher crashed and I had to reinstall KeeperFX because the launcher kept crashing when I tried to load it thereafter. When I try a parameter that is not amongst those, I get an error message.

Does anyone know anything about this?

AdamP
December 14th, 2017, 01:53
I'm not sure, but I think I may have come across some strange hidden parameter (I can't find anything about this on the web). I was looking at KEEPER95.exe in a hex editor, and I saw some strings that I recognised as parameters: "nosound", "1player," "usersfont" etc. Amongst them was "fps". I tried it in KeeperFX, and the game loads, but crashes after starting a level. I once tried to add the parameter into the KeeperFX settings, but the launcher crashed and I had to reinstall KeeperFX because the launcher kept crashing when I tried to load it thereafter. When I try a parameter that is not amongst those, I get an error message.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Ah, I've just had a look at the launcher, and it appears to be a "frames per second" parameter. Am I correct? I didn't know this was in the original game.

YourMaster
December 14th, 2017, 14:48
Here, take a look at this wiki page: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/Command-Line-Options