PDA

View Full Version : Saving with Adikted with KeeperFX

Sire
January 16th, 2010, 04:25
Yes, before you point out the instruction booklet, I did look at it. I might be blind, but at least I saw it!
Anyway, I'm trying to make a map for DK 1 (Was for DK 2, but was turned away becuase lack of a mini-map function [or can't find it]). I am using Adikted.

The installation instructions, while there, doesn't seem as clear or easy to use for the common person (or a person that decided to use KeeperFX instead)

I am assuming that the map.iri (Configuration Settings) in the Adikted folder must be opened and infomation within changed to show the path to Keeper FX (or normal Dungeon Keeper).
So, I changed the levels path to the one listed below. I still don't know what the heck I'm doing.

LEVELS_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\keeperfx_ccp_0_33_complete\level

I managed to open the editor (didn't get much done, mostly played around with it), but when saving I get

Error: Can't open for writing when saving ''.\levels\newmap.adi''

The editor is still in it's orignal downloaded folder, I did not move it or any of the data in the Adikted folder.

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks in advance,
-Sire

Duke Ragereaver
January 16th, 2010, 09:06
You're sure the path isn't this below? Notice the S on the end.

LEVELS_PATH=C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\keeperfx_ccp_0_33_complete\levelS

If it that isn't the case, the path you have set seems to be correct and it should work. Did you also look in the levels folder for your map? Because I get errors too but Adikted saves it correctly anyway.

Sire
March 22nd, 2010, 01:53
I tried using this again with my new computer (Win 7), and it didn't work. Next thing I know, my Virus Protection (Norton on this one), declared it a virus and removed it automatically...

Virus or is it just overreacting?

(I think McAffee is a better virus protection, or AVG + Spybot)

Mistressmaster
March 22nd, 2010, 22:38
I'm getting this exact same problem:mad: Except I'm not using keeperfx and my OS is Vista. I can load maps in Adikted, but when it come to saving them it's hopeless.

Skaruts
May 25th, 2010, 03:34
If you place the editor (map.exe) in the same folder as keeper95.exe or keeperFX.exe (or, in other words, the game folder) you can simply edit the .ini file to this:

LEVELS_PATH=.\levels

DATA_PATH=.\data

(remember to put this .ini file in the same place as the .exe)