PDA

View Full Version : Are these cheat codes real?

AdamP
November 22nd, 2018, 04:19
I have this guide book for Dungeon Keeper, and it claims there were some cheat codes circulating on the internet that one types during a game:

DKLVLSKP - supposedly goes to the next level
DKLLSTERS - Every monster becomes available (not sure what that means. Maybe it means all creatures can be attracted?)
DKND - Supposedly wins the level

Well, I tried them in KeeperFX and they didn't work. The book does say they may only work in the pre-release version, or that they may just be made-up. I suspect the latter, as I have never heard of these cheats before. But it's possible they are real but that I'm supposed to do something else first.

I did a quick search and found these cheats here (http://www.thecomputershow.com/computershow/cheats/dungeonkeepercheats.htm), which says they only work on 'certain versions'. Does anyone know if this is real and if so, which version they work on?

Thanks.

YourMaster
November 22nd, 2018, 09:51
They do not work for KeeperFX. KeeperFX has an entire range of cheats, different from those you post. You need to have the -alex command line option enabled to make them work.

AdamP
November 23rd, 2018, 00:17
They do not work for KeeperFX. KeeperFX has an entire range of cheats, different from those you post. You need to have the -alex command line option enabled to make them work.

I am aware of the Enter and Posses-F12 cheat menus, but was wondering if cheat codes from the original game made it into KeeperFX. This guide book lists these codes, and then outright states that they may not actually be real (I think it even says the author couldn't get them to work). I thought this was highly curious, as guide books (even unofficial ones like this) usually report facts, not rumours. It also states that these codes were circulating online, and everything on the internet is true, right? :)

YourMaster
November 23rd, 2018, 00:43
I would go looking for naked dark mistresses in the game if I were you.

Now this one made it over:
Sacrifice exactly 4 piles of gold and exactly 4 imps. Now sacrifice 16 chickens and you'll get a spider from the portal(up to 4).

Themperror
November 25th, 2018, 21:37
there is no "naked" mistress, there is no sprite for them in the files ( I know since I have dissected them)

At the very best there would be a possible pallette swap for it to make it appear like that
but it'd be a different color current mistress rather than a naked one

YourMaster
November 25th, 2018, 23:06
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg