PDA

View Full Version : 1.7's fail-safe

impboy4
April 23rd, 2018, 23:38
I know 1.7 AI is complete garbage when it comes to attacking/defending; but somehow Bullfrog gave them a fail-safe for building dungeons; for example if you have one or more gem seams in the way of one of their rooms being built; they will eventually build other rooms after a short while like the gems aren't there.

Metal Gear Rex
April 24th, 2018, 01:28
Technically speaking, none of the AIs across the different versions are really the objective "best", although I can't quite speak for 1.61. I think 1.7 also uses the combat pit better than the others, for instance. The inability to detect threats though absolutely neuters it so it's all a moot point for 1.7 at least.

impboy4
April 24th, 2018, 03:41
It makes you wonder why Bullfrog not take the AI assets from DK1 and implement it into this game. DK1's AI had fail-safes for everything.

I am hoping OpenKeeper has more DK1-esque keeper AI.

tonihele
April 24th, 2018, 16:23
It makes you wonder why Bullfrog not take the AI assets from DK1 and implement it into this game. DK1's AI had fail-safes for everything.

I am hoping OpenKeeper has more DK1-esque keeper AI.

We are trying :) But at least it is open so technically speaking a pro scientist dude can tweak it.

YourMaster
April 24th, 2018, 18:26
And pro religion dudes can pray you get it right the first time.

tonihele
April 24th, 2018, 19:40
:D