PDA

View Full Version : Snow or different tiles in the original editor.

Waltz
January 8th, 2019, 04:02
Brief yes or no question I was unable to find. Is it possible to make a map have snow or the late game different looking ground tiles from the original campaign using the original bullfrog editor or is it only possible using adikted? Thanks!

Metal Gear Rex
January 8th, 2019, 05:39
I think you just need to press T or something and it'll cycle through the textures, but it's definitely possible.

Waltz
January 8th, 2019, 06:52
I think you just need to press T or something and it'll cycle through the textures, but it's definitely possible.

T did work, thanks!

Another question and excuse my noobiness - I'm new to the whole thing. Is there a way to do a DISPLAY_OBJECTIVE which is customized and not picked from the original dungeon keeper text.dat?

For example, if I wanted to say "This snowy land is rife with joy and good cheer. Perhaps they deserve an appointment with the harbinger for all that is evil and malevolent... that's you master." How would I go about doing this? Is there a text file somewhere I must customize or change? Sorry if the answer is simple. I appreciate the help!

YourMaster
January 8th, 2019, 09:52
Sure, you use quick_objective (http://keeper.lubiki.pl/dk1_docs/dk_scripting_ref.htm#scrpt_cmd_quick_objective) and quick_information instead. It functions exactly the same but with your own custom text.